Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:12 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
just got my priority pass card and booklet. It shows as lounges the Advantage club lounge and PrimeClass, instead of HSBC and PrimeClass, like their site.

do you guys know which one it is, and which one is better advantage or primeclass.

i found out from the IST website, that its called HSBC Advantage lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
deleted

Last edited by ladyfirst; Jan 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:19 am
fadynaime

Originally Posted by ladyfirst
I have an extra invitation code to obtain a free Standard Priority Pass Membership (US$99 value) and also includes three visits FREE (regular US$27 per visit). After the first three free visits to participating lounges, a fee of just US$27 per person applies.
I already have my PP and want to get rid of this code. PM me if you need one.
wish this came before I purchased my pass. wonder if i can apply this code and get my 99$ refunded to me.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fadynaime
wish this came before I purchased my pass. wonder if i can apply this code and get my 99$ refunded to me.
The offer of the code doesn't mean that you would get it for free.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:33 am
fadynaime

Originally Posted by Tenerife
The offer of the code doesn't mean that you would get it for free.
lol not what I meant. just wondering if I could apply it, and if PP will refund me. then we would discuss the price. lol
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:09 pm

My experiences using PriorityPass

I have used my PP as a non-traveler at SFO where I went to the CO lounge to break up the drive from San Francisco to my home which is 1 hour and it was during rush hour. We parked in the Embassy Suites parking lot in Burlingame and asked the shuttle to drop us at the CO Terminal 1.

The agent just asked for the PP card and Photo IDs and she asked if we were taking a flight. I said we were waiting for passengers from New York and there was no problem using the lounge.

In LA while visiting family I enjoy going to LAX to see the "Big Boys" take off and land. I take the FlyAway Bus for $10 roundtrip to and from Westwood so as not to park at the airport. I go to the Relax lounge in the International Terminal first to see the Airbus 380 and to enjoy a glass of wine or champaign that is included with my PriorityPass card. I just show my ID and PriorityPass Card.

Then I walk over to Terminal 3 where i go to the Alaska Airlines First Class counter and ask for a security pass to access the lounge. I show them my PriorityPass card and ID and it has worked like a charm after the agent has called up to the lounge for verification.

At the Alaska Lounge you can get a seat by the window and watch the daily KLM flight from AMS arrive and depart. You can also see the Air France jet as well.

The next time I am going to try taking the shuttle to Terminal 2 to use the AF Lounge.

So all in all I have not been asked to show my Boarding Pass. The attendants in the lounge remember me and I love chatting with them.

I have met so many nice people in the lounges and I enjoy plane spotting.

The Alaska Lounge gives me their WiFi Code and so does the US Air Lounge with no issues. I can work on my laptop while planespotting.

All in all you can use the lounge as a non-traveler as I have had my father meet me in the lounge after the red-eye flight or before departing.

Hope this helps you.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:36 pm
bha

YYZ, LHR, BOM and DEL lounges

Taking a trip shortly from YYZ-LHR-DEL-BOM-LHR-YYZ

I have looked at the PP lounge choices, and restricted my selections to only lounges that are airside, and only those that are in the terminals I will be travelling through.

I have a choice at YYZ of:
Toronto Pearson Lounge T1
Plaza Premium Lounge T1

LHR:
Servisair Lounge T3
4Deck Lounge T4

DEL:
Plaza Premium Lounge (Lounges A area) T3
Premium Lounge T3
Plaza Premium Lounge (Lounges B area) T3

BOM:
Clipper Lounge 2B
Celebrations Lounge 2C

For those of you that have been to these lounges, any ideas on which option is best for each airport?

At LHR the showers and bathroom is not too important, because I will have a 9hr stopover so I will head to the LHR Hilton for a swim/sauna/shower. But I will be entering the LHR lounge of my choice for probably 6hrs.. so it has to be one that won't kick me out!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
In any case, does anyone have experience of Admirals Club at Frankfurt?
According to the latest newsletter from Priority Pass "The American Airlines Admirals Club in Terminal 1 will close effective 01APR2011"
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: QF, HH
Just wondering, it seems that you pay $99 for a membership, and then a fee on TOP of that for each visit.

But, the prestige membership at $399 (as an Australian anyway, dunno about the other countries), is that a one-off payment with "Free" visits each time, or do you have to keep paying that $399 EVERY year?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Just wondering, it seems that you pay $99 for a membership, and then a fee on TOP of that for each visit.

But, the prestige membership at $399 (as an Australian anyway, dunno about the other countries), is that a one-off payment with "Free" visits each time, or do you have to keep paying that $399 EVERY year?
it's a yearly membership fee so you pay it every year....
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: QF, HH
Ah, I thought so. Well considering I don't fly that much (even though this year is about 16 - 20 flights), I might leave it and stick to a Big M from the regular café!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:30 pm

Question PP in MUC lounge

Not being a frequent flyer, I am considering the PenFedCU Amex that comes with a free PP after $15,000 spent. Flying from IAD-MUC-VCE in Sept and rt FCO-IAD in Oct. Does anyone have experience with the PP in these airports--esp MUC since we have a several hour layover there?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by santafefran
Not being a frequent flyer, I am considering the PenFedCU Amex that comes with a free PP after $15,000 spent. Flying from IAD-MUC-VCE in Sept and rt FCO-IAD in Oct. Does anyone have experience with the PP in these airports--esp MUC since we have a several hour layover there?
There are two PP lounges in MUC - both are located in Terminal 1. If you are using Terminal 2 however, flying with Lufthansa or another Star Alliance partner , there arenīt any PP lounges availiable.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
There are two PP lounges in MUC - both are located in Terminal 1. If you are using Terminal 2 however, flying with Lufthansa or another Star Alliance partner , there arenīt any PP lounges availiable.
Well, that's a bummer--we are flying UA with a connecting flight on LH so no joy there.

Thanks for the post cph_flyer.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:53 am

Donīt know the exact location of these lounges in relation to your flights , but potentially at least , for IAD and FCO you have these lounge options:

IAD:

UNITED RED CARPET CLUB:
Opening Hours: 06:00 - 21:30 daily.

BRITISH AIRWAYS GALLERIES LOUNGE:
Location: Airside - after Security Screening take the train to Concourse B and go up to the Concourse Level where the Lounge is located straight ahead.
Opening Hours: 07:00 - 14:00 daily. Priority Pass cardholders will not be admitted to the Lounge outside these hours.

FCO:
Airport: rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) (FCO), Terminal 3
Lounge: LE ANFORE (BUSINESS CLASS)
Location: Airside - Satellite Area, opposite Gate G12 on the Lower Floor. Sign indicates entrance to Lounge. The Lounge can also be used by passengers departing from Terminals 1, 2 and 5 but will need a minimum allowance of 15 minutes to walk back to departure gates.
Opening Hours: 06:15 - 23:45 daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.