I want one.

I need one.

I need it like I need air to breath.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't impress me one bit.

At 16Gb max it's just not enough.

I was waiting to see what Apple would do today, but didn't see what I wanted, so I just put my order in for an Archos 605 Wifi 160Gb.

Archos will do most different movie stores online, has much better Codec support, a higher resolution screen.

The only product that looks marginally interesting is the new Nano.

Oh, and isn't "I need it like I need air to breath." taking the whole Apple fan thing just a tad too far?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Oh joy... an iPhone without the phone...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
New Nano is cool.

Dilemma:

My grandson dropped Miss Redbeard's Nano into a glass of water. If I give her my Nano, then I will have to replace mine, won't I?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Redbeard, I'd recommend you do the right thing and give your Nano away to make amends for the damaged one. Of course, if you at some point decide to replace your Nano...then you'll have to buy a new one!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by ScottC
Oh, and isn't "I need it like I need air to breath." taking the whole Apple fan thing just a tad too far?
Well, now that I've taken a closer look I think the new classic ipod with 160GB space is more of a "need like I need air" thing than the ipod touch.

Still, I *do* like the touch version. I'd probably wait until there is one with more space. At the same time, when will I have time to listen to the 10+days of music I have on my ipod video 30GB? Not even when driving between UK and Germany did I get a chance to go through it all. I think the 16GB version of the new touch would suit me just fine. Just keep the playlists I want on it.

A 160GB ipod would more than likely be used to download pictures from the camera when I'm on a shoot. Been thinking of getting one for that...... Hmmmm could get the new touch and use the 30gb for image storage and not have to lug the MBP around all the time.

/E
Ps. Yes, I am an apple fan and proud of it.

Last edited by Emma65; Sep 5, 2007 at 4:23 pm
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You miss the point.

It's a widescreen ipod with VIDEO.

Do you know how much video fits in 16Gb?

They finally have a device that will be good enough for video, and they make the damn thing flash based.

A widescreen touch ipod needs 80Gb or more.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Yeah, the Touch is not the best for video fanatics but it is oh soooo sexy and sold ^.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
You miss the point.

They finally have a device that will be good enough for video, and they make the damn thing flash based.

Honestly? Hang on, got to check my itunes....

I have a couple of rock videos and a few music documentaries in my movie section on itunes. All in all 29 of them at a total of 1.15 gig.

What point am I missing?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How disappointing. I've got about 25 gigabytes just in music (I like it at 192 kbps). I'd love an iPod that does better video, and the web-surfing would be a bonus. The timing would have been perfect -- the battery in my 60 gig iPod is dying.

However, 16 gigabytes? Not even close to what I need.

Oh well.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Totally agree, the 16 GB limitation is a deal-killer.

It's a nice interface and I don't need an iPhone (Palm Treo does more of what I need it to.) So maybe when Apple comes out with the second- or third-generation iPod Touch, it will have some decent storage space.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Doesn't impress me one bit.

At 16Gb max it's just not enough.

I was waiting to see what Apple would do today, but didn't see what I wanted, so I just put my order in for an Archos 605 Wifi 160Gb.
Archos will do most different movie stores online, has much better Codec support, a higher resolution screen.

The only product that looks marginally interesting is the new Nano.

160 gb?
That's a helluva lot of music!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Originally Posted by ninerfan
160 gb?
But it's not that many movies or pictures (if you are using your iPod as a camera backup). The Touch in an 80gb would be quite nice, even with the bad battery life, as a photo backup/one assistant. Oh well.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ninerfan
160 gb?
Video. Lots and lots of video.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
You miss the point.

I think someone there is thinking like me. Yes, good screen for video, but not for very much video. Good for YouTube (which it does), short clips like that.

Which isn't to say there aren't a lot of disappointed people thinking like you do. I think the money was on the Touch being on the HD-based iPods instead of this way around.

What's really going to happen is the capacities of the Touch will go up. When they get to 32GB and 64GB of flash memory that'll be more like it. Until now, it's a Nano with the touch screen and Wi-Fi. Don't discount that portable Wi-Fi device factor. Some people may buy it for that.

Actually, it seems the iPod/iPhone line has an interesting amount of choices in it for a company notorious for restricting choices. Okay, there's only one iPhone model so far, but you can also get essentially the same thing without the phone part for $100 less. Or you can get a big HD-based iPod in the more traditional form factor. Or you can get a nano that now can play little tiny videos. Lots of overlap in these areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.