Search

Singapore JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG-SFO First Class with pics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
Off course you can go that route. My point was that you can not start in SFO if you will go eastbound as SQ does not have any eastbound route out of SFO.

Anybody know what the price would be if you start this trip from Europe? And how much is the price in Business Class?

BFN
The First to Business Class differential was not that much, about $1,400.

From the US,
First US$6,699*
Business US$5,299*
Economy US$2,266*
*Plus tax and fuel surcharge which amounted to about 7% on mine.

Here is the link to the US one...
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...otions/rtw.jsp
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Great trip report!!! One question, can you make stop overs along the way? FRA, BKK, HKG etc?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Seems like a fantastic trip! Do you know how long the ticket is valid for? 1 year?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:35 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Wonderful report, SQ F looks simply amazing. ^
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Great trip report!!! One question, can you make stop overs along the way? FRA, BKK, HKG etc?
Unlimited stopovers theoretically, but the SQ rules are pretty restrictive so you're probably limited to 4 or 5 max, as long as you keep going in the same direction. The big restriction is that you can't visit the same city twice (even SIN) even for a connection... so once you've stopped or connected in SIN, you can't go back. I believe SQ has a BKK-NRT NS so you could do JFK-FRA-BKK (connecting in SIN)-NRT-LAX.

SQ's local US sales offices are the best to test and help you on a potential itinerary. DO NOT call the 800 number... goes to India and that call center is pretty much useless for this type of fare, even if you can understand them.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 15, 2008 at 2:50 am
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slickalick
Seems like a fantastic trip! Do you know how long the ticket is valid for? 1 year?
3 months max on this fare. The *A RTW is 12 months but it costs a lot more than the special FEZSQ fare.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
How could anyone go back to Y (or maybe even J) after seeing the wonderful F class

But then I'm a sucker for SIN hostesses that I'd fly Y if I have to
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you Singapore Airlines!

Now back home and have finished posting the last of the trip leg reports.

It was a great trip and one that we will both remember forever. On a personal note, Dad and I shared a lot of memories and laughs, and enjoyed more time together than we had in 35+ years, ever since I left for college and never moved back close to home. For all those in the same boat, I would heartily recommend it. My Mom arrived yesterday for a couple of days, so they both can see their new great grand-daughters (one here in SF, the other in LA) for the first time.

I would like to thank all the people of Singapore Airlines for making our trip so enjoyable. Although I had heard and read about this legendary carrier, it is not until you experience it first hand can you understand how special it is.

I am so thoroughly and utterly impressed with Singapore Airlines... the incredible inflight service and the people of SQ. I can't wait to return for another memorable experience and on the 380 which replaces the 744 on SIN-HKG-SFO in a few months.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 21, 2008 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by SFO777
I can't wait to return for another memorable experience and on the 380 which replaces the 744 on SIN-HKG-SFO in a few months.
Hi SFO777.

From where did you hear that the SQ1/SQ2 (SIN-HKG-SFO) will be replaced by the 380? If I booked the RTW now in A on this route and later they switch equipment from 747 to 380, will I luck out? I hope they won't bump me down to J, they would bump me up to R, wouldn't they? I'm excited now.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Hi SFO777.

From where did you hear that the SQ1/SQ2 (SIN-HKG-SFO) will be replaced by the 380? If I booked the RTW now in A on this route and later they switch equipment from 747 to 380, will I luck out? I hope they won't bump me down to J, they would bump me up to R, wouldn't they? I'm excited now.
SQ1-SQ2 seem to be high on the list of the next 744-380 upgrade based on discussion in the Singapore forum, with timing pending delivery schedules. Senior SQ FAs on my recent RTW told me "by the end of the year" and my SFO sales rep told me "end of the year or early next year". While this is certainly not hard proof, someone is giving them a general time frame and the chatter would seem to point to a switch sooner than later.

A possible "free bump" from A to R is also discussed in the Singapore forum. Based on actual experience, it would appear that those who have booked an A class seat prior to an announced equipment change have been grandfathered and bumped to R on the 380. I don't recall reading a post where someone was denied an R seat in this situation. Once the equipment change is announced and in the system, you are SOL. You may want to check out those threads.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 21, 2008 at 4:26 pm
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by SFO777
SQ1-SQ2 seem to be high on the list of the next 744-380 upgrade based on discussion in the Singapore forum, with timing pending delivery schedules. Senior SQ FAs on my recent RTW told me "by the end of the year" and my SFO sales rep told me "end of the year or early next year". While this is certainly not hard proof, someone is giving them a general time frame and the chatter would seem to point to a switch sooner than later.

A possible "free bump" from A to R is also discussed in the Singapore forum. Based on actual experience, it would appear that those who have booked an A class seat prior to an announced equipment change have been grandfathered and bumped to R on the 380. I don't recall reading a post where someone was denied an R seat in this situation. Once the equipment change is announced and in the system, you are SOL. You may want to check out those threads.
I see. Thanks. I'm new to the SQ forum. I will check out more on this forum and learn more. But thank you. I will book the first RTW for early July next year. So in 2 weeks, I will be able to make the bookings. Hopefully they will issue the tickets before they announce the change of equipment.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA AA DL Hilton blah, blah, blah
Congratulations on a fabulous trip. My father only lived to be 57 yrs old. To hear the phase "your father is already here (in the lounge) and having a martini" is priceless.

Well Done !!! ^^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
What a fantastic report on a truly superb journey^

How nice of you to let your father tag along

Do get any miles on such a trip?? And do you know if you have to live in the US to be able to buy this fare??

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Phenomenal Trip Report. Well done!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks ALCO, and for helping me with my embedded pics coding! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.