Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hotel Rate Miscommunication/Fraud - Any Recourse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Rate Miscommunication/Fraud - Any Recourse?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Elizabeth W.
I also had a similar situation in Vegas. A group of us rented several rooms at a hotel just a block or two off the strip. We each paid ~$47 for the room. The rack rate on the door was over $700!
Check to see what that hotel costs on New Year's Eve -- that's likely the rate posted on the door.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
They would have comped me the same suite for New Year's Eve 1999/2000 but I ultimately decided to go elsewhere, although I stayed in the very same suite a few days before. Anyhoo, here are (not very big) pix from 2001 if anyone is interested. I remembered the internet price wrong. Apparently the price through the web site for non gamblers was $79 a night, not $67. The mind is the first to go...

http://peachfront.diaryland.com/ti01flashbk.html

The review is dated, but I do have a photo of that hilarious price on the door. $1,100 a night -- plus $25 per extra person? Sheesh, that's chintzy!

Last edited by peachfront; Jul 17, 2007 at 7:17 pm Reason: more info
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lewisc
If the OP is still following this thread...What happens when you try to book this property on the web? Is the rate per person? Is the rate similar to what you wound up paying?

I think you'd have more grounds to complain (credit card dispute) if the hotel normally quotes a per room price.
Good question - when I tried this property, the rate for a single adult is 190 Euro, for two it goes up to 254.

For anyone who's interested, the property in question is the Clarion Hotel Randles Court, and of course I'll never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

I was interested in how the Choice Hotels group quotes room rates so I checked eight additional hotels in Ireland - 2 in Cork, 1 in Galway, 1 in Kilarney, and 4 in Dublin. Out of 9 hotels total, the one I stayed at in Kilarney is the ONLY one that quotes per-person and not per-room.

I've filed a complaint with a very nice lady from their support desk and will call back tomorrow to find out what the next step(s) is/are.

Thanks to everyone for the information and advice! I've learned a valuable lesson, and I hope this can serve as a warning to others, even if it appears to be a fluke with this particular hotel and not peculiar to Choice Hotels or Irish hotels in general.

Sean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.