Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Can't remember protocol- show boarding passes/IDs

in addition to the cards? Been awhile since I've used my PP.

Will be transiting LHR T3 with two cousins; both SO and I have PP, so I was considering bringing both PP cards and paying for the 3rd. Bending the rules, yes, but the lounge will still get their reimbursement.

Any similar experiences?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
There seems to be a discrepancy between the loungest listed at prioritypass.com and the lounges listed in the iPhone mobile app. At ORD, the website lists

3 UA clubs in T1
1 UA club in T2
Swiss Lounge in T5
Generic Lounge in T5

The iPhone app lists (and yes, I updated the data by selecting "Download Lounge Data") only:

Swiss Lounge in T5
The C16 UA club in T1

I honestly don't know if the other lounges have been added recently or were always there, since I pretty much only rely on the iPhone mobile app to tell me where the PP lounges are. I only checked the website on a lark since I'll be through ORD this week.

Not sure why this discrepancy exists but it's disappointing to see incorrect information since a lounge that participates but is not listed is effectively the same as a lounge that doesn't participate.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:17 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
priority pass las vegas

I received an email from Priority Pass, that the United Lounge is now (back) in the PP system. It was dated June 13, 2012--has anyone used it?
Lounge Information
Airport: Las Vegas (NV) - McCarran International (LAS), Terminal 1

Lounge: UNITED CLUB
Location: Airside - from the main terminal, take the train to the D-Gates and go up a level via the elevator. Proceed past Gate D-33 on the right hand side of the concourse and take the elevator up to the 3rd Level where the Lounge is located.

Opening Hours: 05:30 - 00:30 daily. Hours are subject to change.

Conditions: Limited to six guests per cardholder - Cardholder must be 21 years of age or older - Each cardholder must present a government issued photo ID along with their valid Priority Pass card upon entry to the Lounge - Non-smoking.

Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge.

Follow-up post, I just read the last "note"--if I received my PP Select, via my AMEX Plat card, am I excluded? [Does financial institution mean banks, brokerage as well as CC?]
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
Follow-up post, I just read the last "note"--if I received my PP Select, via my AMEX Plat card, am I excluded? [Does financial institution mean banks, brokerage as well as CC?]
You certainly will be prevented from using that lounge. The purpose of the Select membership tier is to exclude PP customers who receive their memberships through a CC from using UA lounges.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:48 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 14940674
You certainly will be prevented from using that lounge. The purpose of the Select membership tier is to exclude PP customers who receive their memberships through a CC from using UA lounges.
I am confused:
(1)I was able to access (for free) the Continental Lounge (now UA lounge) at Las Vegas using only my PP(Select) card [on two separate entries prior to 10/31/11] (correction 9/30/11)

(2) At https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass
the "terms and conditions" has the following sentence:
Once enrolled, [Business] Platinum Card members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass Select lounges worldwide on a complimentary basis. Additional Gold Card members are not eligible for complimentary membership.

PS: I have a Business Platinum Amex card.

Last edited by nrr; Jun 25, 2012 at 12:02 am
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
I am confused:
(1)I was able to access (for free) the Continental Lounge (now UA lounge) at Las Vegas using only my PP(Select) card [on two separate entries prior to 10/31/11]

(2) At https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass
the "terms and conditions" has the following sentence:
Once enrolled, [Business] Platinum Card members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass Select lounges worldwide on a complimentary basis. Additional Gold Card members are not eligible for complimentary membership.

PS: I have a Business Platinum Amex card.
Since the lounge in question is a UA lounge, it will not permit entry to those who have Select memberships in Priority Pass. This has been true since 9/30/11, and I would surprised to learn that you were able to access UA lounges using your Priority Pass Select after that date.

Last edited by 14940674; Jun 25, 2012 at 11:37 am
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:05 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since the lounge in question is a UA lounge, it will not permit entry to those who have Select memberships in Priority Pass. This has been true since 9/31/11, and I would surprised to learn that you were able to access UA lounges using your Priority Pass Select after that date.
I corrected the date in my previous post.
The next time I'm in LAS (in Sept.), I'll try to use my PPS card at the UA lounge--the worst that will happen is they will "kick" me out.
PS: September has only 30 days.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by nrr
PS: September has only 30 days.
Nice catch. I'll try to remember that next time.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Thumbs up Number 1 Heathrow Terminal 3 Lounge

A huge thumbs-up for the Number 1 lounge in Heathrow Terminal 3! It's really nice, has showers, friendly staff, and is still open to Priority Pass Select members!

I flew into Terminal 4 (ugh - United) at 6 AM and took the airside shuttle to Terminal 3. Walked back through to Departures, then up to the lounge. Free admission, a wonderful shower, change of clothes, and I was ready for the day.

It's not easy to find this lounge (I missed it twice!) but it's well worth it.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by pedxing
A huge thumbs-up for the Number 1 lounge in Heathrow Terminal 3! It's really nice, has showers, friendly staff, and is still open to Priority Pass Select members!

I flew into Terminal 4 (ugh - United) at 6 AM and took the airside shuttle to Terminal 3. Walked back through to Departures, then up to the lounge. Free admission, a wonderful shower, change of clothes, and I was ready for the day.

It's not easy to find this lounge (I missed it twice!) but it's well worth it.
Were you pleased with the food offerings at the lounge? I understand it to be a buffet arrangement, but I am unsure of the quality of the food.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:50 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just received an email from priority pass; in LAS (Las Vegas), Terminal 1, D gates (airside), they have opened "The Club". The PP (Select) restriction for the United lounge is not listed for this one.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I just received an email from priority pass; in LAS (Las Vegas), Terminal 1, D gates (airside), they have opened "The Club". The PP (Select) restriction for the United lounge is not listed for this one.
I'm don't understand your point, since "The Club" is not operated by UA.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:01 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm don't understand your point, since "The Club" is not operated by UA.
My point is that this lounge just opened, and to others who are not on the pp email list, I posted this to enlighten them of its existence.
[Yes, since it is not a UA lounge it does not have UA's restrictions.]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Just got my renewal PP Select card from Ameriprise World Elite MasterCard, and the accompanying letter talks about Priority Pass discontinuing lounge access to MasterCard and Visa cardholders. I couldn't find anything about that. Does anyone know why?

FWIW, Ameriprise 'has negotiated' a three-year extension, and my new card expires June 2015.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by legalalien
Just got my renewal PP Select card from Ameriprise World Elite MasterCard, and the accompanying letter talks about Priority Pass discontinuing lounge access to MasterCard and Visa cardholders. I couldn't find anything about that. Does anyone know why?

FWIW, Ameriprise 'has negotiated' a three-year extension, and my new card expires June 2015.
I just received the same letter with a card that expires in 2015. But I cancelled my Ameriprise credit card in December 2011. (I only got the card because of my travel schedule last year and wanting to try Priority Pass) So I guess I'll try using the PP card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.