Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG-SFO First Class with pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
gorgeous thank you
Old Sep 9, 2008, 9:14 am

I flew on Pan Am in First 20 years ago. They offered Lobster Thermidor but I stupidly picked the steak. Ever since then I have dreamed of eating Lobster Thermidor. I have never had the opportunity to eating this dish since then.

Please explain what exactly I Lobster Thermidor? Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
whats an RTW ticket???? is this a reward ticket?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by mrx900
whats an RTW ticket???? is this a reward ticket?
Round The World. Can be an award ticket, but it usually a paid ticket
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by Bretteee
I flew on Pan Am in First 20 years ago. They offered Lobster Thermidor but I stupidly picked the steak. Ever since then I have dreamed of eating Lobster Thermidor. I have never had the opportunity to eating this dish since then.

Please explain what exactly I Lobster Thermidor? Thanks.
Lobster Thermidor.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Wow, thanks for the excellent report and the good read ^
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: BA
Absolutely super trip report! ^^
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: skywards, BMI, Qantas, Hilton honours
Brilliant report, it takes time to read it all but is well worth and it and it gives a good insight into what yu get in First class with SQ, shows why they are rated so highly because of the cabin crew
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SFO777
As for the smoking, you can change the seat but the smoke smell stays in the walls, ceiling etc forever.
There are times (usually in winter - in December) when the Indonesians are clearing forest land for cultivation (usually illegally), by setting the area on fire, which results in Singapore being inundated with smoke....this, or the aircraft flying into polluted airports may be the reason for the smell of smoke.

Have also noted the Xmas decoration in the lav on one flight, but based on the photographs posted, SIN appears clear on the day SFO777 flew in, luckily!

(Great TR's, btw!)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 13, 2008 at 2:17 pm Reason: syntax, additional comments....
Old Sep 14, 2008, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
There are times (usually in winter - in December) when the Indonesians are clearing forest land for cultivation (usually illegally), by setting the area on fire, which results in Singapore being inundated with smoke....this, or the aircraft flying into polluted airports may be the reason for the smell of smoke.
Actually, the smell was x-JFK so I don't think burning forest land was the reason. On the next 744 (HKG-SFO), I didn't notice the smell. Maybe it was simply an inbound pax badly in need of a shower?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
great TR. i flew SQ F JFK-FRA this summer and had a wonderful cabin crew. i also checked out the virgin clubhouse and while nice, i found it to be a big worn looking, and staffed by extremely slow servers. then again, the food/drink was free and the seats comfy..and i got to chat up a couple of pretty english girls so i suppose it wasn't all bad.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
SQ1-SQ2 seem to be high on the list of the next 744-380 upgrade based on discussion in the Singapore forum, with timing pending delivery schedules. Senior SQ FAs on my recent RTW told me "by the end of the year" and my SFO sales rep told me "end of the year or early next year". While this is certainly not hard proof, someone is giving them a general time frame and the chatter would seem to point to a switch sooner than later.
Good news re SQ 1/2... the 744 will be phased out on January 12. No 380 (a likely victim of the economic downturn) but 77W service starts January 12.

So two daily 77Ws from SFO with the all new First and Business class seats... not good for award travel but great news for RTW and other A class travelers.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Absolutely super trip report! ^^
Agreed. Excellent Report
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:36 pm

As I am waiting for my flight in F on SQ 866 from SIN-HKG I re read this report.. It truly is incredible.. thanks...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW4
As I am waiting for my flight in F on SQ 866 from SIN-HKG I re read this report.. It truly is incredible.. thanks...
Thanks, but you're really making me jealous... I'm starting to suffer from acute SQ withdrawal. Enjoy your flight this afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.