Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I carry a 3x5 notebook which I use as a log. This is what a page from it looks like (excuse my bad handwriting):

I then input the data into FlightMemory as well as some spreadsheets I've created which track the tail numbers and a lot of other details.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:32 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I look up flight info on FlightRadar24, then input that data into Flightmemory.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald
I appreciate everyone going out of their way to answer my question. Cheers
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
I recently started using My Flight Radar 24 (https://my.flightradar24.com/) and it does about 95% of what I want it to do. I had previously kept an Excel file with all the dates, flight numbers and cities. By entering that data into My Flight Radar 24, it automatically generates a cool map and some handy charts like this:

There is a 7-day trial to see if you like it, then it costs around $3 per month for the Gold product.

It does most of what I want (cool charts, csv export, easy entry and decent database of flight data), but I often fly about 20 flights per year between the same pair of cities and I wish it would somehow show on the map that there were 20 flights instead of making it look like just one... Still, the design is much better than some of the other sites shared above.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer
There is a 7-day trial to see if you like it, then it costs around $3 per month for the Gold product.
Flightdiary is free , however the main flight radar product , which allows you to better track flights and airplanes is offered under different monthly/yearly plans , from 1,5$ to 50$ per month

I wish it would somehow show on the map that there were 20 flights instead of making it look like just one
The more you fly a route , the darker it get . Otherwise i think its best option to not having a wide panel of colors

... Still, the design is much better than some of the other sites shared above.
i do agree with you
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:07 am

I am looking to move away from Flightdiary. They are not planning to fix the time calculation flaw for time zones which have a half split, like India, which is GMT + 5 1/2. The half gets ignored throwing all calculations off. Since half my travel is there, I want some semblance of accuracy in the time flown.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
I am in the middle of a 14-day demo of App in the Air for iOS. It's okay. It has a social function as well where you can compete on a leaderboard against your friends in terms of how many km / hr were flown year to date. I am in first place so far among my 7 friends on the app...

Adding flights is not too hard in manual mode. They also allow you to connect it to your Google account so it can detect flight reservations from your gmail / calendar, though I am not too sure how I feel about that...
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I use Flighty. I think they have some kind of TripIt import functionality, but as I don't use TripIt I just enter my flights manually. It works well.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Have used OpenFlights.org for years. I pay the $10/year or whatever the suggested donation.

Export my flights to CSV once a year to save them.

I just looked at all the other ones mentioned up thread.
Couldn’t imagine using anything else still, OF is painless and totally free if you don’t donate.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
flugstatistik.com (flight memory in English) and ba97.com
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Has anyone gotten trier map done from flight memory? I’d really like to get a map from them but the cost with shipping is prohibitive
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Has anyone gotten trier map done from flight memory? I’d really like to get a map from them but the cost with shipping is prohibitive
I’ve never seen It update and usually check even if it’s the next time in.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:34 am

Does anyone know if there is any remaining support for Open FLights? You can't add new airlines anymore (I recently tried to add Fly Arystan in KZ and there is a bug). It also hasn't been updating airports, for instance NQZ is it's old TSE still. Nothing too major at this point but over time there will be more issues.

I don't really want to go through converting 11 years of flights for my wife and I + three years of flights for my daughter into a new system if I can avoid it but if there's something better, I'd consider moving. I moved away from Flight Memory a while back because it's pretty archaic and they weren't interested in adding additional features even though I was a paid member.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Productivity
Does anyone know if there is any remaining support for Open FLights? You can't add new airlines anymore (I recently tried to add Fly Arystan in KZ and there is a bug). It also hasn't been updating airports, for instance NQZ is it's old TSE still. Nothing too major at this point but over time there will be more issues.

I don't really want to go through converting 11 years of flights for my wife and I + three years of flights for my daughter into a new system if I can avoid it but if there's something better, I'd consider moving. I moved away from Flight Memory a while back because it's pretty archaic and they weren't interested in adding additional features even though I was a paid member.
They're possibly still doing some work as I was finally able to add my Avelo inaugural flight from last December. It took several months before I was able to switch it away from private carrier. Still, the front page says the last bug fix was May, 2021, so who knows. I, too, pay for the site and am curious if the priority service would get any sort of response.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:35 am

Fightly is a pretty good APP, but it seems that it is only on iOS. It pulls and syncs flight data from your calendar, and it also has real-time flight activity notifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.