Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
this would help so many potential tourists from india and other countries that require a visa before flying to israel. many indians work in the middle east and cannot afford to have a stamp in their passport. now the only way to do that is to go through some special and expensive program in jordan.
Umm... India is very happy to issue "additional booklets" to facilitate travel to Israel and the Middle East countries. Perhaps the frontline RPO babudom in India itself may not be quite familiar with the need, but I've had absolutely no problem getting additional booklets issues at Indian Embassies abroad. Indeed, I've held as many as 5 simultaneously valid Indian passports at various points in time.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It is worth pointing out that all of my second Uk passports have had no such endorsement on them. They are full 10 year documents usable anywhere. None of my colleagues with a second passport have such a statement either.
Well, I stand corrected. I know that most "second passports" have that statement, but I might be wrong regarding the British one.
Old May 11, 2008, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LH691
Well, I stand corrected. I know that most "second passports" have that statement, but I might be wrong regarding the British one.
Also not true for NZ. While second passports are difficult to obtain (require special ministry permission) they are just the same as a normal passport.

Oh, and some people may have multiple passports because of official duties - eg a personal passport and a diplomatic one.
Old May 11, 2008, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

Out of the 245 countries/territories/independent states in the world today, only the following countries will probably not allow admittance to someone whose passport is stamped with an Israeli stamp:
Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen.
I stand by my original comment. And pretty clear I am not missing much (though I hear Lebanon has some nice beaches )
Old May 11, 2008, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I stand by my original comment. And pretty clear I am not missing much (though I hear Lebanon has some nice beaches )
To each his own choices. Syria, Yemen and Sudan are quite fascinating countries -- albeit the latter has enough problems right now that flying into the capital has greater issues than just some visa stamps from other countries.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:14 pm

You can enter Kuwait with an Israeli stamp in your passport.

However, Lebanon are strict (and yes, they have an AMAZING coastline). A Laos stamp in my passport really confused a BEY immigration official last weekend - and to be fair, it looked like Hebrew... a bit... if you'd never really paid close attention.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:19 pm

Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil, Rayong, Thailand, USA, Florida, NY and California
Programs: American Platinum Lifetime, Starwood Gold, United, Krisflyer, Delta, Lufthansa, Thai, Int. Avenger
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Oh and all of the EU - somehow since Germany had something to do with the last World War they are pretty friendly to Israelis ...

Is that really necessary??
Old May 12, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by UA Fan
malaysia can be a problem, they are tough on the stamps afaik.
YMMV. I am a US citizen who was born in Israel (thereby making me an Israeli citizen as well, but that's not the point). My passport states where I was born (Israel).

I entered/departed Malaysia on two separate occasions last month, with no comment from any of the four agents who reviewed my passport. I did not feel as though they're looking for the Israeli Connection too much...
Old May 13, 2008, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Oh and all of the EU - somehow since Germany had something to do with the last World War they are pretty friendly to Israelis ...
I doubt that's the reason. And even if it were, it wouldn't account for any "friendliness" in countries that were uninvolved. But it seems an unnecessary comment to me...
Old May 13, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Originally Posted by 797-3
Malaysian citizen can't or find it hard to go into Israel. Don't know why. I don't know about stamps. When entering Malaysia a few times, they didn't look at the stamps but I did not have an Israeli stamp.
If I recall correctly the Malaysian passport has the following wording imprinted on it "This Passport Valid For All Countries Except : Israel"

There should not be an issue if your passport is stamped, but you cannot obviously enter Israel with a Malaysian passport due to some "diplomatic issues."
Old May 14, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by bostonbali
YMMV. I am a US citizen who was born in Israel (thereby making me an Israeli citizen as well, but that's not the point). My passport states where I was born (Israel).

I entered/departed Malaysia on two separate occasions last month, with no comment from any of the four agents who reviewed my passport. I did not feel as though they're looking for the Israeli Connection too much...
Agreed. I flew into KUL about 90 minutes ago, and there was no comment on the Israeli stamps or the presence of Israeli security stickers on the back of my (NZ) passport.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I wonder if President Bush will be hassled when he arrives in Saudi Arabia with Israeli stamps on his official passport?

As reported by airsecurity.com:

U.S. President George W. Bush arrived on 14 May 2008 in Israel, where he will meet with Israeli leaders. Israeli officials have announced that strict security measures will be implemented during the three-day trip. After Bush arrived at Ben Gurion International Airport (LLBG/TLV) in Tel Aviv, he was transported via helicopter to Givat Ram stadium in Jerusalem, from where he traveled to the King David Hotel (where he will be staying). Other high-profile persons will be staying at the Inbal Hotel. * * * Bush is scheduled to travel on 16 May to Saudi Arabia, where he will meet with King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud at his private farm. Bush is expected to address such issues as the current high oil prices, but will also commemorate the 75th anniversary of the establishment of relations between Saudi Arabia and the U.S. No specific security measures for this leg of the trip have been announced. Protests against the visit are not expected.

Last edited by Boraxo; May 14, 2008 at 11:05 am Reason: missing info
Old May 14, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Do presidents get their passports stamped?
Old May 14, 2008, 1:16 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
And if you really do want to visit Jerusalem still be able to go someday to Riyadh as well, for example, many countries (such as Canada, the UK, and Singapore) do issue very easily a second passport for their citizens, which states "valid for Israel only" (since the problem would be the israeli stamp when you want to visit Saudi Arabia, and not the other way around).
These passports are not connected to your main passport in any way, and no one can ever know that you have one at home.
So people who travel over the land border are screwed? You'd have to use the 2nd passport to enter/exit Egypt and/or Jordan, otherwise the first passport would have evidence of travel to Israel.

Originally Posted by bostonbali
YMMV. I am a US citizen who was born in Israel (thereby making me an Israeli citizen as well, but that's not the point).
That does not follow. AFAIK being born in Israel does not make you an Israeli citizen. Therefore birth in Israel is not evidence (well, proof) of Israeli citizenship.
Old May 14, 2008, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A pity, as noted above they are all interesting destinations in their own right. Iran, Syria, Libya and Yemen have world class heritage sights and many charming, friendly people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.