Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Clear" Security Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Not really silly because the biometrics are signed using some Public Key Cryptography that guarantees that it was put there by a trusted individual.
And it also means that Clear does not need to maintain a big database with everyone's fingerprint data. (i.e. one database for hackers to steal).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Janus
And it also means that Clear does not need to maintain a big database with everyone's fingerprint data. (i.e. one database for hackers to steal).
They have such a database, hopefully encrypted, since they can issue replacement cards at will.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FlashDance
They have such a database, hopefully encrypted, since they can issue replacement cards at will.
What is the process? I.e. are you required to "re-enroll" when you recieve the card? I'm wondering if the replacement card is blank, and not until it is used the first time at the airport does the biometric data get encoded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.