ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Travelbuddy405
Hi
Sorry if this was asked in another forum. I searched and did not find this information.
I want to fly from Dallas to HNL in June using Avios points. Can someone please tell me what class should I watch to find available seats on AA or AS?

Thanks so much!
On AS, it's W. No idea about AA. Hopefully someone else can respond to that.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:47 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Travelbuddy405
Hi
Sorry if this was asked in another forum. I searched and did not find this information.
I want to fly from Dallas to HNL in June using Avios points. Can someone please tell me what class should I watch to find available seats on AA or AS?

Thanks so much!
The AA award classes are Z/U/T as noted when you choose American in the airline list of the Award & Upgrade search. The DFW-HNL classes are usually 2 class so you would be looking for First or Coach.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:46 pm

If Expert Flyer wants my renewal business, they had better get Star award search and alerts back up and running soon.

I mean really soon-like this week.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
If Expert Flyer wants my renewal business, they had better get Star award search and alerts back up and running soon.

When you cancel, you can indicate your reason for cancelation. I explained the lack of star alliance award search capability as my reason for cancelation when I canceled.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:31 am

Somebody knows if there is a refund for annual subscriptions?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Somebody knows if there is a refund for annual subscriptions?
I would also like to know. I purchased an annual subscription about a month ago mainly for *A award alerts and in the past month, ExperFlyer has lost a lot of functionality that I bought it for.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Are seat alerts for UA no longer working?

I have one set for an upcoming LHR-ORD service. Had it set for any window or aisle in C.

Checking to see if the outbound u/g had cleared, I saw that there was a window seat on the return. EF alert still shows as active, and has not notified..
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:42 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are seat alerts for UA no longer working?

I have one set for an upcoming LHR-ORD service. Had it set for any window or aisle in C.

Checking to see if the outbound u/g had cleared, I saw that there was a window seat on the return. EF alert still shows as active, and has not notified..
Seat Alerts continue to work for all airlines. If you need help with a specific alert then email us so we know who you are and which alert you are referring to. Make sure that you have Premium or Paid seats included in the alert if the seat is marked as such.

Also, you should run a Quick Check of the alert to see if you will be notified at the next scheduled check of the alert. As we've said before, the alerts check a few times a day, not every minute, so just because you haven't gotten an email yet doesn't mean the system isn't working.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader

i got my last months fee credited back to my card and cancelled my membership

the ease in which this occurred makes me think that the star alliance search feature isn't coming back anytime soon
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
How do I set up an alert for a range of dates?

For example between 2/19 and 2/23 any U class seats on the same flight each day, I only seem to be able to select one day.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:12 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by aceman
How do I set up an alert for a range of dates?

For example between 2/19 and 2/23 any U class seats on the same flight each day, I only seem to be able to select one day.
I'm sorry aceman however Flight Alerts are only for specific flights on specific days. You can have up to 30 active alerts on your account at one time, so that would be sufficient to cover those 5 days.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
LH Award

Sorry if I missed an announcement - are LH Awards no longer searchable?

LH (nor ANA) are on the list of airlines when in the award search.

Thank you,
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
OP/RP availability no longer displaying (but searchable) on Awards/Upgrades section for DL. Can we expect this to return?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:59 pm

Is this publicly discussed somewhere else, or everybody is too polite to comment on these issues?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Is this publicly discussed somewhere else, or everybody is too polite to comment on these issues?
There is a thread that got started in the DL forum where someone posted an email response they got from EF support:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21832058-post36.html

Looks like things are still up in the air. (No pun intended)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.