Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 1:59 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Hello ExpertFlyer Voice, Thanks for your reply. What you told me might explain why the number of seat count at expertflyer doesn't match with what my travel agent see from their system. My travel agent is Hong Kong based and has special fare allotment with UA and many airlines. My TA is one of the biggest travel agents here and is mainly using GALILEO system & sometimes ABACUS as well. I don't know if the two systems that my TA is using have anything to do with the seat count in difference. You know I really have no idea what GDS, GALILEO & ABACUS are about since I'm not in the travel industry.

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
GordonGordon to answer your first question, all of our information is live and never cached, it is retrieved in real time as it is searched. We know that the UA inventory especially is accurate as we get the UA data directly from the reservation system that hosts UA.

What your travel agent is telling you isn't that there isn't any inventory in that class, but that there aren't any fares available for purchase in that class. Just because a flight has inventory in H or M class, if there is no corresponding valid, bookable H or M fare then it doesn't matter. Please make sure to compare the availability results with a Fare Information search to determine the valid fares for the dates you'll be traveling.

Also, is your travel agent US based? If not, there is a possibility that UA could be showing non-US travel agents different availability then US based agents. Other airlines are known to do this, however we haven’t heard of UA doing it. Also what GDS is your agent using?
Old May 20, 2010, 9:34 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Hello ExpertFlyer Voice, Thanks for your reply. What you told me might explain why the number of seat count at expertflyer doesn't match with what my travel agent see from their system. My travel agent is Hong Kong based and has special fare allotment with UA and many airlines. My TA is one of the biggest travel agents here and is mainly using GALILEO system & sometimes ABACUS as well. I don't know if the two systems that my TA is using have anything to do with the seat count in difference. You know I really have no idea what GDS, GALILEO & ABACUS are about since I'm not in the travel industry.
Sounds about right, UA is hosted on Apollo which is the US cousin to Galileo. Maybe it's the "special fare allotment" which could mean custom fares and custom availability to go with it. Either way, a good test is to see what you can purchase on the HK United.com site.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:25 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Kenya Airways Awards now available

As of today Kenya Airways (KQ) awards for Business (D) and Economy (W) classes are available using ExpertFlyer's Award/Upgrade search tool.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:15 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

FLIFO Comments & Miles and Meals are back

Tonight we pushed an update that brings the return of two often asked for features:

• Flight Status flight specific searches for AA flights will show the additional airline comment information if available.
  • All Flight Details searches again show the Miles and Meals information for flights.

This is just a start of an array of new and improved features that we’ll be rolling out over the next few months.

Enjoy!

-EFV
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:35 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Great additions! ^
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:32 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Thanks, and we also just added Aegean Airlines (A3) Award and Upgrade availability.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:13 am

• Flight Status flight specific searches for AA flights will show the additional airline comment information if available.
Is historical Flight Status info still available? It does not seem to be working for individual 6/29 flights at the moment, although I can still get the info by searching city-to-city (e.g., AA20 SFO-JFK).

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:23 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Is historical Flight Status info still available? It does not seem to be working for individual 6/29 flights at the moment, although I can still get the info by searching city-to-city (e.g., AA20 SFO-JFK).
The flight specific Flight Status search (for AA) and the city pair search pull from two different sources, hence the difference. The GDS (for flight specific AA searches) only has information going back to the previous day, which is now 6/30.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:13 am

The flight specific Flight Status search (for AA) and the city pair search pull from two different sources, hence the difference. The GDS (for flight specific AA searches) only has information going back to the previous day, which is now 6/30.
OK, thanks - as long as I can still get the historical info via the city-to-city search, I can work around it.

If this is true across all airlines, though, might it be worth redirecting individual searches (which is what I save in my Saved Queries) for older flights back to the other source? That way I'd see it as "FLIFO data added for flights on same day" rather than "Flight Status info lost for flights older than one day".
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:14 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
OK, thanks - as long as I can still get the historical info via the city-to-city search, I can work around it.

If this is true across all airlines, though, might it be worth redirecting individual searches (which is what I save in my Saved Queries) for older flights back to the other source? That way I'd see it as "FLIFO data added for flights on same day" rather than "Flight Status info lost for flights older than one day".
The historical data on the city pair search and on the flight specific search would be the same. No this is only for AA for now.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to filter out responses to award searches that have no availability in the requested fare buckets? As it is I get a ton of flights listed that have 0 availability. I can imagine this information being useful under some circumstances, but I'd love to get rid of it and not have to scroll through so many screens full of zeros...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rom Sac
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to filter out responses to award searches that have no availability in the requested fare buckets? As it is I get a ton of flights listed that have 0 availability. I can imagine this information being useful under some circumstances, but I'd love to get rid of it and not have to scroll through so many screens full of zeros...
I requested this feature directly to the site and got a non-committal reply. Sure seems to me like it would be easy to implement.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:15 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I requested this feature directly to the site and got a non-committal reply. Sure seems to me like it would be easy to implement.
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
We can probably put an option in the Filter Search Results drop-down box on the results page to remove any flights without inventory. It's funny, for every person asking us to remove the zero availability flights, someone else asks us to show as many flights as possible, even if they are zeros.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
We can probably put an option in the Filter Search Results drop-down box on the results page to remove any flights without inventory. It's funny, for every person asking us to remove the zero availability flights, someone else asks us to show as many flights as possible, even if they are zeros.
Having the option would be great. As I said, I agree that seeing everything is sometimes useful, but when you are looking for a rare award seat (as any true FT-er does!), the pages of zero availability are a pain.

I would prefer that you put this on the award search screen, though, since I really want to put this in a saved query (since some of my queries are for rare awards).
Old Jul 4, 2010, 1:27 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

And if you do this option (I hope so), and there are multiple segments, show all the segments if at least one of them has availability.

Have been doing some PHP programming lately and it's pretty easy to do this in PHP so I assume it's easy to do it in other languages as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.