Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

First/Business Class: Should there be age restrictions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First/Business Class: Should there be age restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
Oh, God, not again...

I don't want to sit next to blabbermouths, or drunks, or fingernail-clipping pigs, or women who paint their nails, or salesmen, or staff-abusing DYKWIAs, etc., etc. in business class, but there they are. Nine times out of ten I will take the company of a well-mannered child over some lout of an adult -- in any cabin. Anyone who thinks age correlates with maturity hasn't flown enough.
C'mon, it's been days since someone has started a "I hate kids in J and F" thread...

I'd highly suggest the OP flies via private jet, as s/he could then control his/her seatmates. Barring that, I find a couple of drinks and some noise-cancelling headphones block out just about anything. I utterly detest children, but it's not within anyone's rights to bar them from sitting in a premium cabin if their ticket has been paid for with money or miles.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:38 pm

I like sitting next to babies. Since our kids haven't seen fit to give me grandchildren, getting to hold and play with little ones on airplanes is a real treat for me.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Originally Posted by IamHungry
I am not concern about how they spend the money. I just don't want to hear kids screaming when I need to sleep.
I don't want to hear screaming kids when I need to sleep either. It doesn't matter if I paid for a First/Business class ticket or a Coach ticket or a hotel room, or rented an apartment or bought a condo, etc. But life happens and one must make allowances for it.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a middle ground between "all kids should be banned from air travel," and, "I'll take my kid wherever I like and I don't care who he disturbs." A little common courtesy AND common sense is called for.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
This seems appropriate

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...ones-on-planes
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by PTravel
There is a middle ground between "all kids should be banned from air travel," and, "I'll take my kid wherever I like and I don't care who he disturbs." A little common courtesy AND common sense is called for.
I agree , there are to many people these days who only think about themselves !! and dont give .... about anyone else.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Redhead
I was eating in 5 star restaurants at the age of 2 and was raised to understand what is and is not appropriate behaviour for a wide variety of situations. No age limit. Some of the worst behaviour that I've seen has come from supposed adults
AMEN!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Yes, there should be, noone over 40 allowed.

I took the TK pod 77W last month, and there was a very well behaved ~8 year old behind me, and a very irritating 50 some year old "I am very important so I will keep pressing the call button and make myself known to everyone around me" man in a cheap business suit in front of me.
Agree. And it should be women only as well
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
AMEN!
I've never understand this logic: "There are other people who do rude and inconsiderate things, so it doesn't matter if I do a rude and inconsiderate thing."

How does the fact that you've been bothered by drunks or DYKWIAs or loud talkers justify creating a nuisance and annoyance to other passengers?

Two wrongs DO make a right? What am I missing here?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:31 pm

I've never understand this logic: "There are other people who do rude and inconsiderate things, so it doesn't matter if I do a rude and inconsiderate thing."

How does the fact that you've been bothered by drunks or DYKWIAs or loud talkers justify creating a nuisance and annoyance to other passengers?

Two wrongs DO make a right? What am I missing here?
Not sure why you are replying to my post of "Amen", but your post is not making sense in this context.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: QFF Emirates Skywards
kids and parents

My 2 cents:
It is naturally always going to be a problem when infants are travelling regardless of what they are travelling in.
My only gripe is when parents allow their children to misbehave and take no action to stop it.
Generally this is more a reflection of the attitude of the parent and their inability to take control.

What is annoying is that it is the type of parent that has some mindset that it is a right of pasage for the child to misbehave and be free willed. These parents are also the type that think the child should have preference over adults when boarding, eating and so on.

I am happy for children to travel in premium class - as long as they pay full premium fare.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: QFF Emirates Skywards
Oh - nearly forgot!

Smacking should be allowed for disciplining both children - and parents when they don't control the children
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Not sure why you are replying to my post of "Amen", but your post is not making sense in this context.
I should have quoted your second post, not your first.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Middle ground? C'mon, this is FT!

Mike
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Middle ground? C'mon, this is FT!

Mike
Good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.