ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by IMH
Neither. (I also don't see much value in continuing this side discussion, but I don't want to be impolite and ignore your question.) I alerted ExpertFlyer Voice and thread subscribers to what appeared to be an issue affecting EF users of his product.

What followed can, I have learnt from responses here, be read in different ways. I felt ExpertFlyer Voice could have responded in a more constructive way and don't think I've been rude or posted inappropriately. Others see it differently and have 'rewarded' me with some gentle flaming. I'll try to draw lessons from the way I inadvertently ruffled feathers (and trust that if I only cause offence on FT once every seven or eight years then I'm probably not really a bad citizen).

If anyone else wants to pile in then please -- for the sake of what has often been a helpful thread -- take it to PM. Thanks.
FWIW, I've long felt the same way about this thread. I appreciate EF and EFV (and I've met him in person at a couple of FT/FF events), but the attitude of refusing to address issues here (even obvious, broad topics not specific to an account) and constant insistence on handling stuff by email has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Even if EFV would just say, "It's a lot easier to analyze and track problems by email than on FT. Would you mind emailing us at [email protected]?", that would be a much nicer, softer approach than continual statements of "We cannot help you. Please email us."

Just my $0.02.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Even if EFV would just say, "It's a lot easier to analyze and track problems by email than on FT. Would you mind emailing us at [email protected]?"
Did you not see where it was already said several times?

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We still want to know your account information, and specifically what was the BAEC info you had on your account, as whatever you had in there was causing the problem. That will allow us to replicate the issue, so please email us, thanks.
As we noted you can tell us the specific flight information and your email (so we can find your EF account). Please email this to [email protected]
We would like to solve the problem as it shouldn't be happening. To do that we need to replicate what you did, which is why we asked you to email us. What would be the most helpful to other paying customers is if we can solve the issue (or ask our GDS to do so) so no one else has the problem, thanks.
Is 3 times not enough? That's not even counting every other time EFV has made clear that account specific questions need to go over email in years past. IMH just wanted to be difficult.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
I'm searching SNA-PHX-DCA on 2/19-2/22 and selecting AA since they are codeshared. Every flight shows 7 available on each leg but the seat maps show very few seats available. Is this correct? Am I using the tool wrong? I also looked at some flights over the next couple days and they had numbers ranging from 0-7 which seemed normal.

Thanks for any help, I just signed up for the trial and it seems like it will be really useful once I figure out if I'm using it right or not!
What kind of search, regular availability or award? Remember that seat map availability and ticket availability will not likely match.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by pete4212
What kind of search, regular availability or award? Remember that seat map availability and ticket availability will not likely match.
Award. I figured that seat map availability and ticket availability won't match but 7 seats exactly on every flight a couple weeks out, including a 319, 320, and 321 seems like a very odd coincidence when some of the seat maps show far less than 7 available (even when including blocked seats).

Again, I'm new here so it's very possible I'm completely missing something but I haven't made it through all 37 pages yet
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Did you not see where it was already said several times?
I was not referring to this specific incident. I was speaking in broad terms having been following this thread for a number of years.

Some stuff may be easier dealt with by email. I get that. But EFV's tone is too often a harsh "Sorry, won't help you here. Email us."
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:28 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Did you not see where it was already said several times? [...] IMH just wanted to be difficult.
In the interests of balance, may I add these two quotes to your selection?

We cannot help you based on your FT post.
Originally Posted by IMH
If you have specific questions and I can help further, please feel free to PM.
Keeping the discussion going in this thread was ExpertFlyer Voice's choice (and, now, yours).

Originally Posted by jackal
EFV's tone is too often a harsh "Sorry, won't help you here. Email us."
Actually, a simple "sorry" would often be a great improvement.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
In the interests of balance, may I add these two quotes to your selection?
What is your deal? You posted a problem that couldn't be replicated with just the information in your post. EFV asked you to email the details yet instead of doing so you gave them a hard time. What's the difference if you send an email vs a PM, because it's your way or nothing? I wouldn't apologize either.

You should stop with your OT posts as it's drowning out those who actually want help. Case in point:
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
Award. I figured that seat map availability and ticket availability won't match but 7 seats exactly on every flight a couple weeks out, including a 319, 320, and 321 seems like a very odd coincidence when some of the seat maps show far less than 7 available (even when including blocked seats).

Again, I'm new here so it's very possible I'm completely missing something but I haven't made it through all 37 pages yet
Award searching isn't valid for codeshare flights, EF just doesn't have US award availability. US and AA still operate as separate airlines.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Is EF down? It tells me there are no fares filed by AA between PEK or PVG and ORD. Same for BOS-MIA. Sample result below

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:45 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by CDKing
Is EF down? It tells me there are no fares filed by AA between PEK or PVG and ORD. Same for BOS-MIA. Sample result below
If ExpertFlyer were down, you wouldn't be able to login and do a search at all.

We just did the same exact search and fares were returned, please try again. If you have questions about specific EF searches or issues with the website please email us first at [email protected] thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If ExpertFlyer were down, you wouldn't be able to login and do a search at all.

We just did the same exact search and fares were returned, please try again. If you have questions about specific EF searches or issues with the website please email us first at [email protected] thanks.
Must have been a glitch. Its back for me.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, I had signed up for EF years ago, but am not a paid member. Was just looking a some seat maps for Avainca in both Business and Economy (I have an upcoming trip) Was just browsing the flights and after about 6 or so searches a warning memo came up that I should upgrade to a paid account. I was not planning on setting up a seat alert, just browsing the seat maps.. Will this blocking clear after a day or so, or am I banished for life? Just wanted to get an indication as Avaincas Website wont show anything. Thanks EF in advance for the free query, hope I did not meet my limit. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:53 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hi there, I had signed up for EF years ago, but am not a paid member. Was just looking a some seat maps for Avainca in both Business and Economy (I have an upcoming trip) Was just browsing the flights and after about 6 or so searches a warning memo came up that I should upgrade to a paid account. I was not planning on setting up a seat alert, just browsing the seat maps.. Will this blocking clear after a day or so, or am I banished for life? Just wanted to get an indication as Avaincas Website wont show anything. Thanks EF in advance for the free query, hope I did not meet my limit. Thanks and Safe Travels
No, you're not banished. We have a daily limit on seat map searches for Free accounts to prevent abuse. However if you want more freedom to view seat maps for upcoming trips, then maybe upgrading to one of our subscription services for a month may serve your needs better.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
SV/ Saudia seatmaps

Hi EF, is it possible to check if Saudia now files any seatmaps which can be shown?

And thanks for adding OZ seatmaps!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Keter
Hi EF, is it possible to check if Saudia now files any seatmaps which can be shown?

And thanks for adding OZ seatmaps!
I'm sorry no, Saudia is still not publishing their seat maps.

You're Welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.