Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Thanks for your feedback and taking the effort to test on various browsers. We're aware of some of these issues and are working to resolve them asap. The aim is to make it cross-compatible across all 3 main browsers (Chrome, FF2, FF3, IE8, 9, 10 beta) as well as have a mobile version.

Originally Posted by OnTheAsile
Ran tool on several browsers. This is not a criticism just personal observations as applications function differently on the various browsers and this appears to be in the initial development stage.

Google Chrome 18.0.1025.151: Application seems to be optimal in this browser. All options appear to be correctly presented and function as expected. Very quick loading of information. "Passenger Number" has scroll wheel and "Multiples Days" scroll wheel has + and - as an option on the "Search" page. "From"and "To" show complete airport information when entering 3 letter codes. Sorting is very fast,almost instantaneous.

MS IE9: "From" and "To" do not show full airport information when airport codes are entered. "Multiple Days" can only set to days ahead . Processing is very slow. On initial activation of "Search",the next screen does not appear to be actually searching. Reloading then activates the "Search".
For the "Sort" options there is not a graphical indication that anything is actually happening. Processing of the various options is extremely slow, in fact at times locks up the browser.

FireFox 11.0: Again, "From" and "To" do not show full airport information when airport codes are entered. "Multiple Days" can only set to only days ahead.
On"Search" the processing bar is shown and processing is very fast. If I attempted to compare to Chrome it would be subjective so I will not.
On presentation of the "Search" results,the multiple pages information is over written in the flight information line(Flight, Date, From-To,Duration). I waited 5 minutes but none of the "Sort" options appeared to function in this browser.

I think this is a great tool. The graphical user interface is excellent being clear in function and easy to use especially when used in the Chrome browser. As it now the functionality and layout is better and more professional than I have seen in several business oriented sites.

Laptop Information; OS Win7 Home Premium, iCore7, 8GB ram,1GB dedicated graphical memory, Internet at 15MPS.

Thanks for your effort,

Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the tool

If I search SYD-SIN on Oneworld I get the following result:

Depart Mon, Apr 16 SYD to SIN (2-Stops) 17h 5m
FCY
Qantas Airways QF401 Business, First
Qantas Airways QF485 Business, First
Qantas Airways QF71 Business, First

One World
Take-off Mon, 16 Apr 6:00am SYD
Sydney Intl (Sydney, Australia)
Landing Mon, 16 Apr 9:05pm SIN
Changi Intl (Singapore, Singapore)

2-Stops (MEL, PER)
None of the 3 QF flights in this itinerary offer a First Class cabin.
I don't know that the BA search engine is a good site to use for your purpose as I think it returns that a First Class award can be used even if there are no segments in F solely because you can pay for a First Class Award but fly in a lower class if you choose

Searching on the QF site shows only the domestic segments are available in business:

Your Flights

Mon 16 Apr 12 06:00 Sydney 07:35 Melbourne Qantas flight QF401
Business

Mon 16 Apr 12 08:35 Melbourne 10:40 Perth Qantas flight QF485
Business

15:35 Perth 21:05 Singapore Qantas flight QF71
Economy

Your flight from Perth to Singapore will be in Economy

Searching BA shows the same as QF:

Outbound - Monday 16 April 2012
06:00
16 Apr
07:35
16 Apr
Sydney Kingsford Smith Melbourne QF0401
Qantas Airways Ltd
Business
08:35
16 Apr
10:40
16 Apr
Melbourne Perth QF0485
Qantas Airways Ltd
Business
15:35
16 Apr
21:05
16 Apr
Perth Changi (Singapore) QF0071
Qantas Airways Ltd
Economy

Last edited by 3544quebec; Apr 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! As what I've mentioned to a previous poster - we're currently tracking down problems with the OW search. Once this has been resolved, we'll post an update.

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If I search SYD-SIN on Oneworld I get the following result:

None of the 3 QF flights in this itinerary offer a First Class cabin.
I don't know that the BA search engine is a good site to use for your purpose as I think it returns that a First Class award can be used even if there are no segments in F solely because you can pay for a First Class Award but fly in a lower class if you choose

Searching on the QF site shows only the domestic segments are available in business:

Searching BA shows the same as QF:
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Oneworld search has been updated. We resolved the problems with the inconsistent results due to a bug in how we obtain the data. What's reflected on our site now will be consistent with what BA is showing.

For example: A search for LHR to PHX on 9-23-2012 for 2 pax on Awardtravelr would show 3 flights:

BA289 in Y
BA193 -> AA1955 in Y and then F
BA193 -> AA1875 in Y and then F

If you do a search on BA's site for the flights, you would see these results:

BA289 in World Traveller (Y) on LHR to PHX
BA193 -> AA1955 in Y and then F (via Partner Search for the same flight and
specifying F)
BA193 -> AA1875 in Y and then F (via Partner Search for the same flight and specifying F)

Searching for the flight in C yields no results except for BA289 in Y. Our site aims to automate this process for you which is useful for larger searches such as SIN-LHR which may yield many flights especially when you are looking at partner flights too:

An example:

Thanks guys, for using Awardtravelr and providing valuable feedback. As with these tools, accurate information is of utmost importance and we're always striving towards that.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Update pushed to all servers. Our OW results are fully consistent now with what BA is showing. Thanks guys

Last edited by jyflyer; Apr 8, 2012 at 1:31 am
Old Apr 8, 2012, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Page should be compatible with Firefox now. We just pushed out a couple of UI fixes, including the auto complete as well as paging problem. Sorting is also be working well in firefox. Note to self (for technical guys as well): Firefox dosen't resolve event to window.event by default! Only IE and Chrome!

Make sure you refresh a couple of times to get the latest UI.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Updated the list of airports for the autocomplete. (e.g. PPT)
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:13 pm

Thank you for a very quick fix to some minor browser issues.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Phantom Availability

Just tried searching for Award travel on Star Alliance - looks like you have the same problem that United does - phantom seats showing available.

Specifically looking at LH-417 F showing available on IAD-FRA 5/26/12. United engine shows that same space but if you check ANA or call United those seats don't actually exist.

Great tool otherwise,
Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nissan720
Just tried searching for Award travel on Star Alliance - looks like you have the same problem that United does - phantom seats showing available.

Specifically looking at LH-417 F showing available on IAD-FRA 5/26/12. United engine shows that same space but if you check ANA or call United those seats don't actually exist.

Great tool otherwise,
Thanks
We'll allow (in the near future) for users to toggle or filter between specific sites they want to search on, so that might help.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by jyflyer
Oneworld search has been updated. We resolved the problems with the inconsistent results due to a bug in how we obtain the data. What's reflected on our site now will be consistent with what BA is showing.
Oneworld search is indeed working well - so now I can say Awesome tool
Thanks guys
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

We just rolled out a whole bunch of UI changes that fixes many problems with IE - so we're pretty much cross-compatible with all 3 main browsers now!

Last edited by jyflyer; Apr 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
This is REALLY GREAT! Thank you VERY MUCH!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
co-terminals

Overall looks like a nice tool! Would be very useful to also have co-terminals like NYC for all New York City area airports, CHI for Chicago, Bay Area, etc.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

100k searches! 100,000th search was from SEA-GIG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.