Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG-SFO First Class with pics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ylwae
JFK-FRA is still operated by the 744, so it's unlikely the seats were installed within the past year or so. Not sure about the smoking.
Look at the pics of the seats, and you should be able to tell that they are the new ones
Old Jul 12, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_lj
Look at the pics of the seats, and you should be able to tell that they are the new ones
If by "new ones" you mean the ones in the 77W, these are definitely not new. Have a look at this picture from the OP:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/...60596049ce.jpg

then go to SQ's website and have a look at what's in the 77W.

Edited to add: Actually, here's the link.

Last edited by ylwae; Jul 12, 2008 at 7:38 pm Reason: link added
Old Jul 12, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Those are definitely the old Sky Suite seats on the B744. No new F or J on the 744.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:23 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Mofomat
Erm, I would guess because his dad lives in New York as it says he met him in the VS Clubhouse?

Also, if he started in SFO he would have to end the trip in JFK so what difference would it make?
It wouldn't be possible to start the journey in SFO, as the regulation for the fare says that all flights has to be on SQ metal. SFO does not have any SQ east-bound flights. That can only be done from New York.

Looking forward to the rest of the report though!

That price you are quoting, is that also valid for travel in Suites on the 380/77W? Can you make stopovers (like SIN-BKK-SIN), or is it only directly flights?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
wrong they have flights from SFO.... with the 77W to ICN... and then to SIN. SQ15 all the way

no valid for suites....
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by akdude
Great report and pics,can't wait for next segments.I've flown CX 1st before, I can't wait to fly SQ.I'm wondering why you didn't start with SQ in SFO?
Are you going to get any flights on the 380.Did you purchase trip on SQ website?
Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly.
Sorry for the delay, back on the ground and a place where Wi-Fi works.

I started in NY since I prefer the eastbound schedules, and my dad lives on the east coast.

Unfortunately no 380, as they don't have A class and don't offer surcharge option.

The SQ website can't handle this type of fare, so you'll need to call.
If you want to book this, call one of the local sales offices in SF, LA or NY... not the 800 and India. I used Leah in the SFO office... she was great.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"Sure the seats are old, the decor dated, boring and monochromatic brown, and there seems to be a lingering "smoke" smell from the days when smoking was allowed (kind of like a hotel room that was at one time a smoking room that never can shed the odor), but that was quickly forgotten as the pampering and libations began... personal welcomes, jacket hanging, luggage stowing, magazines, newspapers, Dom, PJs, amenity kit, more Dom, socks, eyeshades, Bose headsets and more Dom."

BTW those are basically brand new seats(within the last year or so) smoking has never been a feature of these seats.
This was an old 744 and the seats sure looked old to me.
As for the smoking, you can change the seat but the smoke smell stays in the walls, ceiling etc forever.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
That price you are quoting, is that also valid for travel in Suites on the 380/77W? Can you make stopovers (like SIN-BKK-SIN), or is it only directly flights?
Not valid on the 380, but yes on the 77W Suites in A. We just arrived in SIN on a 77W from ZRH... more babbling about that one above.

My understanding is that you have to generally keep going in the same direction, with the exception of Europe, where you can backtrack on your own to pick up another SQ fight. The big restriction is that you can't visit the same city twice (even SIN) even if its just a connection.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesaddict
wrong they have flights from SFO.... with the 77W to ICN... and then to SIN. SQ15 all the way

no valid for suites....
True for J, but not for the F RTW where the only restriction is the 380.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 5:39 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Oh.. I thought that on the RTW ticket (star alliance not SQ only) you were not entitled to fly 77W... you a first class star alliance RTW you can fly 77W... very good !!!

I love your report btw, keep going !!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Great report, brings back memories of my SQ F (JFK-FRA-SIN) flight in 2005 to the SIN-DO And yes, those were the same seats I had 3 years ago. The lobster looked great, I too had pre-ordered it via BTC, but unfortunately they didn't load it in JFK, so I had to 'make do' with the regular menu. And while I found the food served in general 'good'-- not great, my best memory was of the bed they made up for me on the FRA-SIN route which was by far one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in --- on land or air
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
It wouldn't be possible to start the journey in SFO, as the regulation for the fare says that all flights has to be on SQ metal. SFO does not have any SQ east-bound flights. That can only be done from New York.
I know SQ doesn't have any flights eastbound from SFO.

Who says you cannot go SFO-ICN-SIN-FRA-JFK?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:30 am

Thanks for an interesting trip report. I hope you father is enjoying the trip.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Mofomat
I know SQ doesn't have any flights eastbound from SFO.

Who says you cannot go SFO-ICN-SIN-FRA-JFK?
Off course you can go that route. My point was that you can not start in SFO if you will go eastbound as SQ does not have any eastbound route out of SFO.

Anybody know what the price would be if you start this trip from Europe? And how much is the price in Business Class?

BFN
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camsean
Thanks for an interesting trip report. I hope you father is enjoying the trip.
Yes thanks, he's having a great time, especially in SIN.

Hope my mom doesn't see this!

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 21, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.