Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
KOA-HNL HA 717
HNL-LAS AT L15
LAS-YUL AC A330

Neither LAS nor any Airbus built aircraft are associated with the correct answer. Nor is Air Canada
to repeat: Well that was *NOT* what I was expecting!

as we already have our Boeing jet, we can't include a 747 or a 757 in the itinerary; the only other Rolls-powered jets I can think of are the Fokker clan (F.28 and F.100), and trying to line up one of those into YUL with the AT L15 out of HNL is challenging to say the least ... ditto for the MD-90 which has IAE engines; the RJ85 had Avco Lycoming engines, and the CRJs have GEs ... the Embraer ERJ-145 (thanks, Wikipedia) also fits the bill, but I have the same conundrum with a connection from AT

since there was no mention of changing airports at the connection point, AT into Chicago Midway/MDW and American (F.100) out of O'Hare/ORD isn't a viable option, so herewith a *REALLY* wild guess -- Continental ERJ out of Cleveland/CLE or Newark/EWR, the latter being more plausible with respect to where ATA might have flown
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767

as we already have our Boeing jet, we can't include a 747 or a 757 in the itinerary; the only other Rolls-powered jets I can think of are the Fokker clan (F.28 and F.100), and trying to line up one of those into YUL with the AT L15 out of HNL is challenging to say the least ... ditto for the MD-90 which has IAE engines; the RJ85 had Avco Lycoming engines, and the CRJs have GEs ... the Embraer ERJ-145 (thanks, Wikipedia) also fits the bill, but I have the same conundrum with a connection from AT

since there was no mention of changing airports at the connection point, AT into Chicago Midway/MDW and American (F.100) out of O'Hare/ORD isn't a viable option, so herewith a *REALLY* wild guess -- Continental ERJ out of Cleveland/CLE or Newark/EWR, the latter being more plausible with respect to where ATA might have flown
A discussion going way back to 2001 on Airliners.net notes an ATA L1011 being used on HNL-ORD as part of a scheduled charter service.
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99491
And pulling up the AA table from Summer 2001, I am showing AA F100s on ORD-YUL.

So I think we have may have the answer?
HA 717, KOA-HNL
ATA L1011, HNL-ORD
AA F100, ORD-YUL.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Mar 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if that's indeed the case, I'm more than a bit surprised to see ATA at ORD (and equally surprised that it hadn't yet popped up in our discussions)
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Thanks. I need to learn what resources/info/sites many of you use to find the info for these quiz questions.
Speaking for myself, I have a collection of old OAGs (Official Airline Guides), most of which I purchased on eBay. I suspect the same is true of most of our core participants, though I have no idea how extensive their collections are.

Another source is sites like timetableimages.com or departedflights.com

Many of the questions are schedule centric but when it comes to airline and general aviation history, we have WHBM who is an historian par excellence on all things aviation. jlemon is no slouch himself in this regard. Additionally, some of our participants have past or current experience in the air transport field and thus knowledge commensurate with that.

That said, the hope is that printed or internet resources are employed only to create questions - never to answer them. Given the air travel experience and knowledge of most of the "Old Timers" here, educated guesses go a long way toward working out the answer. Some of us actually consider airline timetables and OAGs to be very entertaining reads, and for a guy like myself who has flown 5.8 million miles on over 200 airlines, they're an essential tool - or at least they were, before the internet came along - in planning it all. That said, I still enjoy flipping through a say, early 1970s OAG and checking out all the flights scheduled with classic airliners such as Boeing 707s, 720s, DC-8s, Convair 880s, et al. (OMG! American used to fly a 747 nonstop between San Francisco and Phoenix? Who knew?!)

I'm giving some thought to creating a set or two of airport related questions. As a side hobby, I "collect" airports, having visited or flown out of every commercial airport in California (except Vandenberg AFB which was once served by Air West) and Colorado. In the days before deregulation ((1978), the Essential Air Service program ensured commercial air service to many small communities such as Lamar, Colorado or Inyokern, California that no longer receive service of any kind today. I used to fly aboard Convair 580s out of little "air fields" serving places like Alamosa, Cortez, Gallup, Durango. I love those little airports.

And, as I see you're a Reds fan, I also "collect" baseball stadiums or rather ball parks. I'm only really interested in visiting the smaller, older ones such as you'd find in single or double A leagues. But that's a topic for another thread.

Finally, regarding your flight between San Antonio and Denver, as jrl767 has pointed out, that would most likely have been a Continental flight. Northwest would likely have served SAT only from MSP, MEM or DTW. I have a 1987 OAG and it showed three nonstops per day on the SAT-DEN market - two with Continental (727-200 and MD80) and one with United (737-300)

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 18, 2022 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
17. (1993) It’s Elvis Week at Graceland - a weeklong celebration of all things Elvis. Billy Ray’s been growing his sideburns out for almost two months in anticipation of this event and he’s even lost 16 pounds enabling him to once again squeeze into that fancy rhinestone leisure suit he bought during his last trip to Graceland eight years ago. As for getting to Memphis, he’s all shook up upon discovering that there is a direct flight from Sioux Falls to Memphis - a single daily two stopper. Identify the airline, the two stops and the aircraft type please. Thank you. Thank you very much.

I really think there’s only two reasonable options left. Either TW through STL or US through MCI. I’ll start with US going FSD-SUX-MCI-MEM with a Beechcraft 1900.

Oh no - there's yet another option utilizing a decently sized twin jet aircraft. The airline is not TW or US though if I didn't know better, I'd have figured, like you, that this could have been an old Ozark route operated by TWA. Anyway, we're looking for an as yet unnamed airline flying through two as yet unidentified airports.

Please, guess again!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Apologies for the delay in responding to your responses. We are on a community internet system out here and things got quite sluggish earlier this afternoon. It seems better now, so...

Originally Posted by WHBM
27. (1972) As the world’s foremost botanist in the study of waterfalls, you’ve had a wonderful two weeks at Kalandula Falls on the Lucala River in Angola. (The falls are 344 feet high and 1,300 feet wide, making them one of the largest waterfalls by volume in Africa. Now you need to relocate to a reunion with fellow waterfall enthusiasts at Niagara Falls on the border between The US and Canada. To get there you’ll travel overland to the Angolan capital of Luanda and then fly to Toronto where a Canadian colleague will drive you down to Niagara. You’ve found a convenient evening departure involving two connections and three airlines, each operating a nonstop flight. Three types of aircraft are involved, all of them American built. Please identify the route, the three airlines involved and of course the three aircraft types.

The go-to airline out of Luanda would be TAP to Lisbon, at least daily even then, still is the key operation 50 years later. They would be just introducing the 747 on the route, could have been that or a 707. That rules out TAP across the Atlantic, but CP Air on a DC8 is a good parallel, to Montreal. Still into Dorval then, none of this Mirabel stupidity. Quick connection onto the Air Canada Rapidair to Toronto, on a DC-9. What a shame the Vanguards are not long gone.

The itinerary you propose is spot on in every regard, including the TAP 747 up from Luanda. Here's the schedule:

TAP TP 206 Luanda (LAD) 1235a-850a Lisbon (LIS) 747-200 X5
CP Air CP 221 Lisbon (LIS) 1150a-150p Montreal (YUL) DC-8-40 X16
Air Canada AC 419 Montreal (YUL) 330p-435p Toronto (YYZ) DC-9-30 Daily

BTW, Varig was operating a once weekly 707 from Luanda across to Rio as well.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767

Well it's true though... ATA did operate an L-1011 into an as yet unnamed airport and there are no enroute stops involving a land based change of airports. If there were I would have mentioned it. If that second flight were from Honolulu to Chicago, keep in mind that I don't believe an L-1011 of any variant would have been allowed to land at Midway.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

28. (2001) There’s no easy way to get from Kona, Hawaii to Montreal, Quebec but on a positive note you’ve found an interesting routing involving three nonstop flights, each operated by a different airline with each utilizing an aircraft type built by a different manufacturer. Additionally, there’s one more similarity between each aircraft type that would not apply with any other trio of aircraft types possible between this city pair. Can you identify the route, the three airlines and the three aircraft types? The admiration of your peers will rise inestimably should you also be able to acknowledge the unidentified similarity between each aircraft type.

A discussion going way back to 2001 on Airliners.net notes an ATA L1011 being used on HNL-ORD as part of a scheduled charter service.
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99491
And pulling up the AA table from Summer 2001, I am showing AA F100s on ORD-YUL.

So I think we have may have the answer?

HA 717, KOA-HNL
ATA L1011, HNL-ORD
AA F100, ORD-YUL

Your answer is correct.

There is however one issue...

Use of the internet such as looking up schedules on departedflights.com is frowned upon. Being as you weren't born until 1986 or 87, I get that many of the "Old Timer" type questions here would be pretty tough for you. At the same time, I think you'll also find that the ease with which it's possible to cruise over to sites like departedflights.com or timetableimages.com and just look up the answer will soon become so simplistic as to take all the enjoyment out of it for you, much like repeatedly chasing after a thrown stick or working super easy crossword puzzles.

Oh yeah, here's the schedule for the Hawaii return:

Hawaiian Air HA 347 Kona (KOA) 222p-300p Honolulu (HNL) 717-200 Daily (Rolls Royce BR715-C1-30)
American Trans Air TZ 824 Honolulu (HNL) 450p-600a D B Chicago (ORD) L-1011-500 Th Fr (Rolls Royce RB.211-524B)
American AA 1734 Chicago (ORD) 701a-959a B Montreal (YUL) Fokker 100 Daily (Rolls Royce Tay Mk 650-15)

And of course, the common theme is that all aircraft are powered by RR engines

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 18, 2022 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

1. (2001) As you’re taxing out Cincinnati aboard the only flight offering First Class service to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, (Albeit via an intermediate stop) you look out your window and spy a Fokker F.28 preparing for departure. Goodness! It’s been a coon’s age since Piedmont’s F.28s were regular visitors to CVG but a quick check of your handy OAG reveals that this is one of three F.28s serving CVG these days, all of them operated by the same airline and all of them going to the same destination. So - we’re looking for a two part answer here: 1.) Identify the F.28 operator and its destination and 2.) Identify the airline and aircraft you’re flying aboard CVG-XXX-CID.

2. (1966) You fly in and out of Hong Kong often and as of the spring of 1966 you’ve noticed two jet aircraft types that are uniquely operated in and out of HKG by just a single airline. That is to say that both aircraft types are operated by the same airline. No other airline flies either type into Hong Kong. Identify both aircraft types as well as the airline in question.

3. (1995) It’s Sunday evening.You’re in Raleigh, NC and you’ve just received an invitation to join an old friend who’ll be sailing out of Fort de France on Monday evening. Right. You’ll fly American to San Juan and catch a local from there. No you won’t. AA’s sold out to SJU. Right. Down to Miami then. Nope. The only service to FDF is a Sunday only Air France flight. A call to your travel agent solves the problem. He’s booked you on two nonstop flights aboard different airlines with a nice 2:21 connection. Identify the airlines, the connection point and the two aircraft types.

4. (1994) It wasn’t so long ago that regularly scheduled flights aboard DC-3s could still be flown in a variety of U.S. states from Alaska to Florida to Arizona to Massachusetts. Today, per the schedules available in the North American OAG used to research this question, only two U.S. airports still enjoy service with the venerable DC-3. Identify those two airports please.
It's not Provincetown or Boston

5. (2001) You’ve been dreading this day for a week now. That’s right - After a week of sun and surf in Puerto Rico, it’s time to make the long trip home to Reno. Today’s trip will involve a one-stop flight to the connection point followed by a nonstop flight into Reno. At least you won’t have to switch airlines enroute and you’ve managed to secure a First Class upgrade all the way through. Identify the airline, the routing and the two aircraft types involved.

7. (1995) From your homeoutside. Salt Lake City, Utah you’re off to visit the in-laws in Clearwater, Florida. You love the convenience of flying into St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport but one thing you want to avoid is flying through Chicago. O’Hare or Midway - it doesn’t matter. Be it weather of broken down airplanes, you’ve had nothing but bad luck in the Windy City. Thankfully, your travel agent has found you a convenient connection involving two nonstop flights, each of them operating the same aircraft type. Identify the two airlines, the aircraft type and the connection airport. (HINT: It’s not in Florida)
A N S W E R E D

8. (2001) The life of a traveling salesman is never boring - at least not if you actually enjoy the travel. This week starts out with a trip from Santa Barbara to Tulsa. You’ve found a great connection involving two nonstop flights on two different airlines, both of them operating the same model of regional jet. You’ll have a three hour layover enroute which will allow you to fine tune your presentation in advance of your arrival in Tulsa. Name the two airlines, the enroute stop and the aircraft type utilized.
A N S W E R E D

9. (1966) You’ve just finished week long consultancy in Benghazi, Libya and can now return to England and your home outside Middlesbrough in North Yorkshire. You’ve found a convenient connection involving two nonstop flights on two different airlines. Each airline operates a different type of equipment, one of which is propeller driven. Identify the two airlines, the connection airport and the two aircraft types.
A N S W E R E D

11. (1972) The oldest beer pub in Prague is U Fleků (a.k.a. Křemencova 11). It opened in 1499 and has welcomed countless generations of local residents and foreign visitors for more than 500 years. Your old friend Pavel has been on you for years to come and visit and finally you’ve managed to find the time - both to secure a travel visa as well as to actually visit. From your home in Newcastle there are no nonstop or direct flights to Prague. Additionally you’d rather avoid traveling down to London and through the zoo that is Heathrow. Fortunately for you, your friendly travel agent has found a fine itinerary departing on Friday only involving two nonstop flights on two different airlines, each operating the same aircraft type. Your layover will be just one hour. Perfect. Identify both airlines, the connection point and the aircraft type.

13. (1995) You’re all set to book this weekend’s flight from Miami to Baltimore when suddenly you hear a harp glissando and a chorus from the heavens. OMG! It’s shades of National Airlines thirty years earlier in the form of a four stop direct flight all the way through to Baltimore. You immediately launch into your happy dance until the back of your thigh tightens and you’re forced to sit. Identify the airline, the four stops and the aircraft type.

15. (2001) You live in Yellowknife, way up there in Canada’s Northwest Territories. It’s a great life but it’s also an expensive one. You’ve identified a sweet deal on a Dodge Ram 2500 truck with the Magnum v10 engine backed up to a NV4500 manual transmission with the Dana 60/80 axle. If the truck checks out, it’d be perfect for your needs in the bush north of Yellowknife. Unfortunately, there are no nonstop flights down to Seattle or even Vancouver, but a local travel agent has cobbled together a three flight routing (all flights are nonstop) involving three different airlines, each of them operating the same aircraft type. Identify the correct routing, the three airlines and the aircraft type common to each airline.
A N S W E R E D

16. (1994) Interesting… that amongst all the airlines that offer 22 mostly daily nonstop flights between Denver (DEN) and Los Angeles (LAX), only one does so with an all-economy configured aircraft. It offers two daily flights, each of them operated with the same aircraft type. Identify the airline and aircraft type please.
A N S W E R E D

17. (1993) It’s Elvis Week at Graceland - a weeklong celebration of all things Elvis. Billy Ray’s been growing his sideburns out for almost two months in anticipation of this event and he’s even lost 16 pounds enabling him to once again squeeze into that fancy rhinestone leisure suit he bought during his last trip to Graceland eight years ago. As for getting to Memphis, he’s all shook up upon discovering that there is a direct flight from Sioux Falls to Memphis - a single daily two stopper. Identify the airline, the two stops and the aircraft type please. Thank you. Thank you very much.
It's not NW with an Afro 85, nor US, UA or TW. The a/c is a twinjet

18. (1972) Well this should be interesting. You need to fly from Buenos Aires to Tangier, Morocco. Once there, you’ll travel to the nearby Lixus archaeological site where some new finds have recently been discovered. Lixus… Lixus… isn’t that where Greek legend has it that Hercules gathered the golden apples? Eh... whatever. For now you need to focus on how you’re gonna get there. Much to your surprise you’ve found a connection involving just two nonstop flights, each of them operated by different airlines with each operating a different equipment type. Name the airlines, the connection point and the aircraft types please.

19. (2001) You’re in Guadalajara, Mexico and need to get to St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada. This is gonna be a long day… Still, you’ve found a reasonably amenable schedule involving three airlines operating three nonstop flights, all of them with the same type of aircraft. Money is no object so you ensure that all flights are booked in the forward cabin. Finally, none of the flights are operated by a US airline. So then, we’re looking for the route, the three airlines and the aircraft type.

20. (1966) You’ve had a wonderful week of sun and fun on Spain’s Costa del Sol but alas, it’s time to return to the Netherlands and your job managing Europe’s largest seaport in Rotterdam. The last time you visited Malaga, you flew down on Sabena. Never again! That helicopter ride to and from Brussels was terrifying! This time you’ve found a convenient online connection involving two nonstop flights, both utilizing the same equipment. Identify the airline, the connection airport and the single aircraft type.

22. (1995) You need to fly from Miami International to San Juan, preferably nonstop. Unfortunately, your go to airline out of Miami - American - is sold out on the day you want to travel. Identify the three other airlines that offer nonstop flights between MIA and SJU. A cyber pat on the back if you can also identify the single airline that flies nonstop to SJU out of Ft. Lauderdale.

24. (2001) It’s not every day your Flushing, New York based company sends you off to a location as exotic as Midway Island but that’s where your skills are needed and so you start packing. Thankfully, the company travel office has found you a great deal departing nonstop to Honolulu from your nearest airport. Following a short layover, you’ll continue on to Midway arriving in the early evening. So, you know the drill. Identify all the usual stuff and Bob’s your uncle.

25. (1966) You’ve had a great week of sun and fun in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, but now it’s time to return to the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Due to some big Jai Alai competition in Miami, all flights to Miami are booked solid. Thankfully you’ve found another option departing from Kingston late in the afternoon that’ll get you back to LA by 1030p that evening. The first flight makes one enroute stop, connecting to a nonstop flight into Los Angeles. Two different airlines, each operating a different aircraft type are involved. First Class is available all the way through. Book it, mon! Airlines, routing and aircraft types please.
It's not Delta or American. The flight departs out of KIN

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 19, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
15. (2001) You live in Yellowknife, way up there in Canada’s Northwest Territories. It’s a great life but it’s also an expensive one. You’ve identified a sweet deal on a Dodge Ram 2500 truck with the Magnum v10 engine backed up to a NV4500 manual transmission with the Dana 60/80 axle. If the truck checks out, it’d be perfect for your needs in the bush north of Yellowknife. Unfortunately, there are no nonstop flights down to Seattle or even Vancouver, but a local travel agent has cobbled together a three flight routing (all flights are nonstop) involving three different airlines, each of them operating the same aircraft type. Identify the correct routing, the three airlines and the aircraft type common to each airline.
I'll have a go at Canadian North YZF-YEG, connecting to WestJet YEG-YVR connecting to Alaska YVR-SEA all on 737-200s.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
16. (1994) Interesting… that amongst all the airlines that offer 22 mostly daily nonstop flights between Denver (DEN) and Los Angeles (LAX), only one does so with an all-economy configured aircraft. It offers two daily flights, each of them operated with the same aircraft type. Identify the airline and aircraft type please.
Frontier Airlines, Boeing 737-200

And, as I see you're a Reds fan, I also "collect" baseball stadiums or rather ball parks. I'm only really interested in visiting the smaller, older ones such as you'd find in single or double A leagues. But that's a topic for another thread.

The minor league baseball adventure sounds kind of interesting. Definitely unique. I still need to get to all 30 MLB ballparks. Hopefully I can take advantage of being close to several ball parks within a few hours drive from southwestern Ohio.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
8. (2001) The life of a traveling salesman is never boring - at least not if you actually enjoy the travel. This week starts out with a trip from Santa Barbara to Tulsa. You’ve found a great connection involving two nonstop flights on two different airlines, both of them operating the same model of regional jet. You’ll have a three hour layover enroute which will allow you to fine tune your presentation in advance of your arrival in Tulsa. Name the two airlines, the enroute stop and the aircraft type utilized.

How about this?

Mesa (operating as America West Express), American Eagle
Phoenix
Canadair Regional Jet
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach

I'll have a go at Canadian North YZF-YEG, connecting to WestJet YEG-YVR connecting to Alaska YVR-SEA all on 737-200s.

Welcome back, YVR Cockroach! We haven't seen you around here for awhile. Thank goodness you haven't been sprayed or stepped on! As to your answer, you're off to a great start. You've got the correct routing and two out of three correct airlines (cancel out WestJet) however we're looking for a different aircraft type. This should be tap-in time for you
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Frontier Airlines, Boeing 737-200

An excellent guess - one that if I didn't know better (since I had the schedules to create it) would've likely been my first guess as well. But no! It wasn't Frontier (The "new" Frontier started out in 1994 with service to four cities - all of them in the same state. We had a question about it recently. Service to California however didn't come until a bit later). Additionally, while the aircraft was a 737, it was a different variant from the -200. Please, guess again!

The minor league baseball adventure sounds kind of interesting. Definitely unique. I still need to get to all 30 MLB ballparks. Hopefully I can take advantage of being close to several ball parks within a few hours drive from southwestern Ohio.

I just bought tickets down to Phoenix for a couple of days from now with plans to catch a couple of Spring Training Cactus League games. I did this a couple of years ago just before the pandemic hit and had a great time! Most all of the stadiums are in the 8-10 thousand capacity range, with great sight lines regardless of where one sits. That said, I haven't totally committed just yet. When I add in the cost of a rental car, game tickets, hotels, we're approaching $1000. Definitely something to ponder over the next few hours. I have until tomorrow afternoon to cancel my tickets and still get my money back.

That said, I'm an Oakland A's fan (what's left of them ) and will be until the end of my days. If I live that long.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 18, 2022 at 9:58 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toshbaf

How about this? Mesa (operating as America West Express) to PHX, then American Eagle on to Tulsa with a Canadair Regional Jet

You are much closer with this response, Toshbaf. The first flight was indeed flown by Mesa (operating as America West Express) and the equipment was indeed a CRJ-200.

That said, the connection point was not Phoenix and the airline operating onward service to Tulsa was not American Eagle.

I think we're pretty close to tap-in time - if we're not already there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.