Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 7:10 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I was on a LHR-MCT-LHR turnaround a couple of nights ago and needed my return BP issued at MCT (complications with AA code on the BA flight.) The very nice transit desk lady (an Omani Airports employee, not a BA contract person) said something to the effect that I should spend some time in Muscat in the future since it's a nice place. I figured I could be frank with her and said, "Well, what about those Israeli stamps in my passport?" (which she could see if she wanted.)

"Oh I don't know if that's still a problem or not. Just get a second passport like everyone else does. It's not hard, you know."

So verdict is out on Oman. But at least they're realistic and straight about it.
Old May 8, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
From http://projectvisa.com/countryinfo.asp?countrycode=il

Having an Israel stamp in your passport may stop you from entering;
Algeria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sudan, UAE and Yemen.

Although other site says UAE is fine.

Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong are OK. My friend has the stamp on his passport and he travelled to these places last year w/o issues. I am not sure about Indonesia, but looks like they're fine too.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by adamak
From http://projectvisa.com/countryinfo.asp?countrycode=il

Having an Israel stamp in your passport may stop you from entering;
Algeria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sudan, UAE and Yemen.

Although other site says UAE is fine.

Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong are OK. My friend has the stamp on his passport and he travelled to these places last year w/o issues. I am not sure about Indonesia, but looks like they're fine too.
Dubai and Bali are generally ok. The rest of the UAE and Indonesia may be another matter.
Old May 8, 2008, 11:44 am

from what ive heard from people been to israel and other middle eastern countries after the israeli trip is that israeli immigration will gladly place a stamp on a piece of paper and then staple that into the passport. you can then take it off when you exit israel and there is no record of you visiting israel.

i know for a fact that none of the UAE Emirates will let you enter with an israeli stamp, no, not even Dubai.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by emmpee
ASL is not English. So somebody whose primary language is ASL may not be very "fluent" in English.
I'm sorry, but this is still very confusing. I understand that American Sign Language is used in lieu of speaking. What does that have to do with reading and writing?
Old May 8, 2008, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BulletHead

i know for a fact that none of the UAE Emirates will let you enter with an israeli stamp, no, not even Dubai.
Given my own experiences with Dubai and Israeli stamps in the passport, I wonder when your fact applies and when it doesn't now -- it used to be the way you mention but not as of late.
Old May 8, 2008, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I'm sorry, but this is still very confusing. I understand that American Sign Language is used in lieu of speaking. What does that have to do with reading and writing?
While ASL has English (American) words, the syntax and grammar are different. It is a distinct language - indeed there are various versions of sign language around the world that are distinct from each other too (eg NZSL). This is way OT for the thread.
Old May 8, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
While ASL has English (American) words, the syntax and grammar are different. It is a distinct language - indeed there are various versions of sign language around the world that are distinct from each other too (eg NZSL). This is way OT for the thread.
If you feel it's off-topic, you could have PM'ed me.

I asked a genuinely sincere question the answer of which surely interested at least one other participant here. Your response, sad to say, does nothing to clear things up for either of us.
Old May 8, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BulletHead
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
So verdict is out on Oman.
I traveled to Dubai and Oman last year, with Israeli stamps clearly in my passport and had no problems entering.
Old May 8, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Originally Posted by 797-3
Malaysian citizen can't or find it hard to go into Israel. Don't know why. I don't know about stamps. When entering Malaysia a few times, they didn't look at the stamps but I did not have an Israeli stamp.
On the SIN-KUL overnight train my compartment-mate showed me his Malaysian passport. Second or third page said "This passport valid for travel to all countries except:" Center of the page said "Israel."

The guy told me that it that page used to be full of countries in the Soviet bloc, back in the day.
Old May 8, 2008, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BDA shorts
On the SIN-KUL overnight train my compartment-mate showed me his Malaysian passport. Second or third page said "This passport valid for travel to all countries except:" Center of the page said "Israel."

The guy told me that it that page used to be full of countries in the Soviet bloc, back in the day.
There are still (older) Indian passports around that had the same kind of restriction but about no travel to Israel and South Africa -- and the restrictions were still being listed on valid passports even after normalized relations were in play between the relevant countries and the restrictions were no longer applicable. In practical terms, it's up to the hosting country to determine what they will and will not accept in terms of foreign passports.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
As a US citizen with a US passport with an Israeli stamp in it you should have no issue entering (assuming you have appropriate visas is applicable):

Thailand
Singapore
Hong Kong
China
South Korea
Japan
Australia
Fiji
New Zealand
Cook Islands
Anywhere in the EU (including but not limited to:Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Switzerland, U.K, Ireland, Iceland, Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Sweden, Demark)

I can't answer for the other countries.

Sounds like an awesome trip!
Old May 8, 2008, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
add India, Russia, South America, Central America.
Old May 8, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

I need give me a review for which countries that we are allowed with Israeli stamp. Some of those countries they don't allowed go entrance into Middle Eastern or Libya. Could you please give me those good lists for which good country that we go there instead of DXB, Iran, Iraq, KWI and many other middle eastern cities. I need to do understands that we are allowed flying to SIN, KUL, SYD, PEK, PVG, NRT, ICN, BKK, HKG, CAN, and some of mostly European can allowed with Israeli stamp. If you guys to do posts for good opportunity where exactly can go there. What about African can be allowed go there, too. Thanks all.

Regards
Shouldn't the question be which countries do not allow? The countries that do not allow entrance with an Israeli stamp is smaller then the ones that do allow.
Old May 8, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
I'd like a good list of "do not allow" countries. That would be my list of countries I wouldn't want to ever visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.