FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:49 pm
supraphonic

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by seawolf
How long did it take to receive email after fingerprinting?

When I signed up several years ago, the "final approval" email was sent out within 10-20 minutes after the appointment.

My wife got fingerprinted in Bowling Green last Friday. Still no email; website still stated conditional. Just fingerprinted my 4-year old at JFK 4 hours ago. Still no email; website still stated conditional.
I personally interviewed at San Ysidro on a Friday two weeks ago now and heard back on my approval through GOES a few days later this past Tuesday, with my card arriving this past Friday.

I was pretty nervous that I was hung up somehow after hearing about everybody's "approved before I got back to my car" stories but it sounds like in some instances now there's additional backlog before GOES catches up. CBP put their sticker on my passport (inside the back cover, oddly enough) and it sounded like I had the go-ahead on the way out the door from everybody I talked to, but I guess the system is just slower on the back end now.