Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new iPod

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
On this subject, I walked into the Apple Store in Cambridge ready to drop a few hundred dollars on a new 80Gb iPod Classic to replace my old 15Gb 3rd generation model.

So I started to play with one. Cripes, it's *so slow*! I don't expect to wait 2-3 seconds after every touch for something to happen. I don't expect to get frustrated trying to scroll through song lists because it keeps stuttering and sticking. I don't expect menu transitions to take forever.

When did this happen?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by typical
On this subject, I walked into the Apple Store in Cambridge ready to drop a few hundred dollars on a new 80Gb iPod Classic to replace my old 15Gb 3rd generation model.

So I started to play with one. Cripes, it's *so slow*! I don't expect to wait 2-3 seconds after every touch for something to happen. I don't expect to get frustrated trying to scroll through song lists because it keeps stuttering and sticking. I don't expect menu transitions to take forever.

When did this happen?
When they added all those nifty animations, background images and coverflow.

It is indeed really slow, I hope they fix this in the next firmware...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After reading the rather lukewarm reviews of the iTouch (e.g. Mossberg, WSJ) I've changed my mind (again ) and will likely go with a slightly used iPhone. Better functionality, usable overseas (once unlocked) and possibly better pricing. ^
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I hope it gets faster...it looks like a great product and I think apple will get the speed fixed.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K Hilton Diamond
Speed is most important when music isnt the only focus...jogging, typing, etc...the new ipod has 120 gigs! How about some faster memory? RAM? Does that even apply?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I ordered the ipod touch from amazon on Sept 14th, before Amazon even had them in inventory. Until the end of Sept, it showed it would ship on Oct 1. On Oct 2, it hadn't shipped and I was told it would ship Oct 4. Today is Oct 5 and I got an email that it would be shipping the first week of December.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I ordered the ipod touch from amazon on Sept 14th, before Amazon even had them in inventory. Until the end of Sept, it showed it would ship on Oct 1. On Oct 2, it hadn't shipped and I was told it would ship Oct 4. Today is Oct 5 and I got an email that it would be shipping the first week of December.
try www.macmall.com

They had it in stock yesterday when I ordered the 16GB and it has shipped.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by h_united
try www.macmall.com

They had it in stock yesterday when I ordered the 16GB and it has shipped.
I ordered mine for the APPLE store online...said that ship date would be oct 11th -- got the 16GB versions...but I am only using it for movies...plan opn downloading 10-12 movies for long haul flights...

WIFI around the airport !!

Last edited by anaggie; Oct 5, 2007 at 10:45 am
Old Oct 5, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
Try bestbuys. They have them in stock.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The latest update fixed iCal so you can now enter and change calendar data on the iPod Touch. With this revision, I think I will finally get off the fence. The iPhone is still appealing, but does not seem to be worth the hassle of jailbreaking, unlocking etc. since I don't plan to use it as a phone - at least as long as it's handcuffed to AT&T (or unlocked, to T-Mo).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.