Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
My application was made on 8 February and I'm travelling to JFK on 18 April, so I'm hoping to get conditional approval in time for approval on entry then. It's cutting it fine, but I wondered if the turnaround was getting faster - i.e. if any backlog was being cleared.

Because I love my spreadsheets, I've looked at the processing times that have been reported here since the start of February. Leaving aside the ones that took 2 weeks or less, the ones posted in early February were in the range of 77 to 90 days. The ones posted recently have been 70 to 77 days.

While making a huge disclaimer about this being based on a tiny sample of data, I'm personally encouraged. 18 April is 69 days after my application, which is still cutting it fine but, if there is a trend for approvals getting faster, then I could be in luck!

Keep posting application and approval dates!

Last edited by peter h; Mar 22, 2019 at 10:27 am Reason: grammar!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:38 pm

Approval!

Applied 2 kids, 2 adults March 6... Everyone conditional approval March 14, appointments early May!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by rwgames
Based on everyone else's apply and approval dates I could feel it getting closer, conditional approval for me today! Thank goodness logging into the website multiple times a day doesn't raise a red flag Total of 67 days, appointments are looking scarce around us though one airport had nothing for months, another had some this week and then nothing for two months.
Went for the interview today in Atlanta, took about 10 minutes. Still haven't received the approval email but it's showing good in the portal! For me they acted like it was still up in the air, didn't tell me anything other than no bringing anyone else through, declare everything, etc. My wife they showed the machine and how to use it. Definitely different levels of service based on the agent. I also heard them turn away two separate people who had applied but had waited over a year for the interview.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Jhk03
Applied 2 kids, 2 adults March 6... Everyone conditional approval March 14, appointments early May!
Are you a US citizen?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:34 pm

Yes. Medium foreign travel history.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Applied for a 2-year-old on February 8. Still pending review as of March 18. Obviously a very difficult background check.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:57 am

Applied/paid Jan7, conditional approved today, March 18.

I am Taiwanese Citizen
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:22 pm

it's been two months since I've applied and still pending review. I think the person is on maternity/paternity leave after grabbed my application.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by Clar
it's been two months since I've applied and still pending review. I think the person is on maternity/paternity leave after grabbed my application.
ive been waiting 2 months also. It seems there are 2 categories, some take less than a week and others (ours) are taking months. It’s all speculation at this point because the process is anything but transparent. According to the posts, they should be up to mid January so in a few weeks, we should be good hopefully.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by D1c

ive been waiting 2 months also. It seems there are 2 categories, some take less than a week and others (ours) are taking months. It’s all speculation at this point because the process is anything but transparent. According to the posts, they should be up to mid January so in a few weeks, we should be good hopefully.
I applied on 1/14 and still pending review. In 10 days I have an international trip coming and I have no hope that would work until then. It's been 64 days already.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:54 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by dimitar_sj
I applied on 1/14 and still pending review. In 10 days I have an international trip coming and I have no hope that would work until then. It's been 64 days already.

good of luck to you
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by D1c

good of luck to you
Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by D1c

As I posted upthread, I've noted application and conditional approval dates posted since the start of February across three threads here. Ignoring the sub 2 week turnarounds, 5 people have posted recently that they have received conditional approval having applied in January (latest 7th). The average wait for these was 69 days. It's a very small sample, but the average wait time does seem to be getting smaller (slowly!).
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:22 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by peter h
As I posted upthread, I've noted application and conditional approval dates posted since the start of February across three threads here. Ignoring the sub 2 week turnarounds, 5 people have posted recently that they have received conditional approval having applied in January (latest 7th). The average wait for these was 69 days. It's a very small sample, but the average wait time does seem to be getting smaller (slowly!).
I think it might depend on timing of application (after gov't shutdown) and how much variation is in your file. If everything was the same and you didn't travel much before requesting GE, the processing might have gone very quickly.. Also keep watch on the interview cancellations. Interview dates were looking out a month and cancellation opened up that sped up final approval by ~ 4 weeks.

Last edited by sggolf; Mar 19, 2019 at 8:54 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:26 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by sggolf
I think it might depend on timing of application (after gov't shutdown) and how much variation is in your file. If everything was the same and you didn't travel much before requesting GE, the processing might have gone very quickly..
not necessarily. My wife and I information was 98% the same (jobs were the only difference). mine was submitted 1/25, hers 2/04. She got approved 2/08, I’m still waiting. I’ve got no explanation for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.