Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles | Marriott Bonvoy | Radisson Int'l Rewards
I sent in my application Feb 6 and still no conditional approval. Is there any way to contact CBP and ask about when it might be? I don't fly til 5/30 but I'm getting a little worried.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by nocigar
I sent in my application Feb 6 and still no conditional approval. Is there any way to contact CBP and ask about when it might be? I don't fly til 5/30 but I'm getting a little worried.
Get used to it... I am on my day 62 of waiting...
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
More than 1 appointment available for that time slot.
But why would you care whether it’s 1+ or 8+?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by vanillabean
On the Schedule Appointment page, I'm not quite sure what "WITH # of appts." say "1+" is about. Multiple appointments for one person?
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
More than 1 appointment available for that time slot.
I'm grateful we have some visibility to the appointment calendar at all, as it gives program participants an idea of setting their expectations. Under the prior site "GOES", there was no non-logged-in visibility to the appointment calendar.

At the end of the day, it only matters what appointment slots are available at the moment a particular TTP member tries to schedule their appointment. The non-logged-in view helps us get a sense of the availability at the various locations.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by peter h
As per @UKtravelbear - have you had your interview yet?

its actually tomorrow morning.... I hope. It’s at the Richmond VA office which just randomly showed appts one day and then never again. I’ve tried to call a few times just to verify it wasn’t a glitch but no luck getting through.

When i I log in it just shows conditionally approved on the timeline, no letter of conditional approval? Do I need this for the interview?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent question about the logistics of a Global Entry enrollment interview which has nothing to do with processing timelines was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

In case there is a family of 8 would like to be interviewed at the same time.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
Go to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ and click on "Where are interviews held?" which is under the heading How Enrollment Works. On this page, you'll see a list of all interview locations. Without being logged in to the TTP web site, you can use this list to see when appointments are offered at the desired interview site. Pick an interview site, pick an open day (click on "choose this date"), and a weekly timeslot calendar will appear.

Some sites are open all day, while other sites have more limited opening hours.

To actually reserve an interview timeslot, you must first be logged into your TTP account. However, the above non-logged-in "read only" view of the schedule will give you an idea of the times your desired site is usually open.
Thanks for the info. This is something new.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:56 am

I applied on 3/29/19 and got conditionally approved today, 4/4/19. I have been out of the country twice in the last year. My interview will be at JFK tomorrow. It really is a crap shoot.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:08 am

Interview went well and took all of 5 mins at the Richmond VA office. Was marked approved by the time I got home. The officer said I would get the card in about 2 weeks.

applied 12/1/2018
coditional approval 2/16/2019
interview and same day approval 4/4/2019
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:19 am
D1c

About Time!
Applied 1/25/19
Conditionally Approved 4/4/19
peter h and Amy Beals Bonjour like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by D1c
About Time!
Applied 1/25/19
Conditionally Approved 4/4/19
That's awesome! Congrats! I've been checking my husbands multiple times per day. He also applied 1/25. I hoping today or tomorrow!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
So it's now been over 2 weeks since the interview and still stuck on "conditional approval". Apparently I'm still awaiting a supervisor approval to waive the fingerprint requirement, and it's been over a week since the promise of 24-48 hours for final approval. Is it typically this difficult to enroll children? I stopped by the center in person on Friday and just got the run-around ("they'll get to it when they get to it"). Any idea how long this can go on? Is there anything more I can do?

I was hoping to use this next week and I wouldn't have signed up if I knew there was a risk of getting stuck in limbo this long.

Has anyone been successful doing a second interview (at a different location) when the first one is stuck like this?
Finally approved today! It took just shy of 3 weeks after the interview for final approval. My sister works for CBP and I decided to ask her for help. She had some contacts at the enrollment center and quickly found out who needed to finalize the application. Minutes later I got the approval e-mail. I'm glad my daughter has GE now (so the whole family can use it), but I don't feel like I should have needed go to this length just to finalize her approval. Anyway, just wanted to provide an update that it's resolved.
D1c, Amy Beals Bonjour and nocmoc like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:04 am
D1c

Originally Posted by Amy Beals Bonjour
That's awesome! Congrats! I've been checking my husbands multiple times per day. He also applied 1/25. I hoping today or tomorrow!
keep checking! I’ve got a 2 month wait for the interview. Since there isn't a center in KS,NE,IA or AR, we get a lot of those people. I have tokeep checking for cancelations now.
Amy Beals Bonjour likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:56 am

Finally! Applied 1/25, conditionally approved 4/4! Interview scheduled for mid June. But, will most likely complete the interview upon arrival in May! But will keep checking for interviews prior to the trip. Would like to use pre-check for this trip!
peter h, D1c and nocmoc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.