Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I was on a LHR-MCT-LHR turnaround a couple of nights ago and needed my return BP issued at MCT (complications with AA code on the BA flight.) The very nice transit desk lady (an Omani Airports employee, not a BA contract person) said something to the effect that I should spend some time in Muscat in the future since it's a nice place. I figured I could be frank with her and said, "Well, what about those Israeli stamps in my passport?" (which she could see if she wanted.)

"Oh I don't know if that's still a problem or not. Just get a second passport like everyone else does. It's not hard, you know."

So verdict is out on Oman. But at least they're realistic and straight about it.
I am not getting a second passport. If you don't like the Israeli stamps in my first passport, well then there are plenty of other places for me to visit.
Old May 14, 2008, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
LH691 thanks for the info. I have been reading numerous reports that asking Israeli immigration to not stamp your passport is unpredictable. they sometime listen and sometime ignore, which absolutely baffles me.
Why does it baffle you? I mean, what if a traveler landed at JFK and requested that the immigration officer didn't stamp his passport? What kind of response do you think he'd get? My guess is that he'd get a nice, big, well-inked, highly visible stamp.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
It's not uncommon for countries to put restrictions on travel to and from other countries. For quite some time the US used to mark all passports it issued with "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL TO NORTH KOREA, CUBA, IRAN" or whoever else was in its bad books at the time. US citizens returning with evidence of travel to these countries could have their passports revoked or other penalties imposed.
Old May 18, 2008, 5:44 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by KSinNYC
I am not getting a second passport. If you don't like the Israeli stamps in my first passport, well then there are plenty of other places for me to visit.
You can asked at immigration, that they insert a blank sheet and stamp on it. So the passport didn´t get stamped and you don´t have problems visiting other countries.
Old May 19, 2008, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Umm... India is very happy to issue "additional booklets" to facilitate travel to Israel and the Middle East countries. Perhaps the frontline RPO babudom in India itself may not be quite familiar with the need, but I've had absolutely no problem getting additional booklets issues at Indian Embassies abroad. Indeed, I've held as many as 5 simultaneously valid Indian passports at various points in time.
Explains to me, please? What is your suggestion questions where I can expected entrance the countries. I don't understands why I am not allowed entrance into DXB. They won't let you into DXB with Israeli stamp. It's restrictions in the Arabs countries. They will forced you deported back where came from your original countries instead of DXB, AUH, DOH, KWI, JED, and along others middle eastern.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by KSinNYC
Why does it baffle you? I mean, what if a traveler landed at JFK and requested that the immigration officer didn't stamp his passport? What kind of response do you think he'd get? My guess is that he'd get a nice, big, well-inked, highly visible stamp.
Because LH691 mentioned that it was easy to request an officer to not stamp the passport. Why it baffles me? Because when they clearly have a provision to avoid stamping the passport and they know the difficulties of having a stamp, then they purposely stamping a passport is baffling. Its not the same case as JFK.
Old May 19, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
I always, and IMO quite politely, asked for a separate sheet in TLV, and routinely received it, except once. I was subsequently PNG'd by the Omani consulate when I was seeking a visa. That necessitated a second PP. which I resubmitted to the consulate and was granted a visa. All application info was the same, except for the PP number, issue date and authority.

I've also cleared immigration in KUL with the Israeli stamp w/o problems.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by LH691
And if you really do want to visit Jerusalem still be able to go someday to Riyadh as well, for example, many countries (such as Canada, the UK, and Singapore) do issue very easily a second passport for their citizens, which states "valid for Israel only" (since the problem would be the israeli stamp when you want to visit Saudi Arabia, and not the other way around).
Originally Posted by LH691
Well, I stand corrected. I know that most "second passports" have that statement, but I might be wrong regarding the British one.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Also not true for NZ. While second passports are difficult to obtain (require special ministry permission) they are just the same as a normal passport.

Oh, and some people may have multiple passports because of official duties - eg a personal passport and a diplomatic one.
The US also issues second passports for purposes other than traveling to Israel. For example, if you are abroad (or need to travel abroad in the meantime) and you also need to send your passport to an embassy/consulate to receive a visa for another country, you can receive a second passport (e.g. working in France, and you need a Nigerian visa from their embassy/consulate in the states). I have seen several co-workers passports issued for this purpose, and these have no notation of validatity for named countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.