Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by jyflyer
[*]Integration with Seatguru. Simply click on the "Check Seatguru" button for each flight to head right to the seat plan This is still a work in progress and we're trying to improve the accuracy!
Just saw this feature today - super convenient and extremely helpful!

Great work, keep it up! Your tool has already come a long way since I first tried it three months ago.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:23 pm

good tool. Thanks
Is there a way to tell whether the award is saver award or regular award in your search result?

Last edited by jackiesyu; Apr 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm Reason: correcting
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:30 pm

I was looking to book a RTW trip. The tool worked great finding segments all the way east through to Seoul, ICN. But it shows no availability out of Seoul? Checking the same route to several destinations, HNL, MSP, etc. shows availability for awards on Delta site, but nothing on Awardtravelr. These are for around 1/31/13.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:47 pm

thanks for sharing~ really fancy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I was looking to book a RTW trip. The tool worked great finding segments all the way east through to Seoul, ICN. But it shows no availability out of Seoul? Checking the same route to several destinations, HNL, MSP, etc. shows availability for awards on Delta site, but nothing on Awardtravelr. These are for around 1/31/13.
Hey, thanks for your feedback. Sadly, we're not searching Delta currently.. but AF for Skyteam. Delta will be incorporated soon.
Old May 28, 2012, 7:28 pm

Is the search function down? I have tried to do some searches and it just sits there after I put in the parameters.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I've been having the same problem all day today - tried firefox and IE.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:56 am
Original Poster

We're currently experiencing higher than normal searches - will get this looked at asap. Thanks!
Old May 29, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Service is back to normal. Thanks!
Old May 29, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
This site sounds like a great tool, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having problems. I cant get it to do anything at all really. It just sits on the Search in Progress... screen. I've left if for half an hour and it does nothing. I tried Chrome 19, IE 9, FF 10 (yes I know that's out of date) on two different ISPs - one of which I'm the firewall admin for so I know nothing's being blocked.

I started searching YVR-AKL on OW, then I tried YVR-HKG, YVR-LHR, LHR-JFK, LHR-SEA, etc etc On *A too. Tried dates ranging from next month to next year. The site just does nothing. Search in Progress... is all I ever get.

I can see the search queries updating on the home page so apparently it works for others, but I have no idea what's going on for me.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
Okay, just got it to work on my iPhone. Not sure what difference that makes.

Looks good!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
This tool hasn't been working for the last couple days...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:24 pm

Discrepancy between results vs actual

Looking to book travel 12/31 or 1/1 TLV - BOS for 4 seats. Tool shows 4 seats on LX 257 connecting on LX52. USAir states no seats on LX52.

Any idea why there is a discrepancy? As an aside the ANA tool shows the same availability on LX.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by upsidedown
Looking to book travel 12/31 or 1/1 TLV - BOS for 4 seats. Tool shows 4 seats on LX 257 connecting on LX52. USAir states no seats on LX52.

Any idea why there is a discrepancy? As an aside the ANA tool shows the same availability on LX.
US may be doing StarNet blocking - which is a known problem. Keep trying - you'll find the route you want soon!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Today, we're letting flyer-talkers try out our new tool - http://routegen.awardtravelr.com.

The tool is still in alpha development, but you get the rough idea. We basically want to generate routes based on airline timetable so award searchers can get a good idea of what's out there and what to search for. In the future, this will be integrated into AwardTravelr.

Try it out and let me know your thoughts! Keep in mind that the UI is just temporary and a new and better UI will launch in due time. Thanks! There are a few issues we're aware of:

- You may see some repeat routes due to the schedule we load - for the entire year. There are flights with the same number, but in actual fact, they are different flights for summer/winter seasons.
- The schedule is not the most up to date. This is based off an early 2010 schedule.

We're looking to get the schedule updated, include the OW/ST alliances in future releases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.