ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
No. Please login to ExpertFlyer to see what information we have access to.

This has all been restored, thank you for your patience.
Lufthansa is not listed in the airlines for Awards search, and there continues to be no *A award space shown.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is it possible to set alerts for an award type for only X miles? For example, I'm flying AA, domestic economy, and want to know when MileSAAver (12.5k miles) becomes available. I'm not interested in their AAnytime economy availability (25k).
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Can you please add EY award availability? KVS has this but they don't support alerts like Expertflyer does!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:22 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by italdesign
Is it possible to set alerts for an award type for only X miles? For example, I'm flying AA, domestic economy, and want to know when MileSAAver (12.5k miles) becomes available. I'm not interested in their AAnytime economy availability (25k).
Each award type has it's own code, so for AA, economy MileSAAver is T vs Y for AAnytime economy award availability, so yes. Please look at the class codes listed for AA under the Award & Upgrade search for reference.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
Lufthansa is not listed in the airlines for Awards search, and there continues to be no *A award space shown.

I am still seeing these problems over 2 days later.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:44 pm

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Angry EF - AGAIN - not showing any Star Alliance Info

Originally Posted by Montacute
Agreed - it was working yesterday at 1600 (AWST - Perth) - and now this morning (1042 AWST - Perth) -- getting blazing red text saying

"The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again"

Are there scheduled downtimes for EF published somewhere? or is this still the same old (and annoying problem).?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:53 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Montacute
Originally Posted by ExecPlatinum_Lord
Agreed - it was working yesterday at 1600 (AWST - Perth) - and now this morning (1042 AWST - Perth) -- getting blazing red text saying
Unfortunately the Star Alliance Award search, along with award searching for some Star Alliance airlines, is unavailable. We are working to try to restore the information however it will be unavailable until further notice. You may instead search for award availability on individual supported airlines by selecting them in the Award & Upgrade search. Thank you for your understanding.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Unfortunately the Star Alliance Award search, along with award searching for some Star Alliance airlines, is unavailable. We are working to try to restore the information however it will be unavailable until further notice. You may instead search for award availability on individual supported airlines by selecting them in the Award & Upgrade search. Thank you for your understanding.
This being the case, along with not showing upgrade inventory on United, I no longer have any use for ExpertFlyer. I will cancel my subscription. But if this functionality is returned, please send former users an e-mail, and I will happily re-subscribe.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:58 am

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Thumbs down Crap Service - again

It would be helpful to explain "why" it's no longer available -- contracts being re-negotiated with GDS services or ? Having been a regular subscriber for many years -- this lack of meaningful info or updates is annoying.

Almost -- but not quite ready to cancel my subscription too -- am off to KVS now for award searching. Lets up the customer service a bit here folks.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond
It would be helpful to explain "why" it's no longer available -- contracts being re-negotiated with GDS services or ? Having been a regular subscriber for many years -- this lack of meaningful info or updates is annoying.

Almost -- but not quite ready to cancel my subscription too -- am off to KVS now for award searching. Lets up the customer service a bit here folks.
This ... need to know whether it's a temporary tech issue or negotiating point or whether this is likely to be ongoing. As *A alerts are one of the main reasons I subscribe, I'd like to know this...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:19 am
formerly danblar

+1^
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:06 am

Newbie here... sorry if this is in the wrong place.
1) I will be using Avios points
2) I live in Tulsa but can easily fly out of DFW or other location (DFW-HNL) or (TUL-LAX then LAX-HNL)...
3) I am trying to get to Hawaii (HNL) mid June.
4) I know that BA will allow me to fly AA or Alaska air but still having trouble booking anything.

I bought the premium ExpertFlyer and I am trying to get notification of available econ or business seats. I am not sure if I set up the notification for the AA flights or the BA flights and what fare class or classes to select for those seats.
There are lots of flights available on ExpertFlyer but when I go to BA.com to book they aren't there.
I appreciate any insight you may offer.
Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

Y'all might want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ct-2013-a.html

Although it's frustrating, I completely understand why EFV doesn't want to comment publicly on the subject.

The unanswered question is, is UA willing to let EF pay for access to the data, and if so, is EF willing to pay...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Travelbuddy405
Newbie here... sorry if this is in the wrong place.
1) I will be using Avios points
2) I live in Tulsa but can easily fly out of DFW or other location (DFW-HNL) or (TUL-LAX then LAX-HNL)...
3) I am trying to get to Hawaii (HNL) mid June.
4) I know that BA will allow me to fly AA or Alaska air but still having trouble booking anything.

I bought the premium ExpertFlyer and I am trying to get notification of available econ or business seats. I am not sure if I set up the notification for the AA flights or the BA flights and what fare class or classes to select for those seats.
There are lots of flights available on ExpertFlyer but when I go to BA.com to book they aren't there.
I appreciate any insight you may offer.
Thanks
Are you confusing flight and seat alerts? Either way, it sounds like your best bet is to email EF support so they can help you with your specific searches and alerts.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:33 pm

Expert flyer fare code question

Hi
Sorry if this was asked in another forum. I searched and did not find this information.
I want to fly from Dallas to HNL in June using Avios points. Can someone please tell me what class should I watch to find available seats on AA or AS?

Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.