Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I enrolled on the 23rd of May, and on the 13th I received my conditional approval. I used to check it once a day because I had a trip the week after I first enrolled and hoped to be able to a.) kill two birds with one stone by arriving early the day of my departure and interviewing at the airport (since it's about an hour drive each way just to go to SLC for the interview) and b.) be able to use it on my return leg (it was an international trip.

Alas, I was't approved before I left on the 29th so I stopped checking once per day (the website suggested checking every few days, so I checked once or twice on the trip, in the event I could schedule an interview during my 3 hour ATL layover or when I arrived back home). On the 13th of June I got a new email from GOES and the subject was "Account Status Change." I didn't even read the message, and went straight to my profile and saw the conditional approval and scheduled an appointment for a week later when I would be up in Salt Lake anyway. I stopped checking it all the time, and (relatively) the time passed by. I guess it's like when you counted down the days until Christmas, only making the days go by slower. The do send you an email pretty instantaneously (my "Account Status Change" email after I got approved in the interview arrived in my inbox before I could even walk across the street to the parking lot), and the only reason to check every day or two is in the unlikely even that your spam filter quarantines the email.
Oddly enough, I got the email just a few minutes ago! Conditionally approved.
The website makes it seem like you won't get an email notification regarding the status and that you MUST login an check yourself.
Applied 6/3, approved /27. Now to make an appointment.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by met152
Oddly enough, I got the email just a few minutes ago! Conditionally approved.
The website makes it seem like you won't get an email notification regarding the status and that you MUST login an check yourself.
Applied 6/3, approved /27. Now to make an appointment.
Exact same thoughts. Since I didn't get approval before heading out on an international trip, meaning no chance to use GE on the return, I only checked it once or twice while I was gone (but I got lucky because when we landed at JFK at 5:00 AM there was literally nobody in the customs hall ). But a week after arriving I got the email and made an appointment immediately. Even though my next trip isn't until the middle of July, I still wanted to get it in hopes of using precheck. What surprised me was how booked up the schedule already was; that's when I started checking several times per day. Since you can change your appointment as many times as you want (unless within 24 hours of the appt), I just picked a slot a few weeks out and then checked back once or twice until a better time opened up (like when you check the seatmap on a flight hoping elites get upgraded or rebook, opening up seats). I was able to move my appointment up from two weeks after my conditional approval to only a few days.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 3:57 pm

22 Days and still waiting for conditional approval. Maybe I shouldn't have sent those nasty comments about the obnoxious TSA screeners in SAC to the Customers Service Center a few months ago!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:39 am

signed up 6/3 and just got conditional approval this morning 6/28.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by jes999
22 Days and still waiting for conditional approval. Maybe I shouldn't have sent those nasty comments about the obnoxious TSA screeners in SAC to the Customers Service Center a few months ago!
Got approval this morning. 24 days. Appointments are available in Phoenix starting on July 9 (less than two weeks out) so that is encouraging!^
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:49 pm

Applied on 6/3 and still waiting. Could it be because I am a green card holder and not a citizen ? Is there a time frame after which I should call the cbp ?

Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by mch001
Applied on 6/3 and still waiting. Could it be because I am a green card holder and not a citizen ? Is there a time frame after which I should call the cbp ?

Thanks.
I bet you will get it any day now. When I applied some people got theory's earlier than me and it was frustrating. I bet you will have yours within the next week.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by holbie18
I bet you will get it any day now. When I applied some people got theory's earlier than me and it was frustrating. I bet you will have yours within the next week.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by mch001

Thanks.
I don't think being a perm. res. has anything to do with the speed. I am too, and I got approved in 3 weeks and 2 days, and I was one of two people who got approved on the spot after the interview. In all logic, you're in advantage to be on a green card, as your fingerprints are in the system and you've undergone so many background checks.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I enrolled on the 23rd of May, and on the 13th I received my conditional approval. I used to check it once a day because I had a trip the week after I first enrolled and hoped to be able to a.) kill two birds with one stone by arriving early the day of my departure and interviewing at the airport (since it's about an hour drive each way just to go to SLC for the interview) and b.) be able to use it on my return leg (it was an international trip.

On the 13th of June I got a new email from GOES and the subject was "Account Status Change."
Just wanted to update on the whole process.

23 May: Enrolled online
13 June: Received conditional approval
21 June: Confirmed approval at interview
29 June: Received GE card in the mail

I was told by the CBP officer that my card would be issued and arrive in 3-4 weeks. However, I got it exactly a week after my approval. Also, it was sent from the SLC office, so I'm going to assume they send it from where you interviewed (i.e. if you live fairly close to your place of interview, you should receive it quickly; if you interviewed on a trip or a layover, it could take considerable longer, so keep that in mind if you're hoping to use the GE card to cross the border).

p.s. I looked through the letter, and there was this cute little envelope with instructions to "Keep the card in its protective sleeve at all times unless presenting it at the border. This will help prevent the RFID chip from being read by an unauthorized reader." Because apparently it has "sensitive electronics" inside the card. To me it seemed more comical than anything, since my credit/debit cards have those technologies built-in). I don't actually think I'll be using the GE card itself any time soon (or ever, for that matter). But is this something I should be more concerned about?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:56 pm

Approval Time for GOES

How long is the approval time for Global Entry these days?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by jasonwebb2006
How long is the approval time for Global Entry these days?
It seems like most of us are/have experienced 3-4 weeks wait time.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:25 pm

I have my appointment at the 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue (Reagan Building). That's a fairly big building (even for me as I've visited several times for other reasons). Can anyone provide any info on the exact location of the CBP Office. Enter off 14th Street? Or, off Penn (crossing over from Freedom Plaza and behind DC City Hall)? Any details appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention (edit reply button not working). Signed up on 7 June 2013. No issues with application. Received notice today, 1 July 2013. Appointments available at the aforesaid 1300 Penn as early as 2 July.

As an aside, did it b/c of Amex Plat program that reimburses the fee. And, that worked without a hitch as well.

Win/win in my book. Wife and kids (age 5 and 2) next.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:27 pm

UPDATE
Applied 6/7/13
Conditional Approval 7/1/13

First available appointment at LAX is August 27th. I have an upcoming flight that connects in DTW on July 5th with a 2 hour layover. Flying Delta so will have to take the shuttle to the North Terminal. Can anyone advise if 2 hours is doable to get a walk-in appointment at DTW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.