ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:12 pm

Hi, just a quick and simple question, I know Expert Flyer doesn't show Cathay reward seat, but how about Cathay Seat via BA? I want to set up alert for some Biz class ticket on CX using Avios...
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk
Hi, just a quick and simple question, I know Expert Flyer doesn't show Cathay reward seat, but how about Cathay Seat via BA? I want to set up alert for some Biz class ticket on CX using Avios...
This isn't really an ExpertFlyer specific question, but you can check the BA, JL, QF sites for info on CX award seats. They're not going to be super accurate, but they'll give you some feel for it. I found the JL site most accurate, but sometimes, when things are changing, JL may show availability but it not really being there.

If you're redeeming using Asia Miles, you can use the Asia Miles site, too, and the availability there is larger than what you'd find on the other sites.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
This isn't really an ExpertFlyer specific question, but you can check the BA, JL, QF sites for info on CX award seats. They're not going to be super accurate, but they'll give you some feel for it. I found the JL site most accurate, but sometimes, when things are changing, JL may show availability but it not really being there.

If you're redeeming using Asia Miles, you can use the Asia Miles site, too, and the availability there is larger than what you'd find on the other sites.
Hi, thank you for the reply, I am currently using all three website to check the availability, daily... almost every hour I'm on the internet... but I want some automated tools therefore I look up ExpertFlyer, but unfortunately, ExpertFlyer doesn't show either CX or BA award, KVS doesn't even do alert..... I'm looking into Award Nexus, but the point cost $$$, I can afford some membership fees like ExpertFlyer... but not Award Nexus..... I guess I'll just have to sit around and do the search myself..
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:59 am

Expert flyer is showing 6-7 Business (J) class Award availability in Etihad Airlines from ORD-AUH in April 2014. But people are saying you can book only two award tickets with AA miles, is that true? I need to book 4 tickets is it possible with AA miles? Is there any other option?

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mak101
Expert flyer is showing 6-7 Business (J) class Award availability in Etihad Airlines from ORD-AUH in April 2014. But people are saying you can book only two award tickets with AA miles, is that true? I need to book 4 tickets is it possible with AA miles? Is there any other option?

Thanks.
J class is not an award class for Etihad, it is a regular paid fare class. Also, Etihad award inventory is not viewable on ExpertFlyer.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:47 pm

I tried yesterday and it does show Etihad inventory, am I missing anything?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:56 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mak101
I tried yesterday and it does show Etihad inventory, am I missing anything?
If you choose Etihad from the Award & Upgrades list you see:

First - Promotional Upgrade (R)
Business - Promotional Upgrade (X)

Neither of those classes are J, also they are promotional award classes, not standard miles ones. If you hover over the (?) icon next to them you'll see:

"Paid Promotional Business Upgrade inventory, not using miles."

The only source for EY miles award inventory is the EY website.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:36 pm

Hello Fellow Experts.

I'm an expert in training..

Here is what I need help with:

I have always like how LH is one of the only airlines that release excess award inventory into the marketplace within 4-5 days of departure. I think Cathay is the only other airline that does this.

This past week I have been looking on EF Award and Upgrade tool to see the *A Business Class award inventory for LAX-FRA. I have been seeing great avail (4+ seats) usually on both daily flights. And I have been seeing this for nearly every day this week.

But suddenly today there are zero seats avail in LH Business on this route using the *A filter.

I know award seats disappear quickly.. but it seems LH inventory has vanished completely.

Am I crazy? It's almost as if they're updating their system or reloading inventory but I have checked several times over the last 3-4 hrs.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:49 pm

I've done a lot of searches today for KLM O class. It seems like they're just dropped off out of nowhere. There are no seats, on any routes I search, on any days. Is this a KLM issue or EF issue? or just no availability? Flex awards come back ok.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Clark.W.Griswold
Hello Fellow Experts.

I'm an expert in training..

Here is what I need help with:

I have always like how LH is one of the only airlines that release excess award inventory into the marketplace within 4-5 days of departure. I think Cathay is the only other airline that does this.

This past week I have been looking on EF Award and Upgrade tool to see the *A Business Class award inventory for LAX-FRA. I have been seeing great avail (4+ seats) usually on both daily flights. And I have been seeing this for nearly every day this week.

But suddenly today there are zero seats avail in LH Business on this route using the *A filter.

I know award seats disappear quickly.. but it seems LH inventory has vanished completely.

Am I crazy? It's almost as if they're updating their system or reloading inventory but I have checked several times over the last 3-4 hrs.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
It must be the market. If you search JFK-FRA as an example you see Business award availability on various days in the next week.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:51 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Stubtify
I've done a lot of searches today for KLM O class. It seems like they're just dropped off out of nowhere. There are no seats, on any routes I search, on any days. Is this a KLM issue or EF issue? or just no availability? Flex awards come back ok.
We are showing what KLM is publishing in the reservation systems. It's possible they may be blocking certain routes like AF has done previously.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Alitalia Premium Economy Award

Having issues with AZ premium economy award availability. Looking to transfer some AMEX points to AZ and book a flight to Rome for my mom. Outbound is 8/18 on the 9:40pm JFK-FCO, and return 8/24 on the 9:10am FCO-JFK.

EF shows A7 for the outbound and A6 for the return. Just called Alitalia and they are telling me they don't see any seats available. Agent said MAYBE one seat on the outbound, but she couldn't see it for sure until they entered all the info and updated the system. Then looking at the return she said right off the bat it was showing showing 0 for everything that day and the day before (could also do a return on the 23rd).

I'd be using AZ miles to book on AZ metal, so no issues of partner blocking.

Have there ever been issues with EF showing correct AZ premium economy availability? Is the agent probably wrong, or her system wrong or not updated? If I urge them to take my mom's info and actually try to do the ticket, do you think the system would update and show availability?

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing JFK on 08/18/13 12:00 AM for FCO
Returning on 08/24/13 12:00 AM 
Flying AZ   on booking class Z A U      

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
AZ 603        0      JFK                FCO                330       Su,M,T,Th,Sa    Business - Award                       Z     1
                     08/18/13 4:35 PM   08/19/13 7:10 AM             90% / 16m       Premium Economy - Award                A     0

0 Connections
AZ 609        0      JFK                FCO                772       Su,M,W,F,Sa     Premium Economy - Award                A     7
                     08/18/13 5:35 PM   08/19/13 8:00 AM             67% / 25m       

0 Connections
AZ 611        0      JFK                FCO                772       Daily           Premium Economy - Award                A     7
                     08/18/13 9:40 PM   08/19/13 12:05 PM            79% / 29m
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing JFK on 08/18/13 12:00 AM for FCO
Returning on 08/24/13 12:00 AM 
Flying AZ   on booking class Z A U      

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
AZ 602        0      FCO                JFK                330       Su,M,T,Th,Sa    Premium Economy - Award                A     6
                     08/24/13 9:10 AM   08/24/13 12:55 PM            55% / 28m       

0 Connections
AZ 608        0      FCO                JFK                772       Daily           Premium Economy - Award                A     0
                     08/24/13 10:10 AM  08/24/13 1:45 PM             58% / 42m       

0 Connections
AZ 610        0      FCO                JFK                772       Daily           Premium Economy - Award                A     0
                     08/24/13 2:40 PM   08/24/13 6:15 PM             55% / 34m
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Quick question - expertflyer & KVS both show Air NZ and JetStar availability, correct? I must be doing something wrong as I can't get either to come up and I know I could in the past.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:29 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by roknroll
Agent said MAYBE one seat on the outbound, but she couldn't see it for sure until they entered all the info and updated the system.
So they didn't actually check? Call back, and talk to an agent that's willing to actually look at the flight inventory. Many times the agents can be incorrect. Also, be sure to confirm that they are looking for A class on those flights. If not, please let us know if the PE award class has changed.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:33 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
Quick question - expertflyer & KVS both show Air NZ and JetStar availability, correct? I must be doing something wrong as I can't get either to come up and I know I could in the past.
JetStar award availability is only available from them directly or on the Qantas.com.au award search. The full list of airlines we support for Award & Upgrade searching as always is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

Air NZ Award inventory has always been available via the ExpertFlyer Award & Upgrade search tool:

Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing LAX on 09/01/13 12:00 AM for AKL
Flying NZ   on booking class I A X      

Frequency                                                    
0 Connections
NZ 1          0      LAX                AKL                773       Daily           Business - Awards using Airpoints & Co I     0
                     09/01/13 9:45 PM   09/03/13 5:45 AM             97% / 7m        mp upgrades for Gold                   
                                                                                     Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into P A     0
                                                                                     remium Econom                          
                                                                                     Economy - Award                        X     1

0 Connections
NZ 5          0      LAX                AKL                773       Su,M,W,Th,F,Sa  Business - Awards using Airpoints & Co I     0
                     09/01/13 10:30 PM  09/03/13 6:30 AM             87% / 17m       mp upgrades for Gold                   
                                                                                     Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into P A     0
                                                                                     remium Econom                          
                                                                                     Economy - Award                        X     3

0 Connections
NZ 19         1      LAX                AKL                763       Su              Business - Awards using Airpoints & Co I     0
                     09/01/13 11:15 PM  09/03/13 9:50 AM             NA / NA         mp upgrades for Gold                   
                                                                                     Economy - Award                        X     0
If you have questions about a specific search please email us at [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.