Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:36 pm

Applied 7/22
Conditionally approved 7/27
Appointment scheduled at EWR (earliest weekday was 8/1 and earliest weekend was 8/17)
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: US Air Chairman's, UA Gold, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
Hello everyone

Finally got approval

Applied 6/21
Conditionally Approved 7/21
Interview 7/23 at IAD
Approved 4 hours later
Received card today 7/27
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
IIRC it is only open a couple of days a week.
Thanks! (Would be helpful if CBP published those days/hours somewhere!)
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:26 pm

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what purpose does the plastic ID card serve that was mailed to me a week or so after my Global Entry application was approved during the airport interview?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by TTT103
Pardon me for my ignorance, but what purpose does the plastic ID card serve that was mailed to me a week or so after my Global Entry application was approved during the airport interview?
1. Proof of membership in the GE program.
2. TSA-recognized ID.
3. Proof of eligibility of using the PreCheck line despite lack of airline status.
4. Acceptable ID at land border crossings into the USA, especially using the much shorter SENTRI lane walking back from Mexico. (No good for using NEXUS into Canada, or driving back from Mexico through the SENTRI lane unless you register your car.)

Someone may be able to add more.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
2. TSA-recognized ID.
3. Proof of eligibility of using the PreCheck line despite lack of airline status.
4. Acceptable ID at land border crossings into the USA, especially using the much shorter SENTRI lane walking back from Mexico. (No good for using NEXUS into Canada, or driving back from Mexico through the SENTRI lane unless you register your car.)

5. Proof of GE membership for expedited processing in New Zealand.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
How long did it take to receive email after fingerprinting?

When I signed up several years ago, the "final approval" email was sent out within 10-20 minutes after the appointment.

My wife got fingerprinted in Bowling Green last Friday. Still no email; website still stated conditional. Just fingerprinted my 4-year old at JFK 4 hours ago. Still no email; website still stated conditional.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
2. TSA-recognized ID.

HK and 149:

Thank you for the explanations. I was a bit confused as to its purpose, and couldn't locate much information on it.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by seawolf

When I signed up several years ago, the "final approval" email was sent out within 10-20 minutes after the appointment.

My wife got fingerprinted in Bowling Green last Friday. Still no email; website still stated conditional. Just fingerprinted my 4-year old at JFK 4 hours ago. Still no email; website still stated conditional.
I personally interviewed at San Ysidro on a Friday two weeks ago now and heard back on my approval through GOES a few days later this past Tuesday, with my card arriving this past Friday.

I was pretty nervous that I was hung up somehow after hearing about everybody's "approved before I got back to my car" stories but it sounds like in some instances now there's additional backlog before GOES catches up. CBP put their sticker on my passport (inside the back cover, oddly enough) and it sounded like I had the go-ahead on the way out the door from everybody I talked to, but I guess the system is just slower on the back end now.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
JFK and Bowling Green both indicated they don't attached CBP stickers on the passport anymore.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
JFK and Bowling Green both indicated they don't attached CBP stickers on the passport anymore.
No one does anymore. I didn't receive one, and I've been told by many that it has been phased out for a while now, and any stickers that may still be doled are from CBP agents trying to clear stock.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by supraphonic
I personally interviewed at San Ysidro on a Friday two weeks ago now and heard back on my approval through GOES a few days later this past Tuesday, with my card arriving this past Friday.

I was pretty nervous that I was hung up somehow after hearing about everybody's "approved before I got back to my car" stories but it sounds like in some instances now there's additional backlog before GOES catches up. CBP put their sticker on my passport (inside the back cover, oddly enough) and it sounded like I had the go-ahead on the way out the door from everybody I talked to, but I guess the system is just slower on the back end now.
We have appointments there next Monday at 3:00 pm.
How long did the interview take?
Google mapped how to get to the address.
Any advice for finding where the interview rooms are?

Thanks, cb
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I finalised my GE 10 days ago or so and used it for the first time in MIA (game changing experience, wow, thank you to everyone working on it!!!). Interestingly, my final approval said i would not be receiving a GE card, i think because i am not a us citizen. understand tsa-pre will not attach either as i am not a us citizen, yet it did when i was plat with AA, now fly under ba number so no TSA-Pre for me. No worries, GE is the game changer for me and US security - they keep you moving!!

For the chap/chapette asking up thread about if you need a new passport scanned - yes, just drop in and they will re-scan that passport (as the system is based on the actual passport for scanning).
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How can you check website every two hours? The only options I see are "cancel appointment" or "reschedule appointment" and I don't want to lose my original time slot (not that's it's great, but we have 2 at the same time).
When you click on reschedule, it doesn't cancel until you confirm, so you can keep searching every hour or so.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:12 pm

Final Approval notifications are backlogged

We interviewed July 22 in SEA.
48 hrs later, called Seattle GE office, wouldn't look up PASSID's. "It's taking awhile to get fingerprints back, and our paperwork's backed up."

1 week later, called again in polite voice: "I believe we were approved by the end of the interview, but would appreciate it if you could look up our PASSID #'s since the GOES status hasn't changed in a week." The officer said they were backlogged in processing notifications, but looked up our #'s and said we were both approved.

15 minutes later, received GOES e-mails, (Final) Approval Notifications received.

Don't know if the GOES status is tied to actual approval status, i.e., Could we have used GE kiosks after the interview's verbal approval, but before the GOES system was updated to show approval notification?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.