Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:45 pm

cheltzel- you were right, I checked my reservation and I was able to edit my traveler information to include this. United did not tell me this and I did ask. Great now when my husband gets his interview 7/10 ( unless he snaggs a sooner date) I will know all the places to put this number in.

Virginia
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by skiladyldp
cheltzel- you were right, I checked my reservation and I was able to edit my traveler information to include this. United did not tell me this and I did ask. Great now when my husband gets his interview 7/10 ( unless he snaggs a sooner date) I will know all the places to put this number in.

Virginia
If you already have existing reservations prior to receiving your KTN, you will need to call UA reservations and ask them to add your KTN to any existing reservation you have. Adding it to your UA profile will only work for new ticket purchases after updating.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rs-2016-a.html
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:03 pm

pseudoswede-thank you for your information. I did call them and asked them to update my profile and my existing reservations. They only updated my profile but I went into my existing reservations and put it in myself. When I call them to update my husband's profile I plan on double checking. Once I put it in my upcoming reservation, I could see that it showed up on my United reservation-outbound and also automatically showed up on my return with SAS.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by skiladyldp
pseudoswede-thank you for your information. I did call them and asked them to update my profile and my existing reservations. They only updated my profile but I went into my existing reservations and put it in myself. When I call them to update my husband's profile I plan on double checking. Once I put it in my upcoming reservation, I could see that it showed up on my United reservation-outbound and also automatically showed up on my return with SAS.
I know this is my total paranoia talking, but If you have not checked your profile, I would check to make sure the KTN/Pass ID was added there as well.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by kecabe
Applied: 5/17 @ ~4:00pm
Conditional Approval: 6/2 @ 2:19pm
Interview: 7/29 at JFK (but I'm hoping to move up and get one at Bowling Green or an earlier JFK).

ETA: anyone ever manage to get an earlier Bowling Green appointment? The JFK calendar already seems much more fluid - I'm already up to 7/11
congrats, you're the first reported 5/17 applicant to get system conditional approval.

I'm next! (5/18)
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:08 pm

Hoping the momentum continues

Originally Posted by mdosu
congrats, you're the first reported 5/17 applicant to get system conditional approval.

I'm next! (5/18)
I am also 5/18
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:26 pm

Hi - I signed up on 5/17 at approx 8 PM CST.

I live in a state that doesn't have a Global Entry office. I had received a travel newsletter that a local TA is hosting a global entry interview site for 5 days next week and that the cutoff to sign up was on 5/18. I signed up that night when I could grab my passport.

I am still pending. I did call yesterday to the travel agency and there are still a few slots open for interviews. I am hoping I get conditionally approved by tomorrow and can interview next week when they are in my city.

It seemed like when I signed up, people were getting approved in 7-8 days and then no approvals last week.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:40 pm

5/16 - Applied

6/2 Approved

Lots of international living in the past 5 years. Travel to middle east.

I never got an email. Logged in a few minutes ago and saw I was approved.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:56 pm

I applied for both my wife & myself just around the same time. I have scheduled an appointment for her some time in the tail end of july. Hopefully something earlier will show up and I can reschedule her.

Wife & my application Submission : 5/18/2016 2100(Eastern)
Conditional approval Granted : 6/2/2016 1712(Eastern)

I am still pending

Last edited by gundan; Jun 2, 2016 at 8:00 pm Reason: Minor Edits
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA
Interesting story out of PHX...

In any case, I wonder how this will affect PHX wait times now.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by gundan
I applied for both my wife & myself just around the same time. I have scheduled an appointment for her some time in the tail end of july. Hopefully something earlier will show up and I can reschedule her.

Wife & my application Submission : 5/18/2016 2100(Eastern)
Conditional approval Granted : 6/2/2016 1712(Eastern)

I am still pending
Nice! First 5/18 applicant to get conditional approval! I am also 5/18^
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:05 am

cheltzel- I did check it too because I don't trust the airlines to do it. Thank you for your response.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RC Cruiser
Did you get your conditional approval yet? I finally got through by phone yesterday morning and was told to give it another month and that if I didn't hear anything that would be a red flag. I asked what that meant, he didn't comment. I asked what do I do or who do I contact if I am still pending review after another month. He told me to call back the same number. I asked what could he do --was there someone or someplace specific to contact he said he didn't know where the applications were processed and there is really nothing his office knows or can do. I asked what the point would be in calling back this same number a month from now and he said they could "send it up for review." I asked why he couldn't do that now and he said that applications were taking 6 to 8 weeks now. I informed him that other people were still getting conditional approval within a two week time frame -- he said he did not know why some apps are processed more quickly than others. I asked if there was a chance that my application was "lost in the system." He said he did not know. All in all, it was a waste of time calling them. Please let me know if you get conditional approval or what steps you were told to take if you are still pending review.

Pending review since April 17th.
Yes, today! (My original application was March 28th).

The first time I called them they said to give it a bit more time - they said two more weeks. I waited three weeks and called them again. The person I spoke to told me that they were still waiting for the results of my UK background check.

The thing is, the UK background check has to be completed - and passed - before UK citizens are eligible to apply for GOES (when it is passed, you are issued with a code that can "unlock" the application process to start filling it in). My UK background check was completed overnight March 27th - March 28th, hence my application on March 28th. I explained this to the GOES helpdesk person and he told me that the US application system uses that code to access the UK background check for review. For some reason, in my case, the code wasn't linking to my background check so they couldn't review my application. His opinion was that it was an admin error at the UK end, and that I should raise a concern with the UK office.

The UK system is IN BETA. So frustrating. There is no telephone number, just an email address. The first reply was generic and really not helpful. I wrote again asking to whom my written complaint should be addressed to, since the GOES helpdesk were very clear that this was an admin error at the UK end (and I had to pay a separate UK admin fee, which is no problem, but if paying a fee I would expect admin errors to be addressed specifically). 48 hours later the application was conditionally approved and I have scheduled an interview.

I'm not sure what I can advise about chasing along an application where all the admin is on the same side of the Atlantic, but the second person I spoke to - who was ultimately very helpful - was clearly keen to get onto the next caller and didn't want to look up my application. Once he took my application ID and did a security check (asked me to confirm some of my details) his advice became much more specific. If you are not sure whether or not they actually pulled your application to look at while you were on the phone I would say it's worth another call in a couple of weeks - so you can insist it can go "up for review" if necessary, and so you can be certain that they actually looked at your file.

I'm not sure whether those details will be helpful in any way, but I really hope your application gets sorted soon.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
First-time applicant

Applied: 5/17/2016 7:30pm CDT
Conditionally Approved: 6/3/2016 12pm CDT
Interview: IAH on 7/5/2016

Last edited by 2oo3; Jun 3, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by PhiloFlyer
5/16 - Applied

6/2 Approved

Lots of international living in the past 5 years. Travel to middle east.

I never got an email. Logged in a few minutes ago and saw I was approved.
Found my email in the yahoo spam folder!!

Was your application an original or renewal? Was it a straight Approved or a Conditional Approval?

ps mine was a renewal application and got a conditional approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.