Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

did you fly Comfort class from LAX to IST yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

did you fly Comfort class from LAX to IST yet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:44 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Thank you Shareholder. that is great news and makes me feel like the money I spent on the CC ticket is well worth it.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just flew CC from IST-LAX and with the exception of the luggage screw up (priority bag container was improperly loaded at IST and was the last off the plane at LAX instead of first, we waited over an hour for these bags!) can report this was one of the most pleasant flying experiences I've had behind F or C/J. In many ways it was superior to my UA C experiences: cabin service, meals, seats, ambiance of the cabin. It helps having an empty seat beside you, but even if all seats are filled, I never felt cramped as I do in UA's new C seats.

The amenity kit has just the right functional items (comb/brush, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, lip balm, socks, eye shades, ear plugs), leg space more than adequate. Seat was for the most part comfortable, though found the leg rest a bit short. Lots of choice on the IFE, including some very interesting "foreign" films, i.e. non-Hollywood.

I did HKG-IST and IST-LAX in one jump but found myself refreshed and not at all uncomfortable after either the 10 hours flight from HKG or the 12 hour one to LAX. In October I have a somewhat more daunting MR doing the LAX turnaround, meaning four flights of 10+ hours consecutively! Hoping the new TK lounge at IST is open by then, though my Priority Pass got me into one of several lounges.
^^Agree 100% - I flew HKG-IST, had 2 days in IST then did IST-LAX July 9th.
There were only about 20 people in CC on the HKG-IST leg. IST-LAX was full in CC and Y looked pretty much sold out (I tried a dummy booking in Y a couple of days before the flight and the nonstop was greyed out).

I thought the food was great - better than I've had in UA international C and in some cases, F. AVOD had a great selection of movies and music - far better than I had in UA F on the SFO-HKG flight.

I have a hard time sleeping in planes - the UA C seats even though they are lie flat, are too narrow for me - I feel like I'm in a coffin. The UA F suites are great and I managed to get a few hours sleep on the flight to HKG. So, imagine my surprise when I managed to nap most of the way on the IST-LAX flight even though the seat recline isn't great, I found the seat to be very comfortable.

If TK are only charging $200 more for CC over Y, I'd take it in a instant. I really enjoyed Istanbul (after having very unpleasant experiences there many many years ago) so would actually consider going back. Better keep my eyes peeled for another mistake fare....
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
My wife and I flew comfort class LAX-IST in april when they first started using FF miles. It was so much nicer than economy! We would definitely choose this if at all possible for future flights. The seats were much larger and comfortable in our opinion, and when the person in front of you reclines, you're not stuck with the seat in your face. The food was great (and different than econ), the staff were great, video selection was fabulous (got to watch the original Bullitt movie). I'll be surprised if this doesn't catch on, unless they start charging a lot more.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: UA *G MM
NRT-IST departing next week is $1800 economy and $3000 for CC. 2-3-2 and 46 inch pitch is like business class in the late 1990s. Is this differential similar to the USA-IST routes? Generally speaking, Tokyo to Europe is quite expensive in Eco during the summer. Around $2600 in eco on LH to FRA.

I wonder if it's likely that they sell upgrades for EUR 200ish (as mentioned here), which would make it better to buy economy?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I'm flying CC next month JFK-IST and IST-LAX. Can anyone comment about sitting at the window seat and being able to get out of the seat without disturbing the aisle seat person? especially if the person in front is reclined? On long flights I usually take the aisle seat for the ease of gettting out of the seat without waking someone else up, but I'd rather have the window seat.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There is no way that a person sitting in the window seat could get by to use the washroom and not disturb their seat mate especially when the seats in front are reclined and the person in the aisle seat is also reclined. Best option is to choose a window and hope no one sits in the aisle seat. Good luck.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
I'm considering flying in Comfort Class from LAX to IST in October. I've been watching the fares for about the last month and they always seems to be about $1,900/roundtrip. Does this sound about right? Anyone aware whether Turkish has sales or special deals on these fares these days. Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by davidsfo
I'm considering flying in Comfort Class from LAX to IST in October. I've been watching the fares for about the last month and they always seems to be about $1,900/roundtrip. Does this sound about right? Anyone aware whether Turkish has sales or special deals on these fares these days. Thanks.
I am flying in September and I paid slightly more than $1900 to do LAX to ESB and IST back to LAX in Comfort Class and Y class domestic leg. I watched the price all summer and it never changed, so I finally booked it.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by NW-A332
I am flying in September and I paid slightly more than $1900 to do LAX to ESB and IST back to LAX in Comfort Class and Y class domestic leg. I watched the price all summer and it never changed, so I finally booked it.
Many thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking out the Comfort Class since it seems to be getting great reviews.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:41 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

I thought I'll log my experience so far, although I'm still in the ground. I was really impressed to see that they had 2 check-in counters allocated for CC other than the one for business and the bunch for economy. That was a nice touch. I have to say I haven't been through lax tbit in a while and it was easy to get through security too.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by NW-A332
Which dates you are flying inbound/outbound?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:38 pm

September 18 - 24
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:10 am
fadynaime
Original Poster

Just landed in ist. Let me say those comfort class seats are amazing and the food was great. I can't believe what a few hundred dollars can do these days. The seat was impressively wide, there was plenty of space on that seat and the leg room amazing. I have to say the recline is nice but needed a bit more. I I'd manage to fall sleep easily though.

The welcome drink (as soon as the flight takes off) is a nice touch with the welcome finger food.
An hour so later dinner was served I had the chicken, person next to me had the fish. Both looked and smelled great.

Not sure what to say other than I don't think I can fly Eco again. I've been spoiled. Lol I say that but please note I have not been on business class in over 10 years.

Please let me know if u have any other questions I may not have answered.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:24 pm

I just bought LAX to IST in Comfort Class outbound 10.5.11 return 10.12.11 for the awesome price of $1,192. I've never seen it that low over the last several months and other days that week were much more, so maybe the loads that day were very low. If you want to go to IST in Comfort, keep checking the website.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:30 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidsfo
I just bought LAX to IST in Comfort Class outbound 10.5.11 return 10.12.11 for the awesome price of $1,192. I've never seen it that low over the last several months and other days that week were much more, so maybe the loads that day were very low. If you want to go to IST in Comfort, keep checking the website.
Could it be a deal price for the Wednesday flight only as a promotion, since it just got introduced.
Wonder if they r flying the same plane on those 3 consecutive 3 day flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.