FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:54 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
to repeat: Well that was *NOT* what I was expecting!

as we already have our Boeing jet, we can't include a 747 or a 757 in the itinerary; the only other Rolls-powered jets I can think of are the Fokker clan (F.28 and F.100), and trying to line up one of those into YUL with the AT L15 out of HNL is challenging to say the least ... ditto for the MD-90 which has IAE engines; the RJ85 had Avco Lycoming engines, and the CRJs have GEs ... the Embraer ERJ-145 (thanks, Wikipedia) also fits the bill, but I have the same conundrum with a connection from AT

since there was no mention of changing airports at the connection point, AT into Chicago Midway/MDW and American (F.100) out of O'Hare/ORD isn't a viable option, so herewith a *REALLY* wild guess -- Continental ERJ out of Cleveland/CLE or Newark/EWR, the latter being more plausible with respect to where ATA might have flown
Well it's true though... ATA did operate an L-1011 into an as yet unnamed airport and there are no enroute stops involving a land based change of airports. If there were I would have mentioned it. If that second flight were from Honolulu to Chicago, keep in mind that I don't believe an L-1011 of any variant would have been allowed to land at Midway.