Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by Kingston
And to freak out hotel check-in clerks in small town hotels.
And avid readers of the Left Behind series who may assume you're a staff member of the Global Community.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Randyk47
I submitted my on-line application yesterday (6 August) so we'll see. I don't have any arrests, not even a minor traffic ticket, so that's not an issue. We have travelled OCONUS extensively in the past five years so that was quite a list but none of the countries are on any watch list that I'm aware of right now. Other than that I can't think of any potential red flags. Paid using a credit card but haven't checked to see if that's been processed.
UPDATE: Received my Conditional Approval Notification this morning (9 August) so that was pretty fast. Tried to schedule an appointment but right now the system is saying there are no available appointments at SAT. Guess I'll call the listed number and see if I can get an appointment or if I can hang around and do a walk-in. According to the GOES website the SAT office is only open 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM Monday through Friday so not much I can do until Monday morning. The whole reason I went with Global Entry rather than PreCheck was that there was no local PreCheck enrollment office so the notion of setting an appointment at another Global Entry office makes no sense. I have no pending travel where I could use another office. ANOTHER UPDATE: Logged on this morning (11 August) to the GOES site and checked to see if by chance appointments had become available. To my surprise, and a bit to my dismay, two slots had become available for 20 August. Took the 6:15 PM slot but will keep watching for a better day and time. ONE MORE UPDATE: This morning a whole day of Saturday appointments became available so I moved up to 16 August at 11 AM. INTERVIEW: For what it was worth I had my interview Saturday morning. I use the word "interview" loosely as it really was the agent asking for my passport but nothing else. He did read my address back to me from his computer screen for me to verbally verify. Next was my picture and finger print scan and I was out of there. Took a whole five minutes. According to agent I should receive my GE card in the next week or two but supposedly can start using my KTN immediately.

Last edited by Randyk47; Aug 18, 2014 at 7:39 am
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA CK Hilton Diamond
My son recently got his GE:
App submitted: 8/1/14 Friday
Conditional Approval: 8/4/14 Monday
Interview at DFW: 8/8/14 Friday
Approved:8/8/14

It took several checks on interview dates to move it up from October but in the end he got it done in a week.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Working fine here in S FL for me and my wife:

App submitted: 8/7/14 (Th)
Conditional Approval: 8/10/14 (Sun)
Interview at MIA scheduled for 8/17 (they had earlier, like later today or tomorrow earlier, but we needed a weekend - FLL was packed solid on weekends for a month)
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:36 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by mkt
Applied Tuesday 5 August
Conditionally Approved today 8 August
Appointment scheduled for Monday 11 August

That's definitely one of the best things about having SJU as my home airport. Every day had a TON of availability.
Applied Tuesday 5 August
Conditionally Approved Friday 8 August
Appointment scheduled for Monday 11 August @ SJU
Approved on Monday 11 August

And this was quite possibly the most pleasant experience I've ever had with any federal employee EVER.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by mkt
Applied Tuesday 5 August
Conditionally Approved Friday 8 August
Appointment scheduled for Monday 11 August @ SJU
Approved on Monday 11 August

And this was quite possibly the most pleasant experience I've ever had with any federal employee EVER.
LOL, you are going to enjoy GE, make sure to update all your FF profiles with the KTN, it will give you TSA PRE. Enjoy.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tricky76
Newbie here...I applied on 7/31, paid via bank acct, funds were taken out 8/1, and I am still showing Pending Review. I have two DWI's from 97 and 01. Dont drink anymore, and said as much in my application. Soooo, anyone have thoughts on the hold up here. I should have paid with credit card...it seems using my bank acct might be cause for some delay, but the money was taken out the very next day. And if they were going to ding me for the DWI's, why the delay?
UPDATE: applied 7/31 conditionally approved 8/10 appts wide open for me at JFK, just applied for the wife so I will wait for her conditional approval so we can get interviews at similar times
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:28 am

App submitted: 7/21/14
Conditional Approval: 7/24/14
Interview at SFO: 8/10/14
Approved: 8/10/14
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:39 am
mkt

Originally Posted by arollins
LOL, you are going to enjoy GE, make sure to update all your FF profiles with the KTN, it will give you TSA PRE. Enjoy.
I hope it helps me with every s!!t experience I've had at MIA over the years.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:05 pm

Girlfriend
App submitted: 8/03/14
Conditional Approval: 8/05/14
Interview at LAS: 8/12/14
Approved: 8/12/14
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just a FYI for those trying to get an interview and having problems finding one. The quickest/easiest to get an interview is at those airports where the enrollment center is on the airside. ie such as at IAH Term E. It's easy and quick since you must have a flight to make it through security, thus not everyone can get to it. I live in SAT, and the next appointment when I applied was 8 months away. I was able to schedule my interview at IAH Term E the very next day. I simply schedule a little extra time for my connection and swung by. Not all airports have their GE enrollment center airside, but those that do will show on the list as needing to clear security/need a BP to access.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:44 am
mkt

Or airports not attached to population or business centers - like my home airport, SJU.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I had my GE interview today at IAD on my way to SYD and have already received approval. The approval email says I need the GE card, is this correct if I don't have a US passport? I'm coming back from SYD next week.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by rosesplus
I had my GE interview today at IAD on my way to SYD and have already received approval. The approval email says I need the GE card, is this correct if I don't have a US passport? I'm coming back from SYD next week.
No..GE is tied to your passport you registered with GE . When you applied and when you interviewed they already used and scanned your passport...
I assume since you said you did not have your US passport you used your Australian or your country of residence one to register.
The approval letter should say you may immediately use the kiosk,and your card is on it's way
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by mkt
I hope it helps me with every s!!t experience I've had at MIA over the years.
Oh it certainly will, but more at immigration. I have been known to be off a flight from gcm and sitting at shulas with a beer at the advertised arrival time to mia....GE - more drinking time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.