Wiki Posts
Search

Places You Loved That No Longer Exist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:57 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
That was that building that looked like a really weird concrete tree, right? Totally strange!

I also miss passing the beauty shop next to the N'Ex tracks somewhere between Chiba and Tokyo. The owner was clearly a huge King Arthur/Knights of the Round Table fan so named the shop after a place in the novel and put up a big sign that spelled out in huge letters, "CAMEROT."
Do you have a picture of Camerot? Oh, speaking of Chiba, do you recall the rabu hoteru shaped like a "UFO?" I wish I could remember where it was near (Funabashi, perhaps?) Long shot indeed...

Staying with Tokyo, I rather liked "Pampkin Cook Katsura," though can't recall which 'hood it was in. Harajuku and Shibuya seem like obvious choices. Oh right, it was a restaurant in which every dish had pumpkin.

Last edited by BuildingMyBento; Sep 6, 2013 at 11:14 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:16 pm

Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor Michigan... Pepper Steak Bullet and Deep Fried Broccoli... Sorely missed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.