Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:16 pm

Is there away that you would not be required for an interview when your just renewing? I got conditional approval today and I renewed back in July 2. I thought there was a way I didn’t have to get interviewed for a renewal?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by futtfy
Is there away that you would not be required for an interview when your just renewing? I got conditional approval today and I renewed back in July 2. I thought there was a way I didn’t have to get interviewed for a renewal?
Renewal interview requirement is very random. It is not an option for you to decide or select.

<deleted>

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 31, 2018 at 9:42 pm Reason: Redacted circular link after posts were moved to the relevant thread
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by futtfy
It is up for the CBP to determine and it seems to be dependent upon travel and employment history, at least based on what's been posted here.

[with my moderator's hat on]

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

[moderator's hat off]
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent post discussing the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival program was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: free agent
Curious when's appropriate time to reach out to check on status of my GE renewal application ? I submitted my renewal application on July 19th and I understand that it's still within normal waiting period (seems 4-5 weeks before hear their decision is normal?). Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Application renewal submitted July 7, 2018. Approved August 7, 2018. No interview required.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:51 am

July 6 conditional approval aug 2.
Need an interview. Kind of expected it as we have moved to the UK for a while. I also screwed up the application and got SWAZILAND when I meant switzerland... so that might be a flag. I can sort that out at the interview.

We are flying in to seattle next week so I am going to try and sort it out on arrival. I also setup and Appointment for while we are home in Anchorage.

Still waiting on my wifes but I did not get hers in until July 26th. Hopefully that comes in soon. Be nice if we could both get it on arrival. Or at least get it done while we are in Anchorage.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:24 pm

Current approval expires August 13, 2018.

Application and fee submitted June 27, 2018.

Still pending approval... 42 days later.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:37 pm

Seems to take very long currently. I am at 22 days after submitting my renewal and it still shows 'pending'. Anybody (non US citizen) got the approval faster?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Earlier posts indicate your GE benefits will continue to apply for 3-6 months after GE expiration if you apply for renewal before expiration.

Does that extend to PreCheck as well, or does your PreCheck access end with GE expiry? Earlier posts indicate Precheck will expire if you did NOT apply for renewal before expiry but what if you did?

Would having (unticketed) reservations already in place before GE expiration influence this?
I have domestic US travel scheduled 2 weeks and 5 weeks after the current GE expiration date.

Or is it a YMMV?

My GE expires in about a week, and I applied for renewal last week, it is currently in pending state.
(in my case, US citizen and resident, no changes in my particulars, except for a new driver license expiration date, and one new country visited (Egypt) compared to original application)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:16 pm

Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, recent posts discussing the use of a Global Entry cards in GE kiosks, were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by cmtaiwan
Current approval expires August 13, 2018.

Application and fee submitted June 27, 2018.

Still pending approval... 42 days later.
wow. I’m waiting on my application as well. Submitted on July 19. I think it’s reasonable to reach out to CBP to see what’s up, especially 1+ month of waiting
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:40 pm

My wife applied for renewal on 7/10/18.
Was conditionally approved on 8/7/18 and asked to come for an interview.
The high number of countries listed on the application might have been a factor.
Approved during interview on 8/8/18, new photo and fingerprints taken.
The officer confirmed that countries transited should be mentioned on application, as she had done.

Update: New card received today, 8/16/18

Last edited by jcsimard; Aug 16, 2018 at 6:40 pm Reason: Updated information
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:42 pm

Submitted renewal on August 6. Renewal approved August 12.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:36 am

<deleted>

I'm a US citizen, and been waiting for 28 days. Not sure why some people get renewal done within a week, and others have to wait for 3-4 weeks.

I visited 20+ countries, so it could be a factor. I am getting ready to reach out CBP as well to see what's going on too.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 17, 2018 at 8:53 am Reason: Quote of post that was moved to the relevant thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.