Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The dreaded "X" with Global Entry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The dreaded "X" with Global Entry

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by c1223
Yes I forgot that I hadn't actually scanned my passport. Also forgot that I'd been to LAX where I had to see the man with the tablet, rather than get the printout.

I'm always getting Precheck on my boarding passes, so that isn't an issue.

I don't remember being asked to scan my fingerprints at BWI on the way in last week... I'll speak to the officer next time and see if they can fix whatever it is.
Next time if you get the X on a receipt you can check to see what the reference code says. If you are getting Precheck on your boarding passes then my guess is that it's not a name mismatch issue, but without a reference code it's speculation why the X is appearing.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Got the X again.... Spoke to the border agent. Apparently Global Entry can't see my ESTA. However when they scan my passport they can clearly see my ESTA and all the numbers match up. The agent wasn't too sure what could be done to fix it.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by c1223
Got the X again.... Spoke to the border agent. Apparently Global Entry can't see my ESTA. However when they scan my passport they can clearly see my ESTA and all the numbers match up. The agent wasn't too sure what could be done to fix it.
Did you happen to check the Reference Code on the receipt (unless this was at LAX or another location with no paper receipt)? I'm wondering if there's not a discrepancy with the name/passport number on the approved ESTA versus the passport?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL
No discrepancies as far as the border agent could see. He couldn't work out why it was happening...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.