Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy

CBP offers online support for various questions. From the website:

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.

Technical Problems?

If you are reporting a technical problem with the Trusted Traveler Programs website, please provide as much information as possible about the problem you are experiencing, including:
  • Your Login.gov email address or Membership Number/PASSID
  • The screen name that you were accessing when the problem occurred
  • The error message text
  • Screen print images would also be helpful.
Print Wikipost

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:30 pm

Update to previous list of significant changes in app procedures | GOES → TTP

Previously, it seemed that one of the changes that took place with the transition from GOES to TTP was that the 120 day limit for using the interview scheduling tool to first select an appointment date had been eliminated.

(This was based on the removal of discussion about the 120 day limit from the CBP website and the lack of mention in the new TTP FAQ, while information about a separate 365 day total limit was added.)

However, it is now clear that the 365 day total limit in which you must complete your GE, NEXUS, or SENTRI interview from conditional approval is in addition to the 120 day limit, not a substitute for it.

From the TTP Dashboard notice for Conditional Approval:

"Schedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you do not select an appointment date by [120 days from date of conditional approval], your application will be deleted from the system. You will be required to resubmit your application and pay the application fee again."

The TTP FAQ and the CBP website INFO/help section still do not have any mention of the 120 day limit, only the 365 day limit. Now that we know that the 120 day limit is still in effect, I hope it gets added back soon into the user documentation.

It seems that some of the changes in the help documents during the GOES - TTP switchover were not entirely well-thought out.

As we saw elsewhere in this thread, the operational and data problems with the transition seem to show that the planning was not as thorough as it could have been. So I wonder whether management gave sufficient advance notice to the staff to properly plan this process.

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Heads up! There have been some changes in the procedures and expectations for Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI applications and interviews with the switchover from GOES to TTP.

These changes are highlighted in several answers on the Frequently Asked Questions list on the TTP website and on the CBP website INFO section. A couple of the answers are significantly different than the previous answers on the retired GOES website, and a couple of them were not addressed at all on the GOES website (but generated a lot of discussion on FT).

Differences:

* Timeframe for application / interview

Under GOES, the interview scheduling tool had to be used within 120 days of conditional approval. (The interview itself could be up to another six months after that date, and the interview could be continuously re-scheduled -- apparently with no final cut-off, and even the 120 days for initial scheduling could be overriden.)

Under TTP, the 120 day limit for first picking an interview date appears to have been eliminated. However, there is now a maximum cut-off of 365 days for actually interviewing (and providing follow-up documentation?), once conditional approval is given: "You must complete enrollment within 365 days of receiving your conditional approval. Not scheduling and completing the interview will result in cancelation of the application and no refunds will be granted."

* Passports to bring to interview

Under GOES, Global Entry and Nexus applicants were only told to bring "Passport" to the interview, along with proof of residential address and the conditional approval letter.

Under TTP, they are instead told in the FAQ: "A valid passport. If you travel with more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information may be added to your file."

(While this advice reflects the reality of the interview better than the old advice, it still doesn't go far enough. We know from on-the-ground reports that CBP/CBSA officers actually expect applicants to bring any valid passport that has been issued to them, not just those that are "traveled with" -- and that applicants with apparent dual citizenships (being born in another country) will be questioned about non-existent passports!)

Additions:

* Which previous police interactions require documents at interview?

Under GOES, I don't believe the GOES or CBP websites spoke to this issue directly, which has proved vexing for FTers trying to hash out this issue. (Unfortunately, CBP doesn't allow Archive.org to crawl its website, so it's hard to be sure what the actual information about this was.)

Under TTP, the FAQ says: "What court documents should I bring to the interview? If you were ever fingerprinted as part of an arrest or incident, then you should bring the associated court documents to your interview."

Again, note that this seems to conflict with on-the-ground experiences of FTers dealing with interviews, who IIRC have been asked to provide follow-up dismissal or final disposition documentation on incidents that were not fingerprinted (for example, the person only received a citation).

* Need to list country that cruise ship went to but you did not disembark, or airport your plane stopped in to pick up more passengers?

Under GOES, I think that there was no specific answer about whether to list countries on the application when the applicant did not officially pass through immigration or customs.

Under TTP, the FAQ says: "I was on a cruise, and we stopped at the port but did not go through customs. Do I need to list that country? You should include all countries visited other than Canada or Mexico."

While this was what FTers usually preached, the answer is now more officially-sourced.

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Oct 19, 2017 at 2:20 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Has your friend tried to call NEXUS?

All the Canadian Processing Centre with responsibility for residents of the United States:
800-842-7647 --- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Eastern Time)

Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread

Good luck and please let us know how he is able to resolve it.
They finally responded to him late yesterday via email and tied his application to his logon.gov. As it turns out, he had been conditionally approved since just after the new TTP site launched and probably missed the opportunity to interview on his trip up their this week (interview appointments are a couple months out typically but a lot of people cancel last minute).

At least it's finally sorted...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by phltraveler
They finally responded to him late yesterday via email and tied his application to his logon.gov. As it turns out, he had been conditionally approved since just after the new TTP site launched and probably missed the opportunity to interview on his trip up their this week (interview appointments are a couple months out typically but a lot of people cancel last minute).

At least it's finally sorted...
If your friend is still near a NEXUS field office, ask him to try as a walk in.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If your friend is still near a NEXUS field office, ask him to try as a walk in.
At YUL I tried that in 2016 and got absolutely shut down

Might work at YYZ though, which is most likely where he'd apply.

He isn't close enough to any non-airport location for the trip to be justifiable.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

Please get back to the subject of this thread, which is the new Trusted Travelers Programs website.

If you wish to continue discussing NEXUS enrollment interview availability, walk-in possibility, etc., please do so in one of the NEXUS thread.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:55 am

I just used the new site to register my son and noticed some glitches.
For the profile I could not get the day in his DOB entered. I would enter 29 and 28 would be there when I reviewed. Solution: +1 to the date, so 30 becomes 29.

Later in the application similar issues for Passport. +3 this time.
OK for the issue/expire dates, however, for DOB, 32 can't be entered to get the 29....

Closest I get is 27 since only 30 days in September...

Anybody have similar issues? (I tried in Chrome and IE...)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Mike Babin
I just used the new site to register my son and noticed some glitches.
For the profile I could not get the day in his DOB entered. I would enter 29 and 28 would be there when I reviewed. Solution: +1 to the date, so 30 becomes 29.

Later in the application similar issues for Passport. +3 this time.
OK for the issue/expire dates, however, for DOB, 32 can't be entered to get the 29....

Closest I get is 27 since only 30 days in September...

Anybody have similar issues? (I tried in Chrome and IE...)
Others have reported similar problems. For example, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28914487-post109.html reports dates are entered correctly in the back-end system and the problem is the display.

It's a mess.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Hmmmm. I just checked the expiry date of my passport on the new website and I was shocked that it differs from what it to used to be on the previous website
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:56 pm

Has anyone had a physical card issued since the date mismatch issue? I need a replacement NEXUS and APEC card issued in the next few weeks, but the last thing I want is the new cards to arrive with incorrect dates. My account is showing both a -1 Day birthday, and a -1 Day Passport Expiration date.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

dates were correct for me

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Hmmmm. I just checked the expiry date of my passport on the new website and I was shocked that it differs from what it to used to be on the previous website
After reading your comment, I went to the TTP website to check my dates. My birth date, my passport expiration date, and my driver's license expiration date were all shown correctly. Maybe the problem has been fixed or maybe it does not affect all accounts.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent post with questions that were mostly about the need/use of the Global Entry card was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:08 am

Not sure if this is mentioned, however appears that it's not working on Opera

Worked fine in Chrome
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:53 pm

Global Entry new website not working

Does anyone have a workaround to get renewed on the 'new' trusted traveler web site? I can log in and see my current membership, but there is no 'renewal' button as described in the FAQ.
I've tried the domestic and international phone numbers, but neither work.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by AtlantaCalaway
Does anyone have a workaround to get renewed on the 'new' trusted traveler web site? I can log in and see my current membership, but there is no 'renewal' button as described in the FAQ.
It works just fine. There is no separate renewal program. When logged in, apply for GE and you will be asked whether you have any existing participation in a TTP administered by CBP. If you respond yes, the fields will initially populate with your existing information and then ask you to confirm or change each data point. If nothing has changed, takes <5 mins.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by AtlantaCalaway
Are you within a year of expiration? If you're not, then you will not see a renewal button.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.