FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Anyone else having problems with MileTracker?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/724274-anyone-else-having-problems-miletracker.html)

brians51 Dec 24, 2004 10:38 am

Anyone having problems with Miletracker?

For the last week now I have been unable to have it pick up any of my totals. It is just NWA, CO, United, AA Goldpoints?

It says "Cannot determine. Please try again later or use Nav on the right"

Is anyone else having the same problem.

Jet2K Dec 24, 2004 3:06 pm

No recent problem with the DeskPort version

Just remember to occasionally unload DeskPort from your system tray, and reload it. The check for new version of the software seem to only run when the app is first loaded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out International airline seatmaps

ejmelton Dec 24, 2004 3:43 pm

Seems Fine

I just checked and all of our accounts are loading fine.

Two suggestions:

Drop Deskport and go with USA Today's version. While Miletracker is the same in both, the USA version seems more "screen friendly".

Also, are you using a slower network connection than usual? If so you may want to adjust the settings to permit more time. (The program usually gives a "timeout message" when this happens.) More likely, did you restore Miletracker with an saved copy of the program? If so, you do not have any of the intermediate updates. (And there are always changes in the source websites that require updates.)

maulah Dec 25, 2004 5:46 am

Mile tracker.

I have never used Miletracker. Can any one tell me if it is better than yodlee?

gleff Dec 25, 2004 7:57 am

Originally Posted by maulah
I have never used Miletracker. Can any one tell me if it is better than yodlee?

Yes, it is. ;)

CPRich Dec 25, 2004 9:27 am

MT (McPaper version) is working fine for me.

I use it and Yodlee (OEM'd by Fidelity) - the basic screen are just about the same, other than a link to FT. MT does have the "Details" link which displays your YTD miles, tier miles, lifetime miles, upgrade balance, recent activity, etc. (depending on the program - basically all the data the home page of each program would give you) which is nice.

atwnsw2 Dec 25, 2004 3:23 pm

I am also having problems and cannot view my Starwood points.

Anyone else have this problem (unable to view SPG points) using Mile Tracker?

CPRich Dec 25, 2004 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by atwnsw2

Nope, I can view, updated, view details, chart history, etc. of SPG as well as the other 16 programs I have listed.

nealrap Dec 25, 2004 7:08 pm

works

worked for me just now.

Save some money, get some deals: http://www.dealtaker.com

DebBrown Dec 26, 2004 8:59 am

Originally Posted by atwnsw2

Yes... my Starwood points haven't been retrieved in days. Maybe I need to log in directly to the site and check this out.

Deb

atwnsw2 Dec 26, 2004 9:24 am

Originally Posted by DebBrown
Yes... my Starwood points haven't been retrieved in days. Maybe I need to log in directly to the site and check this out.

Deb

I figured out the problem w/ Starwood. I only have a 4 letter/digit password and I believe it now requires you to access your account with a 6 digit/letter password.

So, when I changed my password, the error message went away.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for everybody's input.....

cordelli Dec 26, 2004 12:12 pm

I'm having the same issue with some sites with less then a six character password (yet others work fine), the new version of Mile Tracker won't pick up the balances for it. They all worked fine before the update, but after.....

I sent them a note about it, never got a response back, so either I probably need to change passwords, or not use it for those accounts (not using it will win, there isn't any need for me to change things because they made a stupid programming change that makes no sense).

travelmad478 Dec 26, 2004 5:53 pm

Hm. I downloaded the USA Today version a few weeks ago and it worked fine the first few times I used it. Then last week it lost the ability to retrieve my Hilton account. And today when I tried it, it couldn't retrieve my US Air account either. These two do have four-character passwords, but so do some of my other accounts (e.g. BA) and those are coming through fine.

If anyone gets any answers on this, I'm looking forward to hearing them.

married 2 miles Jan 2, 2005 7:33 pm

changed password

I can't figure out how to change my password in Mile Tracker - sent off an e-mail to help desk, then saw this thread - anyone able to find "profile" and change pw?

married 2 miles Jan 6, 2005 8:38 pm

help - how to change password

does anybody know how to change a password in mile tracker?