Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligible Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) members can now complete enrollment interviews with a CBP officer through video teleconferencing, while ensuring that the remote interview process maintains high security and privacy standards.

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the Scheduling Your Remote Interview link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the Edit Profile link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.

Technology Requirements

CBP will use Zoom for government videoconferencing software to conduct the remote interviews. Applicants should ensure that their computer, tablet, or smartphone has a working microphone and camera, and that their device is capable of running the Zoom platform prior to scheduling their interview appointment.

Document Requirements

Applicants who schedule remote interviews will be able to access a virtual waiting room up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time through their TTP dashboard or the CBP OneTM Mobile Application, available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes. Applicants should be prepared to show the following documents during their remote interview:
  • A valid passport. Applicants should bring all of their current passports to the interview so the information can be added to their file.
  • Documents providing proof of residency. Such proof may include a driver's license, mortgage statement, rental payment statement, or utility bill that features the applicants current home address.
  • A permanent residence card (if applicable).
Print Wikipost

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:15 pm

Has anyone done the virtual interviews recently? What has been the experience like?

my renewal application is conditionally approved awaiting interview. I was given the option to do in person interview or zoom virtual interview.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Commie
Has anyone done the virtual interviews recently? What has been the experience like?

my renewal application is conditionally approved awaiting interview. I was given the option to do in person interview or zoom virtual interview.
Do you see availability for Zoom interviews? The option is there but there are zero availability for NEXUS.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Do you see availability for Zoom interviews? The option is there but there are zero availability for NEXUS.
Title of this thread: "Remote Interviews Trial Phase for Global Entry [not yet available for NEXUS]"

I'd guess that there is no appetite for Nexus remote interviews, because then no one would go for Global Entry as Nexus is cheaper. Requiring in-person at least limits them to (mostly) people in Canada, frequent travelers to Canada, or people near the border.
capedreamer likes this.

Last edited by md125; Jun 6, 2022 at 10:39 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by md125
Title of this thread: "Remote Interviews Trial Phase for Global Entry [not yet available for NEXUS]"

I'd guess that there is no appetite for Nexus remote interviews, because then no one would go for Global Entry as Nexus is cheaper. Requiring in-person at least limits them to (mostly) people in Canada, frequent travelers to Canada, or people near the border.
Ohhh this is a smart take! I can see it being true (or true-adjacent).
md125 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:52 am

I had a virtual GE appointment scheduled yesterday afternoon. I got a zoomgov.com link, connected to the room, and the officer never showed up. I kept it open all day and even through the night. I came back to just see the "Waiting for host to start the meeting." Of course, I've double-triple-quadruple checked that it was the right day, time, and timezone. My application still shows Conditionally Approved, just like it was after I scheduled the appointment.

What do I do now?

Edit: I called the TTP center and after over 1 hour wait, I got to someone who said that even though it wasn't my fault, there is nothing they can do. I asked for a manager and they said the same thing. Pathetic.

Last edited by YourSimulation; Jun 27, 2022 at 8:46 am
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by YourSimulation
I had a virtual GE appointment scheduled yesterday afternoon. I got a zoomgov.com link, connected to the room, and the officer never showed up. I kept it open all day and even through the night. I came back to just see the "Waiting for host to start the meeting." Of course, I've double-triple-quadruple checked that it was the right day, time, and timezone. My application still shows Conditionally Approved, just like it was after I scheduled the appointment.

What do I do now?

Edit: I called the TTP center and after over 1 hour wait, I got to someone who said that even though it wasn't my fault, there is nothing they can do. I asked for a manager and they said the same thing. Pathetic.
Just curious - I'm in the same situation. I've noticed that now that the interview has passed, when I attempt to reschedule, there are never any available remote interview times. Their support has told me for months just to keep looking but nothing ever changes. 0 availability.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by kennmac
Just curious - I'm in the same situation. I've noticed that now that the interview has passed, when I attempt to reschedule, there are never any available remote interview times. Their support has told me for months just to keep looking but nothing ever changes. 0 availability.
Same here. Nothing ever changes.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by kennmac
Same thing has also happened to me. Now I cannot select a remote interview.

I'm curious what happens if you click "Cancel Interview". The pop up makes me too nervous to try "Cancellation of the interview appointment without rescheduling within the time frame allowed will result in automatic cancellation of the application. Consider rescheduling the interview instead of cancelling." I'm not sure if the timeframe is the ~700 days an application is good for or some other time frame.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:55 pm

Zoom interviews available now

There's a small handful of same-day zoom interviews available to select now - I've just bagged one in a few hours' time.

BIt short notice, but hopefully it'll help anyone who's subscribed to this thread and might get an alert.
rupertpupkin5252 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I am seemingly no longer able to even look up an available remote Zoom interview anymore. I have never had an interview scheduled for my conditionally approved renewal. When I click the Schedule Interview button, I only see a screen that allows me to select a location. Previously I was able to try to select a remote interview, but there were never any slots available.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has anyone got a remote interview? Have been checking for the past few days and nothing seems to be available even in 2024. Sad part is we just finished an international trip and could have done the interview on arrival.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Some options just opened up for next week.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Wife has CA, zero availability at ORD or Chicago location. First timer coming off precheck. Is a zoom interview an option? If so how do I make that happen?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Wife has CA, zero availability at ORD or Chicago location. First timer coming off precheck. Is a zoom interview an option? If so how do I make that happen?
If applicant never has GE/NEXUS/SENTRI/FAST before, unlikely a remote option will be available. Does the link to remote interview even show up?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by seawolf
If applicant never has GE/NEXUS/SENTRI/FAST before, unlikely a remote option will be available. Does the link to remote interview even show up?
thanks, I did not see the link on the page used to search for in person interview availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.