Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by GUWonder
For US citizens with a second ordinary passport, all you have to do is look at the issue date and expiration date to soon figure out whether the passport is likely to be a secondary passport (or even a provisionary one).
Then use that one to enter Israel, and your primary for the other nasties.
Old May 7, 2008, 5:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pickles
Then use that one to enter Israel, and your primary for the other nasties.
Yes, but you should see what they sometimes do at TLV on exit when that is done -- especially if the primary US passport is not/not still in the passenger's possession.
Old May 7, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
my personal experience

I have personally entered both Egypt and Jordan with Israeli stamps in my American passport, in 2005. Both these countries have regular border crossings with Israel.

On that trip, we flew EWR-TLV, then SDV-ETH with Israel. We crossed by land into Egypt (only as far at Sinai), then took the ferry from Nuweibah to Aqaba, Jordan. After a week in Jordan, we crossed by land into Israel. We were asked some questions each time we crossed, but nothing unusual. The toughest questioning came at TLV when we flew home to EWR - Israeli security wanted to know all about Egypt and Jordan, but again, it was nothing I couldn't answer to their satisfaction in a few minutes.

A side note:

Since that trip, I've been to the UK twice and Canada several times (by car and by plane). It was only in December 2007 that any border guard asked about all these stamps - and it was USCBP at Niagara Falls! He wanted to know why I "do a lot of travel in the Middle East." I explained those were all from one tourist trip, and so forth, and of course I was allowed to come in without further fanfare.
Old May 7, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Yes, but you should see what they sometimes do at TLV on exit when that is done -- especially if the primary US passport is not/not still in the passenger's possession.
Which is?
Old May 7, 2008, 7:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Which is?
.... question further, rummage through and "tear apart" more of that which is in possession.
Old May 7, 2008, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by The Bees Knees
Whereas for UK citizens there is no difference between the two ^^
Depends on the circumstances. I have 3 (!) valid UK passports.

One is marked "second passport" inside - typed. the 3rd and newest passport doesn't have this.
Old May 7, 2008, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My understanding is that customs in Israel can stamp a separate form or piece of paper which you then hold onto until the end of the trip. Is this no longer the case?

Mike
Old May 7, 2008, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
My understanding is that customs in Israel can stamp a separate form or piece of paper which you then hold onto until the end of the trip. Is this no longer the case?

Mike
Don't know about customs, but the immigration folk generally will stamp a piece of paper if you ask nicely.

However this is a bit of a waste of time if you don't either fly into Israel (and out again) or cross via the King Hussein Bridge (and back again) as you will have evidence of a border crossing into or out of Israel in your passport.

Note also that if you cross at the King Hussein Bridge into Israel you must return the same way otherwise you will have an entry stamp into Jordan but no exit stamp, which the countries that bar entry to people who've been to Israel will spot immediately
Old May 7, 2008, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Indeed. A couple of years ago when I visited Malaysia just a few days after visiting Israel (on different tickets) I was advised by a Malaysian FTer to be sure that Israel stamps a separate piece of paper and not my passport. They certainly spent a while thumbing through my passport looking.
I keep hearing this canard, but I've never heard of anybody actually having problems with Israeli stamps in a passport when entering Malaysia. A former passport of mine had very prominent Israeli stamps right on the first visa page, and I used it to enter Malaysia a dozen times with no problems whatsoever. Indonesia is also no problem at all.

And yes, Israeli citizens find it difficult to enter Malaysia -- but for legitimate business purposes, it's not hard to get the foreign ministry approval for the visa.

Last edited by jpatokal; May 7, 2008 at 11:12 am Reason: +indo
Old May 7, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by TiggBro
Hi Roundtheworld,

N830 posts via American Sign Language, so the syntax sometimes comes out a little garbled. S/he is in the Delta forum a good bit - you can usually get the gist of the message if you read it a couple times. I think the question is whether there are specific countries that will be problematic if there's an Israeli stamp in N830's passport. I know it's been an issue for some of our company reps when traveling in the Muslim Middle East countries, but we don't have any experience with African countries, Muslim or otherwise. Hopefully someone else on the forum will have more insight than I do.
How does this exactly work? I know what sign language is. But if you can make signs with your fingers, why can't you use the keyboard to type in English?
Old May 7, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
.... question further, rummage through and "tear apart" more of that which is in possession.

I get all of that anyways as someone of Arab/Christian descent. For me the only reason to get a 2nd passport would be to enter other countries that wouldn't allow me to with the dozens of Israeli stamps in my sole passport.
Old May 7, 2008, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
How does this exactly work? I know what sign language is. But if you can make signs with your fingers, why can't you use the keyboard to type in English?
ASL is not English. So somebody whose primary language is ASL may not be very "fluent" in English.
Old May 7, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
malaysia can be a problem, they are tough on the stamps afaik.
I don't have any Israeli stamps in my passport, but I've been to Malaysia several times and don't recall any scrutiny of stamps in my passport.

Entry and Exit at KUL has always been smooth and fast. I've always used the "diplomatic lanes" (I forget the exact wording of the signs) as those are open to premium passengers on Malaysia Airlines. The FA's provide a "fast track" type voucher before landing in KUL to use those lanes. Upon departure, the ticket agent provides you with one for exit Immigration.

Speaking of Malaysia, the only country that has taken an interest in my Malaysia entry/exit stamps (of all the stamps in my passport) is Japan where I was questioned about my Malaysia entry/exit stamps, what I did in Malaysia, etc.
Old May 7, 2008, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Could you please clarify something to me about which specific country that I am allowed entrance Africa, Middle Eastern, Asia or Europe? I am US citizen but, I am not Israeli citizen. Could you please clearly something for me to put onto the listed that I am allowance entrance the country with Israeli stamp instead of Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates and many other middle eastern.

What about countries that I will go there to Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Switzerland, U.K, Ireland, Iceland, Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Sweden, Demark, Russia, Keiv and Central Africa, too.

Now, which countries does not allowed entrance into Africa, Asia, South America, or Middle East. Could you please put on those listed for me if I am not allowed enter the country. Because it's restrictions some of country is Libya, Syria, Iran, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Kenya, and many others specific country is not permitted with Israeli stamp. Thank you for your cooperation for your good advice where I can visits some of specific good country. Thanks all. I am really appreciated it from your concerns about good opportunity where I can go there.

Regards
Old May 7, 2008, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Other than the Israel issue already identified, you should be fine with all the others. Is this going to be one big (very big) trip, or are you just exploring lots of options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.