Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:00 pm

Star Alliance Phantom flights?

Is there still a problem with phantom flights? I searched for PVG-TPE on Oct. 3 and Awardtravelr shows 8 flights whereas ANA tool just shows one that is unavailable for redemption.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is it possible to tell whether flights are Saver/Standard awards?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dajoip
Is it possible to tell whether flights are Saver/Standard awards?
All of the third-party tools only show 'saver' awards, including this one.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
The page does not load for me?

http://www.awardtravelr.com
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by vmsea
The page does not load for me?

http://www.awardtravelr.com
Just worked for me. An alternative link is http://beta.awardtravelr.com/
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
All of the third-party tools only show 'saver' awards, including this one.
My search pulled up a flight from LAX to LIH (Kauai, HI) on Dec. 16 (UA785) with Economy shown as available, but it only shows up on United.com as available for Standard Economy or Saver/Standard Business/FC, while I'm only interested in Saver Economy.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Sky Team

Just found your tool. It seems very helpful. I found some Star Alliance awards that I did not know about. Thanks.
As expected Delta awards , Sky Team did not come up for me . I expect that's a Delta problem , not yours.
I will continue to use this.

Thank You.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:07 pm

is the search down? I always get stuck on the 'Please wait while results are loading' page?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by scjmc
is the search down? I always get stuck on the 'Please wait while results are loading' page?
Has been down for 2 days for me
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
We had an outage last week - should be up and running since. Do let us know if you face any more problems.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, Delta PM
Is this tool incapable of searching for awards originating from North America to Asia? At least any and all combinations I tried on SkyTeam originating from major cities like NYC, LAX, and DTW going to Japan and China destinations all route THROUGH Europe.

Awards don't work that way; you can't book a "connection" in Europe going to Asia without paying essentially double the award amount.

Am I missing something here? None of the Delta flights even show up.
I tried something as simple as DTW-PEK or JFK-NRT but they all seem to want to route DTW-CVG-PEK or some ridiculous combinations like that.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Interesting - could you PM me a particular date this is happening?

Originally Posted by kamishiro
Is this tool incapable of searching for awards originating from North America to Asia? At least any and all combinations I tried on SkyTeam originating from major cities like NYC, LAX, and DTW going to Japan and China destinations all route THROUGH Europe.

Awards don't work that way; you can't book a "connection" in Europe going to Asia without paying essentially double the award amount.

I tried something as simple as DTW-PEK or JFK-NRT but they all seem to want to route DTW-CVG-PEK or some ridiculous combinations like that.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Thank you...

Was looking for coach award to get me from HKG to WAS with a fair amount of restrictions on my part. Was not able to find any suitable award flights using united.com or aa.com or their respective CSRs. beta.awardtravelr.com showed that there were no OneWorld awards on the date that I wanted for a variety of routings. However, the site did show availability via Star Alliance. Another call to the United CSR and I was able to walk them through the routing and indeed coach Saver award seats were available for a desirable time, on the desired date, to the desired destination, with a reasonable routing and great timing.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

I love this tool and am very appreciative of you making it available. Today, it was hiccuping when attempting to search for JAL flights within Japan. I checked Kumamoto to Haneda, a route where I know JL offers service. For each search, I got a message that British Airways nor any of its partners offer service.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta PM
AwardTravelr Asia Routes

Pretty much all queries I have tried.

Here's are some examples:
JFK-PVG on 10/3/2012 will try to connect at CDG on AF,
DTW-PEK on 10/4/2012 will try to connect at CDG on AF, and
LAX-PVG on 10/5/2012 will try to connect at CDG on AF.

Originally Posted by jyflyer
Interesting - could you PM me a particular date this is happening?

Originally Posted by kamishiro

Last edited by kamishiro; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.