Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Now what?

Mrs. Fredd and I received an email notice today that our application status had changed, and were pleased to log in and discover we have conditional approval.

We have until two years from today to make our appointments. When we check availability, the results read that there are no appointments available anywhere between now and January 7 2024.

I presume this is a common experience, and that we should continue to check regularly. Any other insights or suggestions?

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered already. I've only begun monitoring this thread in the past little while.
mrlogboy likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
Mrs. Fredd and I received an email notice today that our application status had changed, and were pleased to log in and discover we have conditional approval.

We have until two years from today to make our appointments. When we check availability, the results read that there are no appointments available anywhere between now and January 7 2024.

I presume this is a common experience, and that we should continue to check regularly. Any other insights or suggestions?

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered already. I've only begun monitoring this thread in the past little while.

there is another post/thread you can look for and as I’d Dec 2021 all in person interviews I’ve been shut down. As Canada has pulled back their border guard officers. Once stuff settles again all should get reopened:
Fredd likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mrlogboy
there is another post/thread you can look for and as I’d Dec 2021 all in person interviews I’ve been shut down. As Canada has pulled back their border guard officers. Once stuff settles again all should get reopened:
Aha! This one. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:26 am

I've been trying to renew my Nexus card since 2019. I received CA in December 2019 but unfortunately schedule my interview for April 2020 and well that never happened. I've rescheduled my interview so many times and now I'm out the 730 day window. I just finally cancelled my Blaine interview since it was just a placeholder anyways. I live in SoCal and fly domestically often and TSA precheck is a must in my life. Since I'm passed my 730 days all my memberships have expired but my renewal application is still open. I really don't fly internationally often enough and this past holiday we did immigration at YYZ and Nexus might have saved me 20 minutes while immigration at YUL with Global Entry would have saved me 2 minutes.

All that to say, do I need to formally cancel my Nexus application in order to apply for TSA precheck? I can't find the button to formally cancel my Nexus application. I've cancelled the interview and that's it.

(I do have a credit card that will pay the TSA fee. Back in 2019 this credit card did not cover my Nexus application.)

Last edited by cmbarrette; Jan 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by cmbarrette
All that to say, do I need to formally cancel my Nexus application in order to apply for TSA precheck?
Nope. They are completely separate programs of different agencies.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
Nope. They are completely separate programs of different agencies.
Great, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
Hi friends,

Less than a week after applying to renew my Nexus card, I got approval with no interview! Now extended until 2027.

Thanks to you all for your advice!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Another data point. Applied for my first NEXUS renewal on December 16, 2021. Received notification on January 12, 2022 that it was approved through Oct 2027 with no interview needed.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
This is for my son, who's now 18.

First Renewal:
Applied: 1/1/22
Conditionally Approved: 1/13/22
Interview required: yes

I'm guessing they want an interview so they can update his photo. He's now more than a foot taller since his initial photo was taken back in 2017
nrg
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I applied for my 3rd renewal on December 5, 2021 and received a conditional approval on Jan 9, 2022.
I need to schedule an interview...but of course there is no availability, none at this moment.
I remember when I applied for my 2nd renewal, I received a conditional approval first, and then I booked my interview online. However, I received a full approval without the interview later for some reason. I remember I canceled the appointment because of the full approval without interview.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cmbarrette
I've been trying to renew my Nexus card since 2019. I received CA in December 2019 but unfortunately schedule my interview for April 2020 and well that never happened. I've rescheduled my interview so many times and now I'm out the 730 day window. I just finally cancelled my Blaine interview since it was just a placeholder anyways. I live in SoCal and fly domestically often and TSA precheck is a must in my life. Since I'm passed my 730 days all my memberships have expired but my renewal application is still open. I really don't fly internationally often enough and this past holiday we did immigration at YYZ and Nexus might have saved me 20 minutes while immigration at YUL with Global Entry would have saved me 2 minutes.

All that to say, do I need to formally cancel my Nexus application in order to apply for TSA precheck? I can't find the button to formally cancel my Nexus application. I've cancelled the interview and that's it.

(I do have a credit card that will pay the TSA fee. Back in 2019 this credit card did not cover my Nexus application.)
you are not alone. I am in exactly the same situation. I got CA for Nexus renew in Feb 2020 and am about to hit my 2 year mark. I applied for precheck last summer. Just keep in mind they will give you a new KTN so you’ll have to update your airline profiles. Good luck!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
you are not alone. I am in exactly the same situation. I got CA for Nexus renew in Feb 2020 and am about to hit my 2 year mark. I applied for precheck last summer. Just keep in mind they will give you a new KTN so you’ll have to update your airline profiles. Good luck!
Thanks. I wish I had made the TSA and Nexus 'dis"-connection sooner, my frustration would have come down one notch, ha!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Up for renewal, and trying to figure out how to update my "current" address. I've updated my mailing address, but it seems like the only way to update the current address is to a visit an enrollment center (which are not open). What a weird catch-22.

I'm planning to update my driver's license info then get the renewal going to see if it goes automatically before messing with this in case it trips things up, but accept any coaching on what really needs to be updated and how to actually do it. I don't want to flag myself accidentally by updating my expired driver's license in the system (I'm more than 6 months overdue to update that) or by really chasing how to update the address.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by leland
Up for renewal, and trying to figure out how to update my "current" address. I've updated my mailing address, but it seems like the only way to update the current address is to a visit an enrollment center (which are not open). What a weird catch-22.

I'm planning to update my driver's license info then get the renewal going to see if it goes automatically before messing with this in case it trips things up, but accept any coaching on what really needs to be updated and how to actually do it. I don't want to flag myself accidentally by updating my expired driver's license in the system (I'm more than 6 months overdue to update that) or by really chasing how to update the address.

did you call and were told the offices are closed.
in other post I’ve seen where Blaine Washington seems to be open and it’s calling people to reschedule appointments in the future. we know interviews are down but that is because of the Canadian passport guards that are not showing up to work you could say due to Covid restrictions in Canada. But the USA offices, some
of them might be open
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Originally Posted by mrlogboy
did you call and were told the offices are closed.
in other post I’ve seen where Blaine Washington seems to be open and it’s calling people to reschedule appointments in the future. we know interviews are down but that is because of the Canadian passport guards that are not showing up to work you could say due to Covid restrictions in Canada. But the USA offices, some
of them might be open
Fair. Was going off the email that they're closing off appointments. I'm a decent drive from Blaine so would rather only do that trip if I get tagged for an interview. Does anyone have advice on what I should try to change proactively for a non-interview renewal? I'm thinking driver's license should be valid, but if they have the right mailing address I'm fine.

I can share that you shouldn't renew your passport while your Nexus is in process - N of 1, but change in passport number is what we think tagged my partner for the trek to Blaine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.