Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:48 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I disputed it with my CC and got my money back
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
I registered with Clear on November 1st and am still awaiting my card. Clear has been terrific in communicating with me but tell me the hold up continues with the TSA processing. It's hard to believe that 5 years after 9/11 they still don't have their act together. Does anyone have any similar experiences?
Interesting. Brill claimed in a press release a couple of weeks ago that everyone should have their cards in a couple of weeks. Sounds like he is madly dancing around. Four months is a long time. . .
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:19 pm

I want to emphasize, I do not view this as a Clear problem, it is with the TSA.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
I want to emphasize, I do not view this as a Clear problem, it is with the TSA.

Fair point.

However, your experience with CLEAR is directly in correlation with whatever the unaccountable TSA decides to do.

Steven Brill can ask or say whatever he wants to do. All the TSA has to say is "no" and Brill goes back into his corner in the fetal position.

On this board, the point of most people is this: CLEAR is simply a business is profiting over tragedy, and is the TSA's b*tch.

If you want to give you $100 annually and your permanently give your biometrics to The Government, step onto a treadmill that doesn't always work, still be subjected to secondary screening...with the only guarantee being the ability to cut in front of a few people in line -- more power to you.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL GM/CRC, AA Gold, UA Premier
Cancel It!!!!!!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:07 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by LessO2
Fair point.

However, your experience with CLEAR is directly in correlation with whatever the unaccountable TSA decides to do.

Steven Brill can ask or say whatever he wants to do. All the TSA has to say is "no" and Brill goes back into his corner in the fetal position.

On this board, the point of most people is this: CLEAR is simply a business is profiting over tragedy, and is the TSA's b*tch.

If you want to give you $100 annually and your permanently give your biometrics to The Government, step onto a treadmill that doesn't always work, still be subjected to secondary screening...with the only guarantee being the ability to cut in front of a few people in line -- more power to you.
It has turned into a glorified cut the line pass for $80 (what I paid). They have recently been stripped of all the security benefits by the TSA I guess. What they advertise is now a fraud - but for me, it's still worth the $80 a year at MCO to cut the line so I don't stand behind 4 - 747's of people most afternoons.

And BTW, what exactly is "the government" going to do with your biometrics anyway? It is the year 2007 - come out of your nuclear bunker and realize that what "the government" wants to know about you - they will find a way to get......
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allergictocoach
And BTW, what exactly is "the government" going to do with your biometrics anyway? It is the year 2007 - come out of your nuclear bunker and realize that what "the government" wants to know about you - they will find a way to get......

I get out of my bunker/fallout shelter when I realize that the amount of food I kept for Y2K is running low. Also, I'm on the hunt for some new wrap for my tinfoil hat.

And when I get out, I see stories about the government losing personal data. Which seems to happen with regularity.

I let the Canadians have my information, mostly because I trust them. Also, I know the $50 I spend a year with them does not line the pockets of some ....... who tries to cash in on the result of 3,000 dead people.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:08 pm

[QUOTE=LessO2;7212381]I get out of my bunker/fallout shelter when I realize that the amount of food I kept for Y2K is running low. Also, I'm on the hunt for some new wrap for my tinfoil hat.

And when I get out, I see stories about the government losing personal data. Which seems to happen with regularity.

But what would anyone want with your fingerprint and eye scan? Most crooks don't want to clone you or recreate your fingerprint, they don't need to in order to steal your identity. I might be more worried about the airline getting your CC# stolen ....

I let the Canadians have my information, mostly because I trust them. Also, I know the $50 I spend a year with them does not line the pockets of some ....... who tries to cash in on the result of 3,000 dead people.

Are all the TSA workers guilty of cashing in on 3,000 dead people as well? I mean they reallydid get their jobs as a result of 9/11 seeing as how there was no such pink elephant as the TSA prior.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But what would anyone want with your fingerprint and eye scan? Most crooks don't want to clone you or recreate your fingerprint, they don't need to in order to steal your identity. I might be more worried about the airline getting your CC# stolen
When they did your background check, did they collect your social security number? Thieves tend to use that a little.

Are all the TSA workers guilty of cashing in on 3,000 dead people as well? I mean they reallydid get their jobs as a result of 9/11 seeing as how there was no such pink elephant as the TSA prior.
No, not directly. The TSA overall is a PR show. Yes, the government should be ashamed for such a ridiculous reaction.

We have had five years of this bureaucratic bungle. If security was actually improved, I would feel to the contrary.

As for TSAers personally, they are not responsible for the agency's inepti....er, inception.

However, I could never do a job that came about of the result of such a tragedy.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LessO2
When they did your background check, did they collect your social security number? Thieves tend to use that a little.
I don't think the TSA/DHS qualifies as an exemption from the Privacy Act of 1974. If they needed it, after the fact, I think it is a given that they -could- obtain any SSN should they so desire.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like Brill is blaming TSA and TSA is saying not our fault.

I think Registered Traveler is going to cost Brill a lot before it goes down.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
My favorite quote from the article linked to in the previous post:
Meanwhile, technology deployed at the Orlando, Fla., airport that would allow passengers to keep their shoes on as they pass through security can't distinguish between metal in shoes from metal that might be used in explosives.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
My favorite quote from the article linked to in the previous post:

It makes sense, since they still can't tell water from an explosive.

Just as long as they smile at Ma and Pa Kettle and say 'thank you' -- anything for "security," y'know.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Didn't put in for it myself and nor do I have any intention to.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
My experience differs from yours. I signed up about 4 weeks ago and received my card last week, in time to try it out last Sunday for the first time at JFK (United terminal). The process was smooth, but new, for both the Clear folks and the TSA agents, but it was basically a breeze.

I didn't pay for my membership, as I took advantage of the Hyatt Diamond offer early on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.