Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Looks like the Plaza Premium Lounge in SIN is pay for alcohol too:

Additional Information: Alcoholic drinks and optional facilities are all subject to payment.
(from the PP website)

And the AA and US lounges in the US are pay for alcohol too, IIRC.

So there are more ...

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I wonder how accurate and up to date that information is? I have been several times to the PP lounge at SIN and alcohol is free there. Unless it has changed this year?

Ditto for the US club which used to be HP clubs. Always free alcohol there, however I haven't used them in over a year so maybe things have changed?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hadn't heard of the Relax club at LAX! If you can get into the Skyteam lounge which does have free booze, why go to Relax?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was killing time and for fun did a search on "alcohol" in the directory and came up with these gems...

AXM - Non-alcoholic drinks and complimentary local rum available

BFS - Only two drinks per person, ya know the Irish.

BLQ - Alcoholic drinks are limited to beer only

BNE (and all the clubs in Oz I think) - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to beer, wine and champagne. I'm pretty sure it ain't real Champagne.

FOC - Dress code applicable - Alcoholic drinks are limited to beer only and consumption is restricted to 1 per person

LHR - KUWAIT AIRWAYS - OASIS LOUNGE - No alcohol period

BOM Intl - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to one per person, subsequent drinks are subject to payment. I know for a fact that no one checks in this club. You can drink all you want as long as you don't make a fool of yourself.

SIN Rainforest - No alcoholic drinks are available for passengers under 18 years of age.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by stimpy
I hadn't heard of the Relax club at LAX! If you can get into the Skyteam lounge which does have free booze, why go to Relax?
I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't go there, but it is landside if one should have time to kill / arrive prior to ticket counter open / waiting for another arriving pax, etc.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have been several times to the PP lounge at SIN and alcohol is free there. Unless it has changed this year?
There are several PP lounges in SIN. IIRC, only one offers complimentary alcohol.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:45 pm

Heres a link for 20% off all Priority Pass options:

http://www.prioritypass.com/HK88DB07
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Anybody know anything about the PP lounges in NCE? There are 2 in each terminal; one dedicated to Schengen flights and another for non-Schengen flights. The Schengen lounge is after security. The non is after immigration.

Any details about convenience (does after immigration mean before security so can't stay in lounge until boarding?) and offerings in the lounge?

TIA
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Was in the Non-Schengen lounge a few months back.

Nothing special. A nice selection of drinks, maybe some fruit and finger food.

It's definitely past security and immigration and was about 20 ft from my gate for the DL flight to JFK.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Anybody know anything about the PP lounges in NCE? There are 2 in each terminal; one dedicated to Schengen flights and another for non-Schengen flights. The Schengen lounge is after security. The non is after immigration.

Any details about convenience (does after immigration mean before security so can't stay in lounge until boarding?) and offerings in the lounge?

TIA
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:20 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Have current PP users been finding that they will renew at the $319 promo price they are offering new members? I signed up last year on with the Freddie discount plus the 2 or 3 additional months on top of the normal 12 and i think it was around 320-330. The renew page is asking for the full 399 for renewal.

Any experiences? I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow about it...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The Freddies offer was explicitly promoted as a one-time signup bonus which reduced the rate by 15% and extended the membership period by 3 months. It was clear from the beginning that renewals would be charged at standard rates. It's highly unlikely that they will extend a renewal at the promo signup rates.

Since the promo seems to be still going on, I would just cancel the renewal and sign up for a new PP at prioritypass.com/freddie08.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:02 pm

CLT Access

I recently found a hidden benefit.

If you have PP through the BOA Accolades card, the CLT US Air lounge will let you in with the Accolades card, since PP is not accepted there.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:32 am

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ayg
Have current PP users been finding that they will renew at the $319 promo price they are offering new members? I signed up last year on with the Freddie discount plus the 2 or 3 additional months on top of the normal 12 and i think it was around 320-330. The renew page is asking for the full 399 for renewal.

Any experiences? I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow about it...
I got my Priority Pass with the Ameriprise card in April. It's annual fee was only $165 and you get the unlimited visits Priority Pass membership...and also got one for my husband for the same $165. I've used it quite a bit and it works fine. I'd recommend that rather than going through the Priority Pass site.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:35 am

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Looking for JFK Priority Pass Lounge recommendations.

I've got a 5 hour layover at JFK next week. Anyone have recommendations for a Priority Pass lounge there? I'm looking at "The Lounge JFK" because of it's long hours and shower. Anyone been there? Would appreciate any thoughts.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:15 am

Frankfurt?

We have nearly 5 hours' transit time in Frankfurt (about 6 am to 11 am), arriving on Cathay and going onto Finnair. I read here on FT that CX's departure lounge also works as arrivals lounge but that it is rather disppointing.

We have priority pass memberships and I see from their site that they have 2 lounges in Frankfurt Club Sky Lounge (T-2) and Admirals (T-1). However, this thread on FT tells us Club Sky Lounge is closed http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...frankfurt.html. Is it likely that PP's site is not uptodate?

Does anyone know what the Club Sky Lounge is like (if it is still in existence)?

In any case, does anyone have experience of Admirals Club at Frankfurt?

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.