ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Or, possibly, might there have been POS differences? A bit of poking around can sometimes illustrate how real those differences can be, if you switch between US and UK POS displays for a particular flight.
Sorry I'm blanking on what "POS" means...?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bruinflyer
Point Of Sale.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by bruinflyer
Point Of Sale.
So, for example, if you're in the UK, you might be shown 4 I class seats; if you're in the US, you might be shown zero; and if you're in Canada, you might be shown 7.

That's an explanation for many of the occasions on which someone says "EF told me there are x seats in y class, but the airline said that there aren't any".
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
So, for example, if you're in the UK, you might be shown 4 I class seats; if you're in the US, you might be shown zero; and if you're in Canada, you might be shown 7.

That's an explanation for many of the occasions on which someone says "EF told me there are x seats in y class, but the airline said that there aren't any".
Ah, got it. I'm physically in the US and using the Aeroplan.com website and the EF.com website. The Aeroplan site has a language selector, but no other region selection info. The EF size doesn't have any discernible localization controls. Any suggestions for how to tweak those two?

I'm not involving the (absolutely terrible) Turkish website, or it's prototype "new version" that's also available.

I bought my Y-class tickets via AmEx Travel over the phone, but that's not relevant to my searching here since I'm only referring to the info EF has told me relative to what the Aeroplan site lets me do.

Thanks for the details!

Last edited by bruinflyer; Jul 6, 2016 at 7:20 am Reason: typos
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Can't seem to find award info on ET 847 on 7/27. Is there a communication problem with the airline?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:19 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheCount2
Can't seem to find award info on ET 847 on 7/27. Is there a communication problem with the airline?
No, there isn't any award inventory for any cabin on that flight therefore it isn't returned by the airline.

For questions about specific searches please email us directly at customecare@
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:37 pm

Trying to find fare information for XL (LAN Ecuador) and not getting any results that match ITA.

Whats the best way to deal with LA (LAN) and all its subsidiaries?

For example, a flight is 2 segments - the first one is XL and the second one is LA (operated by XL) but each leg has different fares available in EF and they dont match so I cant figure out how many available in each bucket and how they combine. I am still able to find the flight available in ITA and I can buy it via LAN and AA but not sure which fare code applies. According to ITA it is D but the LA (XL) leg does not have availability in D. Also the D fare in EF shows something like $3k+ while the D fare in ITA shows $600.

Can anyone help? I find trying to put an itinerary in LA (and subsidiaries) the most difficult.

Last edited by ZoomVT; Jul 22, 2016 at 8:48 pm
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Did you try ITA tools?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Site down...
Attached Images  
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:07 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ryan182
Site down...
ExpertFlyer is up and working correctly. If you have any issues please email us directly at [email protected]. FlyerTalk is not a tech support forum.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Jul 24, 2016 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Is there a way to search for IN availability? Business saver for high status FF on UA?

I know that in most cases availability for IN matches I, but not always.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
ExpertFlyer is up and working correctly. If you have any issues please email us directly at [...]. FlyerTalk is not a tech support forum.
Incidentally you made a typo in the email address

I completely understand why you steer people to the EF email address for more directed help, but there can be value in "is this also broken for anyone else" type of questions or others may have helpful ideas before EF is able to answer.

And while FT search is clunky and not everyone uses it, there is also value in being able to search the thread.

Consider also that there are threads in Travel Tools for things like Google Flights and ITA Matrix and the ITA userscript.

So I think on the contrary FT can be useful for tech support, even if you don't want it to be an official support channel (which is fine).
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat
Did you try ITA tools?
I did. I am no ITA expert and had to play around with it quite a bit but was able to find the right flights. Quick comment, LAN is a mess. They have different flights by affiliates and though they are operated by LAN, sometimes they are operated XL, LP, etc - and then they are marketed by other affiliates.

After finding the flights in ITA I was able to find the flights in EF by splitting the segments. Basically my ticket is 1 RT NYC-GYE via XL, and then GYE-LIM via LAN and GYE-LIM via LP and AA.

Now I have to figure out if it makes sense to create alerts for each to figure out if I can get a better fare....
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:32 pm

Can EF finds award availability DXB-BOM on Emirates?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mak101
Can EF finds award availability DXB-BOM on Emirates?
Emirates is one of the airlines that EF can search for award availability

Do you think there is something special about DXB-BOM such that EF might not find award space on those flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.