Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For MUC, you can always walk over to Kempinski hotel. It doesn't sound like you have enough time for a day room, but you may want to enjoy the restaurant there or relax in a comfy chair in the lobby. Or I hear they have a nice day spa.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
For MUC, you can always walk over to Kempinski hotel. It doesn't sound like you have enough time for a day room, but you may want to enjoy the restaurant there or relax in a comfy chair in the lobby. Or I hear they have a nice day spa.
Thanks stimpy! Great suggestion. With 3+ hours between flights we will have time for a meal and perhaps a massage. The Kempinski day spa charges 18 Euros for 2 hrs which includes a towel and bathrobe, so at the very least can refresh and refuel.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:06 am

We used the PP in Aruba last Monday. Nice selection of sandwiches and help yourself bar (wine was gallo though!). We didn't show our boarding passes and I asked the attendant if I could bring in food (when it was AA you could not) and she was fine with us getting Nathan's and bringing it in.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
According to the latest newsletter from Priority Pass "The American Airlines Admirals Club in Terminal 1 will close effective 01APR2011"
A new priority pass lounge has opened in the same location:

Quote from newsletter:

"Great news for Priority Pass members traveling from Terminal 1 at Frankfurt Main (FRA) the new LuxxLounge is now open.
Formerly operated as the American Airlines Admirals Club, this spacious lounge is located landside on the Gallery Level, in Departure Hall B/C. "
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Too many
Smile

I've just joined PP as will be doing a lot of OS travel over the next 12 months.

Has anyone been to any of the 3 lounges at Rome FCO? would be interested in knowing which one is nicer after a 20 hour flight!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:27 pm

Thumbs down Lots of complains

http://travel.spotcoolstuff.com/airp...-pass#comments

and my own:

I signed up a few years ago and a couple of months later they lost access to the Delta lounges, which was the reason I joined in the first place. They refused to reimburse me when I complained about that.

Of course, I had not intention to renew the pass, but they had an "automated renewal clause" in their original contract. They billed me $399 and sent the card to a wrong address. I discovered "my membership" months later in my credit card bill and of course, they claim a 30 day return policy and would not give me my money back.

How can these people be honest and sleep at night knowing they took $400 by mistake from someone and granted no services at all? I think that shows what kind of service you can expect from this company....
Old May 11, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
PP Lounge @ NRT

Trying to decide which lounge to use with PP at NRT in Terminal 1 looks like it's IASS TEI or NON PP Delta Sky CLub for me I'm arriving @1700 so I think the KAL lounge is closed
thanks
Old May 16, 2011, 7:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
FCO:
Airport: rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) (FCO), Terminal 3
Lounge: LE ANFORE (BUSINESS CLASS)
Location: Airside - Satellite Area, opposite Gate G12 on the Lower Floor. Sign indicates entrance to Lounge. The Lounge can also be used by passengers departing from Terminals 1, 2 and 5 but will need a minimum allowance of 15 minutes to walk back to departure gates.
Opening Hours: 06:15 - 23:45 daily.
We used this lounge recently at FCO. It's an absolute dump I have to say. There was a very limited pastry selection and the coffee was horrid. Not espresso but a hot plate with a pitcher of coffee on it, diner style. In Italy of all places.... Plus it's in the basement

The terminal has some reasonable food eateries. Plus espresso is only 1 euro

FDW
Old May 17, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
My husband and I used PriorityPass on our trip last week; we have the pay-as-you-go version with the AE Surpass card. The lounge in PMI (Majorca), in particular, was a sanity-saver; our flight back to Valencia was 3 hours late and the lounge attendant was wonderful about keeping in touch with the airline and getting updates. Fortunately the flight was called for boarding before the lounge closed for the night!

For us, it's still a good option, especially as an inclusion in the Surpass card perks.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: CO, HH, AA, UA
Question Delivery time

How long has it taken for the card to be delivered after you sign up? I'm in Italy with a 3-month/9-airport-visit starting on June 10th, and I'm wondering if I'd receive the card in time in case I decide to join...
Old May 29, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dEsquiliano
How long has it taken for the card to be delivered after you sign up? I'm in Italy with a 3-month/9-airport-visit starting on June 10th, and I'm wondering if I'd receive the card in time in case I decide to join...
That might be pushing it. I'd contact Customer Servuce at PriorityPass and ask them. You could also have someone check your mail and get the card to you when it arrives. I was in India when I first signed up and my husband sent it through some sort of priority mail because I wanted it for the trip back home. Shipping was expensive, but cheaper than a one-day lounge pass.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: flying blue ,hilton honnors,LHW, melia mas, lufthansa, iberia, amex plat
Originally Posted by dEsquiliano
I've Made the priority pass through Amex in Italy,it took almost 2 months to receive it !
Old May 29, 2011, 7:10 pm

I just signed up for a free Priority Pass through AmEx Plat and am hoping to receive my card before my LAX-OGG in late June.

As I understand it, the card gives me access to the lounges for US Airways (T1), AC and AF (T2), AS (T3), CO (T6), and the Relax Lounge in the Int'l Terminal.

Two questions: is there one that is far superior to the others? Because I'm flying out of T7 on UA in F (yet still no RCC access ) would I be able to access the lounges not in my terminal? Sorry, not that familiar with how security works. Thanks!
Old May 29, 2011, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by hedur
I just signed up for a free Priority Pass through AmEx Plat and am hoping to receive my card before my LAX-OGG in late June.

As I understand it, the card gives me access to the lounges for US Airways (T1), AC and AF (T2), AS (T3), CO (T6), and the Relax Lounge in the Int'l Terminal.

Two questions: is there one that is far superior to the others? Because I'm flying out of T7 on UA in F (yet still no RCC access ) would I be able to access the lounges not in my terminal? Sorry, not that familiar with how security works. Thanks!
T6 is the only lounge you could get to. You'd need a gate pass for the others, and none of them are exactly convenient other than T6 (which is a fairly convenient walk to UA T7).
Old May 29, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: CO, HH, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Athena53
That might be pushing it. I'd contact Customer Servuce at PriorityPass and ask them.
I did. I sent an e-mail, but I haven't heard back from them. I hope they offer an expedited shipping option.

Originally Posted by athenae68
I've Made the priority pass through Amex in Italy,it took almost 2 months to receive it !
That's what I was fearing. My packages from the US usually take about a month to arrive, and those from Europe about two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.