Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:22 am

With the risk of adding to BritishGuy's misery (sorry!), here is my experience with the process so far...

I also found it to be very quick and efficient:

Applied for invitation code to 'register to apply' for GE from Border Force: 01/12
Given code from Border Force: 01/12
Registered to apply: 01/12
Given UK Access code for GOES: 02/12
Applied for GE: 02/12
Conditional Approval: 08/12
GE Interview at Miami Airport: 22/12 - Approved Instantly!

I had hoped that there may have been some interview slots available before my trip to the US on the 19th so that I could take advantage of using it but alas, I was a little too slow to apply and no interview slots were available (I kept checking regularly to see if any slots opened up but they eventually removed all of the London options).

Miami airport wasn't my first choice as I wasn't flying through that airport and it would involve a 2 hour drive from my location in Naples, Florida. However Philadelphia and Toronto (where I would be flying through on my travels) had very few dates/times available - well, no dates/times for when I was scheduled to be there! In contrast, Miami had a load of dates/times available for the interview. In fact, I believe I could have scheduled an interview for the very next day after receiving my conditional approval! Therefore, I would definitely recommend looking at Miami for scheduling an interview, especially if you are struggling to find alternative locations! Of course, that would mean flying to Florida but there are worse places you could go! :-)

The interview, like many others have posted here, was incredibly short and they didn't really ask me anything that you would expect (In fact, I can't remember him actually asking me any questions other than for my passport and driving licence!). Again, I don't think they have had many applicants from the UK coming through the office because the CBP agent had a lot of 'confused' looks on his face when processing the application. He even asked me for a US address in order to send the Global Entry card, which I'm pretty sure I won't get - he seemed adamant that I will receive one, so it will be a nice surprise if it does actually turn up! Anyway, I gave him my brother's address in Florida so we'll see if it does arrive.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
They hadn't heard of GE being open to UK citizens in HNL but we're happy to complete the interview this morning
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinkcat
They hadn't heard of GE being open to UK citizens in HNL but we're happy to complete the interview this morning
What was your experience in finding a slot at HNL? I have just got my conditional approval today and am in OGG from 29 December to 4 January. Would love to be able to come across to HNL and do it but calendar is full until mid February. Will keep checking daily.

Any clue whether you think they may accept walk-ups?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Applied for UK clearance 7pm Washington DC time last night.
Came through 6am this morning.
Applied for Global Entry 11am this morning.
Conditional approval 2.30pm this afternoon.
Appointment booked 5pm tomorrow at Dulles.

Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Global Entry interview.

We had our interviews this morning. Finding a couple of slots together in the short to medium term was impossible at local Fort Lauderdale Airport. Travelled 40 miles north to West Palm Beach at the cruise terminal for interviews one week later. The whole process took us 11 days. Interview was confirm date of birth, occupation and have you ever been arrested. Remainder was friendly chat. Certainly they are not used to UK driving licences and dint girder to give month first for date of birth. Very pleasant officer who granted our new status immediately. I was his first UK customer. While process was less complicated than I thought it might be.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by typical
Applied for UK clearance 7pm Washington DC time last night.
Came through 6am this morning.
Applied for Global Entry 11am this morning.
Conditional approval 2.30pm this afternoon.
Appointment booked 5pm tomorrow at Dulles.
Paging BritishGuy
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
And there we go. Less than 48 hours from initial UK application to successful interview.

The interview was short, but they did quiz me on why I visited about 10 of the >35 countries I've been to in the past 5 years.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by typical
The interview was short, but they did quiz me on why I visited about 10 of the >35 countries I've been to in the past 5 years.
I have feeling that might be the case for my interview, too - I've been to 59...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:02 pm

Arrived at JFK today, went across to T4 where the GE enrolment center is and all done in 5 minutes. So less than a week from first starting the process on the Home Office website to being fully registered
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had my interview today and was told I was approved but website hasn't updated yet.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by reclusive46
I had my interview today and was told I was approved but website hasn't updated yet.
I received the email informing me of a change of status on my application no more than 10 minutes after completing the interview, and when I got a chance to log on to the GOES site about 1 hour later my status had been updated and the completion letter was there.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I received the email informing me of a change of status on my application no more than 10 minutes after completing the interview, and when I got a chance to log on to the GOES site about 1 hour later my status had been updated and the completion letter was there.
The officers I had were a bit confused (And had never processed an esta holder before), so I think they might have sent the application to their supervisor to double check.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:42 am

I have my interview coming up, just checking the documents I need, the letter say I need my passport and ..

'Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license....'

I was planning on taking just my UK Driving Licence and passport but I wonder if I need more than 1.

Can anyone who has completed the interview say what you used for ID and if you needed more than one in addition to passport.

Thanks

Last edited by wytco0; Dec 30, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by reclusive46
The officers I had were a bit confused (And had never processed an esta holder before), so I think they might have sent the application to their supervisor to double check.
The officer I had at JFK was actually asking me about the process of UK applicants as she said they were getting lots of calls requesting information.

Originally Posted by wytco0
I have my interview coming up, just checking the documents I need, the letter say I need my passport and ..

'Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license....'

I was planning on taking just my UK Driving Licence and passport but I wonder if I need more than 1.

Can anyone who has completed the interview say what you used for ID and if you needed more than one in addition to passport.

Thanks
I was asks for my driving licence, passport, and a copy of the letter with my GOES number on it. I had loads of other things to show my address like utility bills etc. but I wasn't asked for them.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta, hhonors
Another UK traveller...
UK border code applied: 3 dec '15, approved: 3 Dec '15
GE entry online applied: 3 Dec '15, conditional approval: 17 Dec '15
Interview: 28 Dec '15 at JFK T4, approved same day.

Interview took around 20 mins, asked about job, reason for freq travel to US, purpose of trip to Turkey (!). Staff was courteous and helpful. UK citizens don't get issued GE cards apparently.

Used GE for first time at YYZ - sweet. GE travellers use NEXUS lines at security, which is handy. No stamps in passport anymore, so saving pages. Also pre check seems to work more often at US airports.

Satisfied customer so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.