Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
Since downloading the update last week, I can't get MileTracker to log in to more than one program in a row. Every second attempt, to any program, does not input my account number and password; it only brings up the log in page un-filled in.

Only fix I can figure out is to close/exit MileTracker, then re-open it and select a program, any program, for the "first" time.

So basically, the MileTracker only opens up one FF program per time the MileTracker itself is opened....

Is it just me...?
I have had the same error since downloading the update. To clarify, we're talking about the "Navigate" function, not the "Retrieve" function. I reported the error, but have heard nothing back.

As for USAir, this update did finally fix it, as well as Mexicana and Radisson.

But it also introduced another new error for me: When I "Retrieve my balances" (all balances) Midwest thinks it is working, but always returns "..." instead of a new balance. If I retrieve a Midwest balance individually it works fine.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
My problem with the latest update is that each time i start MilkeTracker it says I need an update, proceeds to download and install it. But the this is repeated every time i start MileTracker - so for some reason it's not recongizing the fact that I have downloaded and installed the update already!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:35 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
For the second time in a month, after a MileTracker crash, all my accounts were gone.

Be sure to use the Back Up Settings option often!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Having upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, MileTracker navigate functions won't work at all (previously, the first navigate would work, all following attempts failed -- see posts above). Retrieve still works, and FT links work.

Is anyone else having a problem with IE7?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:57 pm
Original Member

Yes, same problem.

QL
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:36 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I am having the same problem after recent update, my navigation does not work. I have send an e-mail to tech support few days ago but no answer yet. May be you want to try telling them about this problem.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:45 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Well, here's a new one: for the past day or so, when I run MileTracker, the upper left corner says "Retrieving headlines...." and keeps doing so endlessly, despite the fact that I am connected to the internet. And of course while doing so it makes that annoying click/click/click/click.... noise.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Getting a variation on that theme .. "retrieving headlines requires internet cxn". DH ! ! !
I'd suspect USA-Today did something to their feed...

If you need a quick news fix .. HERE

/.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:09 am

What I'd really prefer is if MileTracker would go back to its pre-USA Today/Deskport versions and let me pay for a very useful program.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 6:44 pm

Ive been having the same problem (retrieving headlines requires internet connection) for a few days now, sent an email to support, hopefully they get it fixed!
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold
anyone else getting an 'invalid login' message when attempting to receive their hhonors points from miletracker? I wonder if it has something to do w the website changes.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GeoffS
anyone else getting an 'invalid login' message when attempting to receive their hhonors points from miletracker? I wonder if it has something to do w the website changes.
Yes. I think its the website change.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold
Just fired up MileTracker and it asked me to update. News headlines now work and I can retrieve Hilton as normal. Marriott is now broke though.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Well, here's a new one: for the past day or so, when I run MileTracker, the upper left corner says "Retrieving headlines...." and keeps doing so endlessly, despite the fact that I am connected to the internet. And of course while doing so it makes that annoying click/click/click/click.... noise.
I have the same problem - glad you pointed that out about the endless tasking - good reason to exit the program to avoid tying up the processor.

For a long time I could not seem to get US or Radisson to work (even with updates). So a month ago I deleted the program and downloaded it again. Naturally it lost all of my program info, but fortunately I had backed up the data under a new filename (miletracker will overwrite the file if you use their backup name, which of course deletes the info ) and was able to re-load it by changing the name back and moving it to the miletracker program files. Was pleased to see that all of the activity info was retained in addition to the accounts. ^

More recently Alaska does not seem to work - hopefully that will be fixed in the latest update.

Update: Downloaded upgrade tonight, now Alaska works fine along with the headlines, but no Marriott... I guess we can't expect it all to work perfectly

Last edited by Boraxo; Dec 21, 2006 at 12:14 am
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Having the same problem with Marriott after the latest update. So far, no response from support.

I know the program is free so maybe I shouldn't complain too much. But if they are going to offer this under the USA Today banner, it ought to work. Their QC/beta testing seems to be lacking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.