Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
To anyone who uses Nexus, was it worth the $50? I have GE and debating if it's worth my time to get Nexus. I travel to Calgary a lot now, and only once have I seen the Nexus line of actual beneficiary use. Global Entry on the other hand, jumps me ahead of a good amount of people before security anyways..so I am on the fence. What is the general consensus on here about this program?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
To anyone who uses Nexus, was it worth the $50? I have GE and debating if it's worth my time to get Nexus. I travel to Calgary a lot now, and only once have I seen the Nexus line of actual beneficiary use. Global Entry on the other hand, jumps me ahead of a good amount of people before security anyways..so I am on the fence. What is the general consensus on here about this program?
Nexus includes GE and its $50 cheaper from an ongoing cost perspective. Nexus is the best deal around.

If cost is not a factor, it may be useful to clear security quickly in Canada. So thats the other benefit. Other than quick customs clearance.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:18 am

Nexus is half the price of global entry alone but include ge and other benefits. I'd say it's much more worth it than ge.

but if you're only flying in it's not that big of a deal, the big time savers are for the land crossings
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Nexus is half the price of global entry alone but include ge and other benefits. I'd say it's much more worth it than ge.

but if you're only flying in it's not that big of a deal, the big time savers are for the land crossings
I didn't know that before I got GE about a year ago now. Now I am beginning to travel to Canada more and just looked into the program. GOES wants $50 bucks on top of what I paid for the stand-alone GE program. Weighing my options I guess
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:13 am

Is the security line busy (I don't know if Global Entry can use the Nexus security lane?)

Is it worth the incremental $50 on top of the $100 you already paid... I would say only if lines are busy when you fly or if you drive across the border. Otherwise don't bother, and just 'upgrade' to Nexus when your GE renewal is coming up. Saves you $50 on the renewal
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:34 pm

Is the security line busy (I don't know if Global Entry can use the Nexus security lane?)

Is it worth the incremental $50 on top of the $100 you already paid... I would say only if lines are busy when you fly or if you drive across the border. Otherwise don't bother, and just 'upgrade' to Nexus when your GE renewal is coming up. Saves you $50 on the renewal
+1
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:26 pm

Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I will do.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Yes, I echo lastcall519 - Thank you for all the advice/help! Much appreciated.

Update:
All four of us (my family) applied Dec 29 within minutes of each other (as fast as I could hit submit, logout, login, submit, etc.)
2 conditional approvals received yesterday, Jan 29 (the kids), but not the other 2 (us parents).
First interview opening in Seattle: Aug 7th
Will be switching all of us to Global Entry - don't have the time to sit and refresh at a computer every 5 minutes all day.
I applied 1/2/14
conditional approval today, 2/3. Went on line to schedule in Seattle...immediately got 2/10/14 . There was a bunch of slots aval. that day.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:53 am

First, thanks for all of the information everyone has provided. Reading this forum has really helped understand the process.

I applied on January 5th and got approval this morning. The first available appointment in Seattle was June 26th. I booked that and then checked back, The appointment available is August 15th.
Do I just need to check back constantly to see if the dates change? I saw workertraveler got an interview in February.

I apologize if I should have read all 12 pages of the thread. I read quite a bit of it when I started this process but don't remember how you get new dates for appointments.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:18 am

Yes, check back often. Things change a couple times an hour
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Conditional interview was on 1/28, still haven't heard back about final approval. Is that normal or should I be calling the NEXUS hotline on Monday to inquire?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Conditional interview was on 1/28, still haven't heard back about final approval. Is that normal or should I be calling the NEXUS hotline on Monday to inquire?
You should call your interview station. I had my approval email arrive as I was in the parking lot walking to my car.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: Nexus
Does any one know how long it is now taking the nexus card to arrive in mail.
Approved for Nexus, i.e GOES status changed to approved: January 31, 2014, at Fort Erie/Buffalo office.

Today is February 8, still waiting for the card. They say it will take 8-10 days but many have received the card in the USA in 4-5 days.

Anyone in the same boat? please reply with the timeline.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
You should call the enrollment center. It happened to me as well. My two children got approved immediately after the interview. But me and my wife did not get the status change. After a week and a number of phone calls (very frustrating to get someone to talk to), I was finally told that I did not submit the evidence of citizenship of another country. Yes I have both US and another country's citizenship. I sent the document and got approved.

Now the problem is that I am still waiting for the card to arrive in the mail. It's been 8 days now. So keeping finger crossed. Anyone can please update about card arrival timeline.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: GE/Nexus, UA Global Services, Star Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Inti1
You should call the enrollment center. It happened to me as well. My two children got approved immediately after the interview. But me and my wife did not get the status change. After a week and a number of phone calls (very frustrating to get someone to talk to), I was finally told that I did not submit the evidence of citizenship of another country. Yes I have both US and another country's citizenship. I sent the document and got approved.

Now the problem is that I am still waiting for the card to arrive in the mail. It's been 8 days now. So keeping finger crossed. Anyone can please update about card arrival timeline.
It takes up to 10 Business Days so, depending on when your interview was, count 10 days (minus weekends) and it should be there! It freaked me out too with mine because the same thing happened where it took 12 actual days but only 8 business days so yeah^, the GOV likes taking their time! Its definitely worth it once you have it!

Last edited by Chuck2; Feb 9, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.