FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   did you fly Comfort class from LAX to IST yet (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1216500-did-you-fly-comfort-class-lax-ist-yet.html)

fnaime23 May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

did you fly Comfort class from LAX to IST yet

so any one fly the comfort class from LAX to IST. I did some searching found a report on comfort class from toronto, was great review.

any from LAX.

thanks

Away from YYZ May 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Maybe we can use this thread for trip report for all of those lucky enough jumped on the deal over the weekend? :)

Let's see who get to fly first.. ;)

fnaime23 May 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ (Post 16402838)
Maybe we can use this thread for trip report for all of those lucky enough jumped on the deal over the weekend? :)

Let's see who get to fly first.. ;)

Great idea.^

Just wished I could have done it this weekend. too bad I can't fly it till late August. and I wanna know if its worth the extra 600$ or so from eco. which I was very pleased with for all of my 4 legs on Turkish between ORD and IST. my last trip from IST-ORD was on the new 777ER and the eco was still nice and comfy then again I'm 5'6" on a good day!

fnaime23 May 28, 2011 1:47 pm

hmmm no one took tried the flight.

Shareholder May 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by fadynaime (Post 16465700)
hmmm no one took tried the flight.

Not until the beginning of July for me.

fnaime23 Jun 6, 2011 2:39 pm

I know others are flying it before me. but I just booked it for end of August.

Pacha Jun 7, 2011 5:40 am

I flew yesterday.

Business Was Full, comfort about 30%.

they were offering upgrades from coach for EUR 200 (US$288), but it didn't seem like that many bought them (i for sure would have!).

Service was quite good for TK standards, meal also very nice.

TK hasn't loaded the june movies yet though....

All in all from someone that hasnt been on a longhaul flight in coach in over a decade - not too bad...slept for about 8-9 hours....

fnaime23 Jun 7, 2011 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Pacha (Post 16517785)
I flew yesterday.

Business Was Full, comfort about 30%.

they were offering upgrades from coach for EUR 200 (US$288), but it didn't seem like that many bought them (i for sure would have!).

Service was quite good for TK standards, meal also very nice.

TK hasn't loaded the june movies yet though....

All in all from someone that hasnt been on a longhaul flight in coach in over a decade - not too bad...slept for about 8-9 hours....

Pacha thats great to know. Thanks. my flight in August on comfort was 200$ more than eco (by shifting my dates by 2 days). so it was a no brainer to take it. I don't like the idea of offering an upgrade for 300$, I'm glad not a lot of people were taking it. :p

Pacha Jun 7, 2011 10:18 am

as is, I find the new config to be a mistake on the part of TK. in 4 longhaul sectors in the last few days, C was always 100%, where CC was not more than 20-40%.

yes, the product is new, but they have to be losing revenue from customers who would buy C but can't.........

I say take out 2-4 rows of CC and add 1-2 of Business.

just my 2c.......

fnaime23 Jun 7, 2011 12:09 pm

Its very interesting that the business class is full. Its not a cheap ticket, wonder if some of those are upgrades at the airport for a good deal, or miles upgrade.

Wonder how much revenue are they loosing or is not makign extra revenue, I haven't done a count but is there now less seats in eco? vs their ORD-IST flgiht.
I wonder how long will business class stay full like that on this route.

I'm just glad that I can skip ORD now and do direct LAX to IST with a 4 hour wait and get on my last leg of my trip for 1.5 hours to BEY.

Wonder if this plane is being used in the new your route and how full it is.

joorinainen Jun 8, 2011 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Pacha (Post 16519163)
as is, I find the new config to be a mistake on the part of TK. in 4 longhaul sectors in the last few days, C was always 100%, where CC was not more than 20-40%.

yes, the product is new, but they have to be losing revenue from customers who would buy C but can't.........

I say take out 2-4 rows of CC and add 1-2 of Business.

just my 2c.......

WAY too early to make assumptions whether the product is hit or miss. What has been total mistake and failure in behalf of TK is their marketing and implementation of this product. Even the most knowledgeable flyers don't know the routes or the timetables for these flights not to mention their frequent AC changes. What has struck me most that about 60% of the connecting airports at Europe hasn't been updated to TK's booking engine so one could actually book these Comfort-flights online. That is crazy and no wonder the planes are empty!

Drifter_BC Jun 8, 2011 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen (Post 16523955)
WAY too early to make assumptions whether the product is hit or miss. What has been total mistake and failure in behalf of TK is their marketing and implementation of this product. Even the most knowledgeable flyers don't know the routes or the timetables for these flights not to mention their frequent AC changes. What has struck me most that about 60% of the connecting airports at Europe hasn't been updated to TK's booking engine so one could actually book these Comfort-flights online. That is crazy and no wonder the planes are empty!

Agree almost totally. I was going to write pretty much the same thing having seen the thread...

I flew CC, CAN-IST as C class was full and the cabin only had 6 people. Even though the web site states the dates for which routes and flights CC is / will be offered, these change almost daily due to A/C changes...

I didn't find CC that much better than Y myself. Though there is more legroom and the seats look nice, it certainly wasn't any more comfortable in terms of getting any sleep. The selection of food is definitely better but that wouldn't be enough to convince me to shell out the extra bucks...

At this early stage I'm guessing that those who are unable get a seat in C class (paid or u/g), are opting for CC. But it would be no surprise if they start opting for Y instead after a while... I forecast that the decision to phase out CC will be taken quicker than FC was...

selo Jun 19, 2011 5:08 pm

One data point

Let me add just one observation. I flew TK 9 IST-LAX yesterday in C. There was one seat empty, next to me, and CC was nearly full also; Y was about 90% full. I hope the flight makes money since I live in Los Angeles and am Turkish.

The flight took 12:46 total so I guess the head winds were not very strong. Oh, and, the Turkish First Lady was in 1A (1B a female officer) and I was in 2B. Food and service were out of this world! After each meal, I was served Turkish coffee.

joorinainen Jun 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by selo (Post 16589940)
Let me add just one observation. I flew TK 9 IST-LAX yesterday in C. There was one seat empty, next to me, and CC was nearly full also; Y was about 90% full. I hope the flight makes money since I live in Los Angeles and am Turkish.

The flight took 12:46 total so I guess the head winds were not very strong. Oh, and, the Turkish First Lady was in 1A (1B a female officer) and I was in 2B. Food and service were out of this world! After each meal, I was served Turkish coffee.

Great to hear your experiences!

Shareholder Jul 5, 2011 9:26 pm

Just flew CC from IST-LAX and with the exception of the luggage screw up (priority bag container was improperly loaded at IST and was the last off the plane at LAX instead of first, we waited over an hour for these bags!) can report this was one of the most pleasant flying experiences I've had behind F or C/J. In many ways it was superior to my UA C experiences: cabin service, meals, seats, ambiance of the cabin. It helps having an empty seat beside you, but even if all seats are filled, I never felt cramped as I do in UA's new C seats.

The amenity kit has just the right functional items (comb/brush, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, lip balm, socks, eye shades, ear plugs), leg space more than adequate. Seat was for the most part comfortable, though found the leg rest a bit short. Lots of choice on the IFE, including some very interesting "foreign" films, i.e. non-Hollywood.

I did HKG-IST and IST-LAX in one jump but found myself refreshed and not at all uncomfortable after either the 10 hours flight from HKG or the 12 hour one to LAX. In October I have a somewhat more daunting MR doing the LAX turnaround, meaning four flights of 10+ hours consecutively! Hoping the new TK lounge at IST is open by then, though my Priority Pass got me into one of several lounges.