Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended

So long as this old thread has been revived, here is mine:

"The Fidgety Adult".

There are lots of annoying pax, but for whatever reason this one irks me the most. It's the passenger who simply cannot sit still during the flight, and who, despite their short attention span, did not bring along anything to amuse themselves with. No books, no ipod, no ipad...nothing.

The the person can simply not sit in their seat for more than two minutes..they are CONSTANTLY getting up to fidget with their bags in the overhead, as if they need to make a huge project out of finding their pen or kleenex pack. And then they do it all again. Then they go to the toilet for the 39th time, then they start pumping their leg up and down. Looking around, checking their watch, getting up just to talk to a companion 3 rows back, sitting down, getting back up, opening the bin, closing the bin, getting up again, opening it again, looking for something, not finding it, sitting back down..playing with their tray table, examining the barf bag, flipping through Sky Mall for 1 minute, getting up again.....

And no matter if it's bumpy and the seat belt sign is on.

There is always one....
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
People in J who ask me to switch seats.

If you're smart enough to make the money to sit here, surely you can read the seatmap when you buy your ticket.

Now while I realise that there can be valid exceptions to this rule, they are rarely expressed upon requesting same.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Don't know whether this is 'annoying' per se, but on a recent flight from DXB-PER, I was fortunate enough to be seated in the exit row with a middle shadow, on a full flight.

Later on in the flight, the flight attendant asked us whether it was alright for another passenger to be seated in the middle seat because his IFE had broken down. I immediately said yes, but she chucked a hissy fit saying that "She had just come of a long haul flight and was really tired and needed the space". I genuinely felt bad for the person with the broken IFE - it's not the shortest of flights ..... Sure having a shadow is nice, but to not share an exit row with others? I wasn't impressed at all by her reasons.
And in an exit row, it's not as if the arm rest can be raised to provide more space anyway.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by im.daniel
Don't know whether this is 'annoying' per se, but on a recent flight from DXB-PER, I was fortunate enough to be seated in the exit row with a middle shadow, on a full flight.

Later on in the flight, the flight attendant asked us whether it was alright for another passenger to be seated in the middle seat because his IFE had broken down. I immediately said yes, but she chucked a hissy fit saying that "She had just come of a long haul flight and was really tired and needed the space". I genuinely felt bad for the person with the broken IFE - it's not the shortest of flights ..... Sure having a shadow is nice, but to not share an exit row with others? I wasn't impressed at all by her reasons.
I know this is a 3 year old post but...it seem strange that the FA asked. After all..neither of you bought the seat, and the FA has the right to put someone in an open seat.
theddo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.