Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old May 3, 22, 11:04 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by sambagrrl07 View Post
I am. Expired February 2022, applied for renewal in late May 2021, still waiting.
Me too, stuck in Pending Review since May 10,2021.
I would ignore the info in the auto-emails. I was still getting those after I applied to renew, warning me my Nexus was about to expire (duh).
When I login in to TTP I still see the 730 message:
Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 18 months to 24 months for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 24 months while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application.
nrg
Old May 3, 22, 4:26 pm

How long for the card to be received in the mail?

Renewal interview done and stays changed to fully approved! Card is in the mail!

For those of you (Canadian) who have already had your interviews, if you remember (assuming it has not arrived yet), can you advise when your card arrives/arrived in the mail?? Waiting anxiously as a planned trip approaches!!
nawsin likes this.
Old May 3, 22, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by NanQuaBell View Post
Renewal interview done and stays changed to fully approved! Card is in the mail!

For those of you (Canadian) who have already had your interviews, if you remember (assuming it has not arrived yet), can you advise when your card arrives/arrived in the mail?? Waiting anxiously as a planned trip approaches!!
My wife got hers in about a week, but we are in the U.S. Canada might be longer as the mail between USA and Canada has been noticeably slower since COVID.
nawsin likes this.
Old May 6, 22, 10:43 pm

NEXUS renewal, US Citizen.

Applied: April 15th 2022

Approved: May 6th 2022

No interview.
Old May 11, 22, 1:21 am

I applied for my 1st Nexus renewal back in Nov 2021. After 6 months, still "pending review."

However, we'd submitted the renewal application for my wife in April 2022 and hers got approved without interview within a week. Got her new card in the mail shortly thereafter.
Both my kids' renewals got "conditional approval" last year within a short period of time.

I know there's no one you can call/email... but do you think it would do any good to drive up to Blaine to inquire as to what's holding up my application?
Old May 11, 22, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
I know there's no one you can call/email... but do you think it would do any good to drive up to Blaine to inquire as to what's holding up my application?
I doubt you would get any meaningful information, if they even respond to queries on Nexus at all. But if I were within 100 miles of an office, I'd schlep it out there.
nrgiii and evergrn like this.
Old May 11, 22, 4:15 pm

I'm in the same boat, renew back in Oct 2021, still "pending review". I did call the Blaine office last month but didn't get anything meaningful other than it's still being processed.
Old May 11, 22, 4:57 pm

Time for card to arrive, Canadian mailing address

Just FYI for those of you wonderingthey are fast considering this is US to Canada post mail! It is sent First Class International. My husband had his interview Monday the 2nd AM, by Wednesday his TTP did have the Activate Card option so we knew it was in the mail. It arrived today, Wednesday May 11th! FINALLY!! The wait is over!!
Old May 11, 22, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by oblender View Post
I received an email from the Canadian boarder service stating that if this happens then email them and they can get it reinstated so you don't lose the conditional approval.

50% of all renewals are approved without an interview according to the Canadian boarder services.

CBSA said that you have until you can finalise your renewal. If you get a notice that your application has been cancelled you can email them to have it reinstated. I don't believe they are enforcing the 720 day policy due to the extended closure of the Canadian enrolment centres.
No, they definitely are enforcing it. 730 days past expiration of your card and that is it. A CBSA rep confirmed that to me. There have been reports of expired cards confiscated at the border by people trying to use the Nexus lane but past their 730 days. No reports of fines issued but definitely card confiscation. My husband and I have had to go regular lanes last 2 times (land) because card expired Jan 2020 and the 730 days hit. He just had his interview and received his new card today so thank goodness we are back to Nexus lanes and TSA pre check as well!
Old May 11, 22, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by T_Chopper View Post
I'm in the same boat, renew back in Oct 2021, still "pending review". I did call the Blaine office last month but didn't get anything meaningful other than it's still being processed.
I wonder if it means anything when some of us are subjected to extended pending review period. I wonder if that means its more likely headed towards conditional approval needing interview, more likely to get approved without interview, or no correlation to anything.
Old May 11, 22, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
I wonder if it means anything when some of us are subjected to extended pending review period. I wonder if that means its more likely headed towards conditional approval needing interview, more likely to get approved without interview, or no correlation to anything.
From all accounts reported, it seems so random when it occursI dont know if theres any correlation.
Old May 12, 22, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by NanQuaBell View Post
From all accounts reported, it seems so random when it occurs…I don’t know if there’s any correlation.
It does seem infuriatingly random but that makes no sense. Pure randomness is impossible to achieve so there must be a pattern, however trivial, that puts some renewal applications in a speedy bucket and others in the freezer. It could be as dumb as the last digit of the Nexus ID being odd or even (mine is even), or the number of passports one has (I have two), or place of birth, or height, or countries visited or frequency of prior Nexus use, or whatever.

I just can't accept it's random.
NanQuaBell likes this.

Last edited by DualityOfNam; May 12, 22 at 3:09 pm
Old May 12, 22, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA Pro
Are they still opening up Remote interviews everyday at 8am ET? I have gone to the site for the last 2 weeks at that time and haven't seen any openings. I've been trying to schedule an interview since April 2020 (my application is still active though)
Old May 13, 22, 12:16 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Adding a datapoint to the pile: 73 weeks for the whole process. Applied Dec 15, 2020 -- Card in hand May 11, 2022.
​​
Old May 13, 22, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by zoobtoob View Post
Adding a datapoint to the pile: 73 weeks for the whole process. Applied Dec 15, 2020 -- Card in hand May 11, 2022.
​​
With or without interview? Sorry if you had mentioned that earlier.

Search this Thread